Financial Fair Play / Profit & Sustainability

Mattoon

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Absolutely no shame from Masters and who he represents.   It would be interesting to see which clubs would welcome an outside governing body???

19 minutes ago, NG32 said:

Absolutely no shame from Masters and who he represents.   It would be interesting to see which clubs would welcome an outside governing body???

I mean a regulator makes no sense if your the PL or its members, why have someone else influence your business?

35 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

I mean a regulator makes no sense if your the PL or its members, why have someone else influence your business?

Well that's exactly why the general football public want this regulator in place ASAP. Whatever Masters and the other untrustworthy members of the PL want, it's probably best to do the opposite .

The sooner the regulator is in place the better it will be for fans and the worse it will be for Masters, and I'm happy to see that happen.

For what it's worth, the exact same thing that happens to energy companies and water companies, they all have a regulator (even though they do a shit job of it). So there's no reason football should be any different seeing as the PL can't seem to manage it by itself.

43 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

They already have outsiders influencing it tbh.

7 hours ago, FloydianMag said:

PFA could also challenge any wage cap, football agents have already won a legal challenge at capping their fees.

It's a soft cap. UEFA have implemented a soft cap as have La Liga.

The UEFA cap is still the most restrictive.

Apparently we are leading the charge on this afternoons vote with City United Liverpool and Arsenal dead against it. We dont even need to guess why.

14 clubs are needed for the changes to go through....its going to be an interesting outcome for all involved.

4 minutes ago, Ben said:

So these rules with the removal of the related party transactions would be good for us ? 

Removing restrictions on the related party sponsors would be huge for us.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Removing restrictions on the related party sponsors would be huge for us.

Which is why it won’t happen lol

I don't think the anchoring would make any real difference in isolation. If a club can still spend 5 times as much as another, what's the point? It doesn't fix competitive balance at all.

And I actually agree with the points made by the objectors - it hobbles the PL in Europe. From our point of view, get rid of some of the other rules and then we're cooking, but I don't think this change would do any of that.

Unless there's some sort of pact to protect the 'smallest' clubs with this change first so the other rules go too, since we or anyone else then couldn't just run away with it, as has happened before.

6 minutes ago, Ben said:

So these rules with the removal of the related party transactions would be good for us ? 

If it doesn't happen we're fucked I think, it would mean that we'd have a lower turnover to wages ratio without being able to generate a higher amount of related-party revenue. 

The removal of the related party transactions seems to have come from nowhere, does this mean Man City would be let off their 115 charges

23 minutes ago, Ben said:

But they aren't removing RPT's are they?

The vote has nothing to do with that. Unless I'm mistaking.

Edited by Scoot

Just now, Keegans Export said:

Wow, that's a big shock. Unless they're bringing it in in addition to the 70/85% rule?

There has to be concurrency with UEFA as I’ve understood it.