Financial Fair Play / Profit & Sustainability

Mattoon

Even ignoring the FFP implications (which are obviously a lot more complicated) the profit and loss account currently sits at minus £550m. Half a billion quid for relegation battle after relegation battle. 

Put FFP to one side that statement basically means the auditors can not give any assurance that the club has the finance, or access to finance, that enables it to fund its obligations for 12 months.

or in football speak there are no guarantees that they can fulfil their fixtures. 

the Premier League should be looking at that and deciding if that is a risk they are happy to carry

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I hate Everton, probably my most hated club after Sunderland, but this whole FFP thing is a heap of shite. 

is it? they've walked themselves into this danger

1 minute ago, Jack27 said:

is it? they've walked themselves into this danger

I just think it's bollocks that they gave it a shot a few years ago, it failed, but that's it, they're screwed.

Especially when Liverpool fucked up last year but they could just paper it over by spending £150m without battling an eyelid. Same as Man U & Chelsea can. It's fucking shit. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

Do them selling Branthwaite for £60m + this summer not just sort them out? With FFP anyway, I’m aware of the other issues.

Edited by KDT

2 minutes ago, Keggy_Keagal said:

The losses are with borrowed money, and unless I'm mistaken I don't believe factor in the stadium costs which were ran through a separate company.

Wow, so they have in effect taken loans to cover loses and can't afford them, so in my simple non financial brain that has got to be a double loss?, they have got to be proper screwed 

I’d like to see Everton struggle on the field and be relegated for being a shambles of a footballing side for years. I don’t want to see them fail because of major mismanagement. I know it’s a fine line, all clubs take risks but it’s an awful situation for hundreds of thousands of fans 

15 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I just think it's bollocks that they gave it a shot a few years ago, it failed, but that's it, they're screwed.

Especially when Liverpool fucked up last year but they could just paper it over by spending £150m without battling an eyelid. Same as Man U & Chelsea can. It's fucking shit. 

that's a fair point

counterpoint: everton

4 minutes ago, KDT said:

Do them selling Branthwaite for £60m + this summer not just sort them out? With FFP anyway, I’m aware of the other issues.

It would help them for the current accounting period yes. But the structural issues persist - these accounts already are mitigated in part by the sale of Gordon.

Incidentally, and I’ve posted on here previously about this, I work for a company which is often approached either directly by clubs or brand intermediaries with regards to front of shirt sponsorship / other opportunities. About six months ago we were asked as to our interest for headline naming rights for their new stadium - and they were asking for an absolute pittance (c. £6-8m). Reeked of desperation.

32 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

There shit goes beyond FFP tbf, they are struggling to secure financing it seems.