Lewis Miley

Ronson333

I don’t blame Howe for Anderson’s development. Anderson should’ve been loaned out last season but Shelvey was injured and then sold without replacement so we kept Anderson has backup.  

Ideal world we sign 2 midfielders this season and Anderson goes on loan somewhere like Luton and plays regularly. But again too many games, not enough numbers. 

Miley is what 17? He doesn’t necessarily need to play adult pro football regularly. He needs to baseline his professionalism. Next season both really need to be regulars somewhere for their own development. 

3 hours ago, Conjo said:

Miley surprised everyone since his first appearance for us how good and composed he looks and is not allowed to go out on loan (which I agreed with, on the assumption he would be somewhat involved in the first team picture), yet isn't even on the bench as an option.

We are not going to send a 16 year old kid out on loan nor should we, first team picture or not.

Edited by Pata

1 hour ago, andycap said:

Anderson was by far our best player in pre season like and not just because of his goals either. He ripped through villas backline and was doing great against brightons aswell. So this premier leagues a step up nonsense doesn't hold weight in my opinion. It's just an excuse for why he ain't getting picked. 

You don't believe matches in the PL are of a greater intensity and of a higher skill level than a couple of friendlies in the USA? Fucking hell man. This really is the Elias Sorensen debate all over again. Anderson has had a few opportunities and he's done okay in most of them, but there's not one instance that's made us sit up and think that he is the one, he's the guy who's going to get us that third place finish, he's the guy who's going to make the difference in the cup final. He's not a bad player, he's just not as good as 6 or 7 other midfielders we have at the club right now.

1 hour ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

You don't believe matches in the PL are of a greater intensity and of a higher skill level than a couple of friendlies in the USA? Fucking hell man. This really is the Elias Sorensen debate all over again. Anderson has had a few opportunities and he's done okay in most of them, but there's not one instance that's made us sit up and think that he is the one, he's the guy who's going to get us that third place finish, he's the guy who's going to make the difference in the cup final. He's not a bad player, he's just not as good as 6 or 7 other midfielders we have at the club right now.

:lol: Not a single person has said this afaik. Of course he isn't....but he's better than a wounded Joelinton who hasn't been physically able to do what he's done so great for us the last 1.5 season. It doesn't bode well for recruitment within if Howe has more faith in theJoelinton we've seen so far this season, who if I read correctly wasn't in shape to train between the Liverpool and Brighton game, than an Anderson who's done everything that's been asked of him, performed well in pre-season and then some. 

3 hours ago, Matt1892 said:

Before the season I thought he should have gone out on loan due to knowing he was unlikely to get the minutes needed for him to develop properly, I didn’t consider him starting as I knew it was unlikely to happen.

I don’t really rate Joelinton as a midfielder and his best position last season was wide left, so he would be the obvious one to move out. 

I think Anderson will get plenty minutes this season fwiw and balance that with also training with top Premier players instead of the likes of Bradley Dack.

5 minutes ago, Conjo said:

:lol: Not a single person has said this afaik. Of course he isn't....but he's better than a wounded Joelinton who hasn't been physically able to do what he's done so great for us the last 1.5 season. It doesn't bode well for recruitment within if Howe has more faith in theJoelinton we've seen so far this season, who if I read correctly wasn't in shape to train between the Liverpool and Brighton game, than an Anderson who's done everything that's been asked of him, performed well in pre-season and then some. 

I don't rate him as a PL player whatsoever at his current level, so have to disagree. We should have loaned him to a decent Championship club. Guy went from tearing up L2 (one level above Gateshead...) to being a bit part in the PL.... definitely feels like he's missed a step in his development.

Guy's nowhere near Joelinton's level, not even close.

I repeat he was our best player in pre season so in my opinion should be first of the bench for midfield. Or even starting if joelinton isn't fit. He links up well on the left with the left forward and Isak. I rate the lad he's only really lacking in pace. 

20 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

I don't rate him as a PL player whatsoever at his current level, so have to disagree. We should have loaned him to a decent Championship club. Guy went from tearing up L2 (one level above Gateshead...) to being a bit part in the PL.... definitely feels like he's missed a step in his development.

Guy's nowhere near Joelinton's level, not even close.

Agree that he's not close to Joelinton's level when fit. If you watched the Brighton game in particular and thought how Joelinton performed was better than what Anderson would have if he had started...well...I wouldn't agree with that, to put it as nicely as I can :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
On 07/09/2023 at 10:54, Matt1892 said:

Transfermarkt says he played 395 minutes over 22 appearances which isn’t great, as over 150 of those was in the last 2 games of the season.

He then was the outstanding player of ours from pre season and arguably deserved a start, yet is back on the bench with our midfield struggling.

I see Anderson as a player whose career will drift away and we will be talking about how he wasn’t good enough, when I think he could be if handled better, which might have been a loan away to get some serious game time.

Still mad about Anderson? Two straight Premier League starts + 20 minutes at the San Siro.

2 hours ago, timeEd32 said:

Still mad about Anderson? Two straight Premier League starts + 20 minutes at the San Siro.

He has been given a long overdue opportunity albeit through injury and is showing what he can do, hopefully he can retain his position on his performances.

The important point being he had to wait for a number of injuries to get his chance, when he should have been trusted with starts in the starting eleven before this point.

Probably the wrong game to play him in given how little of the ball we had with the benefit of hindsight but it’s the only chance to play him realistically so what else can you do.

Get him out on loan after the FA Cup 3rd/4th round in Jan me thinks.

26 minutes ago, Smal said:

Difficult for him but he is good with the ball. 10/10 passes completed and only lost possession twice.

Would have had no issues with him staying on second half.

Thought he looked shockingly composed.

Not at all surprised his numbers were so good.

Think this guy is going to be very very good.

He’ll never have to work as hard defensively against any other team. It wasn’t his fault, it was just one way traffic.

Did his job and we didn’t concede.

You can point to Bruno coming on but Gordon for Hall was the bigger upgrade.

3 hours ago, Disco said:

Probably the wrong game to play him in given how little of the ball we had with the benefit of hindsight but it’s the only chance to play him realistically so what else can you do.

Get him out on loan after the FA Cup 3rd/4th round in Jan me thinks.

Not really. The experience gained by playing against the best team in the world is invaluable for his age. We even got the win. Couldn’t ask for more

8 minutes ago, Zero said:

Not really. The experience gained by playing against the best team in the world is invaluable for his age. We even got the win. Couldn’t ask for more

I don't think anyone in their right mind would disagree that they are the best team in the world, but we should also concede they played a weakened/rotated squad. That said, their second 11 is better than some EPL teams starting 11.

He very much looked like a 17 year old central midfielder coming up against Man City and a midfield of Phillips and Kovatic.

Not really a whole lot to learn, but its a great bit of experience for him that will aid in his development.