[The League Cup Final] Newcastle United vs. Manchester United: 26/02/2023 @ 4.30pm (Sky)

Nobody

35 minutes ago, huss9 said:

if its just to sit next to ur brother - i'd get one in pot3 and let him go to ballot.

i'm sure you'll manage to get round the stadium within limits to sit next to him.

sounds like you only would want to go if you could sit next to your brother?

Would be ideal if we could sit together. I'd feel incredibly harsh going without him though if he couldn't get a ticket hence why I was willing to drop to pot 4. 

Just now, geordiekris said:

Would be ideal if we could sit together. I'd feel incredibly harsh going without him though if he couldn't get a ticket hence why I was willing to drop to pot 4. 

i'm sure he'd rather you go even if he couldnt.

or even better, be a good bro and give him your ticket if he doesnt get one. go on. you'll feel great.

i was going to give my eldest my ticket if he didnt get one. the rest of us would have driven down and watched in the pub then met him later at the stadium.

I'll be going there by myself for this. All the people I generally go to the match with aren't season ticket holders. They're either members or I just get mates tickets on a game by game basis on my season tickets. So its the bus there and back on my Todd. Feel like I right Billy no mates.[emoji38]

Anyone else in the same boat?

Edited by Scoot

2 minutes ago, geordiekris said:

Follow my advice I gave you earlier and hopefully you’ll be ok 🤞🏻 How many devices you both got?

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

I’ve spoke to box office about ballot as was unable to locate the terms

If unsuccessful in 4 you don’t move to 5 and so on.

it seems that if you are in 4-7 you may have an equal chance. 

when you apply you fill in the ballot sheet online and then pray until the following Tuesday 

It's possible I suppose but would be surprised if they lumped people from 4 different categories into the same ballot. As you say, the date for being told whether successful or not is the same but the way I understand it is there'll  be a ballot for the P4 applicants then should tickets be left afterwards it'll go to a further ballot for P5 and so on.

1 minute ago, Scoot said:

I'll be going there by myself for this. All the people I generally go yo the match with aren't season ticket holders. They're either members or I just get mates tickets on a game by game basis on my season tickets. So its the bus there and back on my Todd. Feel like I right Billy no mates.[emoji38]

look for a load of black and white top wearing louts when you're down there.

get ya sel a few drinks and join them.

they wont mind.

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

I’ve spoke to box office about ballot as was unable to locate the terms

If unsuccessful in 4 you don’t move to 5 and so on.

it seems that if you are in 4-7 you may have an equal chance. 

when you apply you fill in the ballot sheet online and then pray until the following Tuesday 

I presume it's because pot 4 is only a ballot because they cannot guarantee everyone a ticket. If you miss out in pot 4 ballot it will be because we've sold out our allocation and there will be no tickets for pot 5. 

Probably me being pessimistic as I'm in pot 6. 

2 minutes ago, Scoot said:

I'll be going there by myself for this. All the people I generally go to the match with aren't season ticket holders. They're either members or I just get mates tickets on a game by game basis on my season tickets. So its the bus there and back on my Todd. Feel like I right Billy no mates.[emoji38]

Yup I'll be on my own, where I live I don't even have any mates that support Newcastle so I generally go to the matches on my own. Live slightly closer than you mind so it'll just be an hour and a half on the train but still, staying in a hotel on the Saturday night on me tod too

3 minutes ago, Scoreboard82 said:

It's possible I suppose but would be surprised if they lumped people from 4 different categories into the same ballot. As you say, the date for being told whether successful or not is the same but the way I understand it is there'll  be a ballot for the P4 applicants then should tickets be left afterwards it'll go to a further ballot for P5 and so on.

Would seem like a waste of time creating any categories after 5 if they did that. May as well have just had everyone not in the first 4 all together in 5

6 minutes ago, Scoot said:

I'll have your ticket for the bairn if you're feeling really daft? And wanna meet the lads to watch it. Am sure they'd rather you were with them 😀

15 minutes ago, huss9 said:

i'm sure he'd rather you go even if he couldnt.

or even better, be a good bro and give him your ticket if he doesnt get one. go on. you'll feel great.

i was going to give my eldest my ticket if he didnt get one. the rest of us would have driven down and watched in the pub then met him later at the stadium.

I'm more than happy to do that but I'm awaiting on confirmation on in terms of checks etc. As it states on the site tickets are non transferable. 

Just now, geordiekris said:

I'm more than happy to do that but I'm awaiting on confirmation on in terms of checks etc. As it states on the site tickets are non transferable. 

Tbh I think you’d be extremely unlucky to get checked, and even if you did, there’s no requirement for ID, so as long as you know the name and address of the person that the ticket relates to, you’ll be sound.

1 minute ago, Scoreboard82 said:

Hypothetical pots, subject to availability?

Yeah, just seems like a lot of effort to go to come up with the various criteria, and the subsequent shit that the box office will have had to deal with, with questions, if there wasn’t going to be some sort of structural use to having them.

16 minutes ago, SteV said:

Tbh I think you’d be extremely unlucky to get checked, and even if you did, there’s no requirement for ID, so as long as you know the name and address of the person that the ticket relates to, you’ll be sound.

From what I read about other clubs going to Wembley for finals the security are more arsed about stopping people trying to jump the turnstiles, fake tickets, radgies looking for a scrap etc

History would suggest that a well behaved adult on a concession ticket or a ticket not in their name will generally just go straight through the turnstiles

Edited by bobbydazzla

33 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Follow my advice I gave you earlier and hopefully you’ll be ok 🤞🏻 How many devices you both got?

yeah that's what I'm going to do thanks mate. 

Got plenty of devices between the two of us what with work laptops and work tablets along with our own. 

Still lots of very good seats left. Not sure if those in later periods can already check but not purchase but If anyone wants me to have a pre nose close of play tonight and tomorrow night to give you the lay of the land for bigger groups let me know.

Another thing to note was I was approximately 1200 in the queue this morning from 10am and was quoted 48mins wait time yet within a couple of mins it had dropped very quickly and I got in around 10:10am. It’s a very similar system to ours. Select area. Select seats. Basket. Assign warning if more than one seat being purchased. Assign. Purchase. So very familiar.

44 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Still lots of very good seats left. Not sure if those in later periods can already check but not purchase but If anyone wants me to have a pre nose close of play tonight and tomorrow night to give you the lay of the land for bigger groups let me know.

Another thing to note was I was approximately 1200 in the queue this morning from 10am and was quoted 48mins wait time yet within a couple of mins it had dropped very quickly and I got in around 10:10am. It’s a very similar system to ours. Select area. Select seats. Basket. Assign warning if more than one seat being purchased. Assign. Purchase. So very familiar.

Was actually about to ask if someone could screenshot the seating plan showing what blocks had completely sold out. 

44 minutes ago, LFEE said:

yeah mate - 4 for wednesday - heads up would be good.

i got on without a wait in the early afternoon today, tomorrow will be dead, wednesday will be rammed.

think it could have been organised a little better. surely they knew the numbers for each group beforethey started.

12 minutes ago, Wilson said:

Was actually about to ask if someone could screenshot the seating plan showing what blocks had completely sold out. 

Yeah no problem. That’s state of play as of a few mins ago. Blocks 238-252 were never on sale so only half a dozen blocks fully booked with the dark shading. Most paying the higher prices it seems.

90780027-4D9D-41AE-9CD2-F8F971E26F20.jpeg

4 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Yeah no problem. That’s state of play as of a few mins ago. Blocks 238-252 were never on sale so only half a dozen blocks fully booked with the dark shading. Most paying the higher prices it seems.

90780027-4D9D-41AE-9CD2-F8F971E26F20.jpeg

Quite surprised there’s still a reasonable number of safe standing left. Thought they would all have gone straight away tbh.