Lewis Miley

Ronson333

6 hours ago, TBG said:

Proper Nando's Citreon Saxo VTR tattoo that like. 

Don't see enough of those sort of motors about anymore. Miss the max power days

16 hours ago, Beth said:

Dashed any hopes he had of playing for the mackems then. But seriously, isn't his family 50/50 nufc/safc?

Absolutely not, all hardcore Newcastle fans now wash your mouth out with soap and water 🤣

33 minutes ago, jack j said:

Is one of his brothers not at the mackem academy? Mebbes that's why he thought they were mixed

Aye the youngest 

Massively disagree with the suggestions he should be loaned out

He's played a lot of football for his age and he's still a kid, think this season with hopefully a more available squad we can be selective with when he plays and how often

18 is still no age and he doesn't need to be playing 3000+ minutes, anything around the 1000 minute mark would be valuable

16 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Massively disagree with the suggestions he should be loaned out

He's played a lot of football for his age and he's still a kid, think this season with hopefully a more available squad we can be selective with when he plays and how often

18 is still no age and he doesn't need to be playing 3000+ minutes, anything around the 1000 minute mark would be valuable

I thought the same thing tbh, seems far too good already to not be an asset in our squad. Especially considering the sort of has-beens from the championship who will still probably be hanging around.

Obviously it's seems daft that we might want to loan him out given the injury crisis we've been through this year.

However, the other argument is that almost certainly won't get much game time next season, therefore a good loan would give him more valuable experience.

I've said before, if Burnley got relegated, he'd be perfect in Kompanys Championship side.

At the very minimum it would have to be a title pushing championship side, but I think someone like Ipswich would be tempted by him. He's already shown that he's capable at this level. 

Always against the idea of loaning the promising youngster.

He is 18, I believe at this moment he needs better technical coaching than gametime.

Even if we send him to a technical modern coach like we did with Minteh, there's no guarantee that he would get replaced by a hoofball manager.

Many players are not even sure about their perfect position at that age.

Also, return of our main core would be beneficial to him, as he wouldn't need to starts week after week, a strain which burns out many players before their 30s and neither we have mancity or Chelsea like prolific youth system at this moment that he would have to fight with others for last 15/20 minutes of cameo.

On 01/05/2024 at 18:03, Beth said:

Dashed any hopes he had of playing for the mackems then. But seriously, isn't his family 50/50 nufc/safc?

Him, his brothers, and both his parents' families are all diehard Newcastle fans, home and away, and always have been, even through the (mainly) bad times.

He genuinely is "one of our own".

20 hours ago, HalloNUFC said:

Always against the idea of loaning the promising youngster.

He is 18, I believe at this moment he needs better technical coaching than gametime.

Even if we send him to a technical modern coach like we did with Minteh, there's no guarantee that he would get replaced by a hoofball manager.

Many players are not even sure about their perfect position at that age.

Also, return of our main core would be beneficial to him, as he wouldn't need to starts week after week, a strain which burns out many players before their 30s and neither we have mancity or Chelsea like prolific youth system at this moment that he would have to fight with others for last 15/20 minutes of cameo.

The bolded is something I've thought the past year or so, too. It feels different to when loaning a youngster out meant keeping them from the clasps of being Bruced/Pardewed/EveryoneInBetweened (not you Rafa love you x). But I expect us to be a much more professional outfit now that a player could benefit from being bedded in to even if it means they're not getting as many minutes. Granted, if a player would prefer minutes lower down the pyramid then look to accommodate that.

I know it's a bit different because he's bloody outrageous, but I look at the clamouring for Foden to get more minutes for Man City when he broke through but Pep continued to bed him in for a couple of years and now look at him. Obviously that's not the route for everyone but just an obvious example of how not every youngster needs to be farmed out if a club knows what they're doing.