Lewis Miley

Ronson333

What was Howe like at bringing youngsters through at Bournemouth?

The reason I ask is I haven’t seen anything from him here to suggest he is going to bring through any of our young players successfully, unless they are already coming in established.

The handling of Anderson has been poor and I don’t expect any better for smiley’s development.

9 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

The reason I ask is I haven’t seen anything from him here to suggest he is going to bring through any of our young players successfully, unless they are already coming in established.

The handling of Anderson has been poor and I don’t expect any better for smiley’s development.

Has his handling of Anderson been poor ? Can't think of many occasions he's been left out when I'd have played him and got decent minutes in good situations V Forest for exampme. Constantly in the first team squad and confident enough to play from The start V Liverpool last season.

Anderson has had quite a few opportunities off the bench, it hasn't quite happened for him yet, partly down to it being a big step up to the PL, and partly just bad luck. He's been close to scoring a few times.

I don't think Howe has held him back, just PL defences and midfields for that matter, are a lot better organised to what he's used to, and he's still adjusting.

23 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

We finished fourth with what ended up being a thin squad of midfielders, what exactly Howe should've done differently with Anderson? We are four really tough games in to this season and some are getting anxious that he hasn't played a 16 year old kid yet in place of Bruno, Tonali, Joelinton (or Longstaff/Anderson). :lol:

What have you seen that indicates Howe can't bring through our young players?

Edited by Pata

3 minutes ago, Pata said:

We finished fourth with what ended up being a thin squad of midfielders, what exactly Howe should've done differently with Anderson? We are four really tough games in to this season and some are getting anxious that he hasn't played a 16 year old kid yet in place of Bruno, Tonali, Joelinton (or Longstaff/Anderson). :lol:

What have you seen that indicates Howe can't bring through our young players?

That he’s been in management over 10 years and I can’t think of one player that he has successfully brought through from academy to be a first team regular of any quality.

What have you seen of him to suggest he can?

1 minute ago, Matt1892 said:

That he’s been in management over 10 years and I can’t think of one player that he has successfully brought through from academy to be a first team regular of any quality.

What have you seen of him to suggest he can?

Yeah, it's a shame he hasn't been able to take advantage of the famous academies of Bournemouth and Newcastle so far. Newcastle academy was such a hotbed of talent during the Ashley years, it's a joke he hasn't been able to use it more during his less than two years in charge here.

17 minutes ago, madras said:

Has his handling of Anderson been poor ? Can't think of many occasions he's been left out when I'd have played him and got decent minutes in good situations V Forest for exampme. Constantly in the first team squad and confident enough to play from The start V Liverpool last season.

Transfermarkt says he played 395 minutes over 22 appearances which isn’t great, as over 150 of those was in the last 2 games of the season.

He then was the outstanding player of ours from pre season and arguably deserved a start, yet is back on the bench with our midfield struggling.

I see Anderson as a player whose career will drift away and we will be talking about how he wasn’t good enough, when I think he could be if handled better, which might have been a loan away to get some serious game time.

2 minutes ago, Pata said:

Yeah, it's a shame he hasn't been able to take advantage of the famous academies of Bournemouth and Newcastle so far. Newcastle academy was such a hotbed of talent during the Ashley years, it's a joke he hasn't been able to use it more during his less than two years in charge here.

So you haven’t seen anything to suggest that he can either. Great.

2 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

Transfermarkt says he played 395 minutes over 22 appearances which isn’t great, as over 150 of those was in the last 2 games of the season.

He then was the outstanding player of ours from pre season and arguably deserved a start, yet is back on the bench with our midfield struggling.

I see Anderson as a player whose career will drift away and we will be talking about how he wasn’t good enough, when I think he could be if handled better, which might have been a loan away to get some serious game time.

I disagree. He didn't play outstanding, he scored. There's  subtle difference. At the start of the season would you have played him instead of Joelinton or Gordon ?

12 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

So you haven’t seen anything to suggest that he can either. Great.

No, I didn't really pay attention to Bournemouth when they were climbing the divisions.

Are you indicating that Anderson or Miley should've been starting games this season in front of Brazilian internationals Bruno and Joelinton or the £55m Italian international Tonali? Or are you just kneejerking really hard after couple of poor results?

Edited by Pata

31 minutes ago, madras said:

I disagree. He didn't play outstanding, he scored. There's  subtle difference. At the start of the season would you have played him instead of Joelinton or Gordon ?

I would have played him instead of Joelinton.

20 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

So much anger because EH hasn't been sucking off the local 5/10 first teamer [emoji38]

I don’t see anyone angry, a few upset at me pointing out that Howe hasn’t brought through one decent player in his decade of management but that is it.

Guest reefatoon

There is a small minority of fucking ridiculous posters stinking the shit out of this place now like. Getting far too much air time with their total and utter boring bollocks.

It’s making it a hard read these days. It’s a shame as there are plenty of cracking posters, they are just being drowned out by some absolute relentless boring bastards.

1 hour ago, madras said:

Beforehand or in hindsight?

Before the season I thought he should have gone out on loan due to knowing he was unlikely to get the minutes needed for him to develop properly, I didn’t consider him starting as I knew it was unlikely to happen.

I don’t really rate Joelinton as a midfielder and his best position last season was wide left, so he would be the obvious one to move out. 

24 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

There is a small minority of fucking ridiculous posters stinking the shit out of this place now like. Getting far too much air time with their total and utter boring bollocks.

It’s making it a hard read these days. It’s a shame as there are plenty of cracking posters, they are just being drowned out by some absolute relentless boring bastards.

Then don’t read it.

32 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Put me on mute 😉

34 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

Before the season I thought he should have gone out on loan due to knowing he was unlikely to get the minutes needed for him to develop properly, I didn’t consider him starting as I knew it was unlikely to happen.

I don’t really rate Joelinton as a midfielder and his best position last season was wide left, so he would be the obvious one to move out. 

Hmmmm. Just checked your avatar and I'm a little perplexed.

1 hour ago, madras said:

Beforehand or in hindsight?

Tbf nobody except people closely involved with the team knew that Joelinton wasn't really fit to play at the start of the season, so of course for anyone on here it'd be hindsight.

Nobody is perfect, neither is Howe and I'd agree that one of his, so far at least, most annoying traits is that he isn't comfortable giving youth players a decent chance in competitive matches. His other trait that annoys me a bit, last game excluded, is how long he takes to make substitutions, which unfortunately also impacts the amount of time Anderson (or any other youth player on the bench) gets to make an impression coming off the bench. He's good at talking them up in interviews, but his words rarely match his team selection.

Anderson came back in the best shape of anyone in the squad, had a good pre-season and scored in 3(?) matches, Howe praises him constantly for it yet opts for an injured Joelinton. I'd have Anderson starting until Joelinton was 100% fit 10/10 times.

Miley surprised everyone since his first appearance for us how good and composed he looks and is not allowed to go out on loan (which I agreed with, on the assumption he would be somewhat involved in the first team picture), yet isn't even on the bench as an option.

I wouldn't change Eddie for anyone in the world at the moment, so please don't take the above as anything more than it is meant as - well intended constructive criticism.

Anderson was by far our best player in pre season like and not just because of his goals either. He ripped through villas backline and was doing great against brightons aswell. So this premier leagues a step up nonsense doesn't hold weight in my opinion. It's just an excuse for why he ain't getting picked.