Match Atmosphere

Wandy

Singing Section at SJP - Poll  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a large singing/standing section at St James' Park?

• Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder and I would want to be a part of it
    • Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder but wouldn't want to be part of it, but I would move to a seat somewhere else if the singing section was to be where I currently sit....as long as I was happy with the new seat.
    • No. The atmosphere is fine as it is.
    • No. The atmosphere needs to improve but this isn't the answer.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want one in the singing section.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want a season ticket in a non-singing section. But a singing section needs to happen to let people who want to sing be together

5 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

Never heard these. Exactly the sort of stuff @NUFC91is going on about. We can learn and sing this if there’s a group of us all and it will come back to mainstream In the ground imo

In the one I mentioned it was usually one person starting of by shouting "al give you an N". The crowd would simply shout "N.N". Would go through the whole spelling of Newcastle letter by letter doing the same. After we'd done the "E,E" we'd sing 1234, listen to the geordies roar - Newcastle!...Newcastle!. The Newcastle bit at the end was in the same style as when the mackems sing Sunderland at the end of that "Wise men say" shite.

Maybe controversial, but for me any Sunderland song is a loss. I don't think there's anything better, or anything that winds them up more than us not even acknowledging their existence. If we can do that for real, even better, because as Keegan used to say we should be above that.

1 hour ago, Scoreboard82 said:

In the one I mentioned it was usually one person starting of by shouting "al give you an N". The crowd would simply shout "N.N". Would go through the whole spelling of Newcastle letter by letter doing the same. After we'd done the "E,E" we'd sing 1234, listen to the geordies roar - Newcastle!...Newcastle!. The Newcastle bit at the end was in the same style as when the mackems sing Sunderland at the end of that "Wise men say" shite.

That sounds class

2 hours ago, Superior Acuña said:

Btw in terms of noise, if not songbook, I do think our away fans are one of, if not the, best still. Shit over anyone that comes to our place.

This was great. Shame the longer version wasn’t kept up on YouTube as this version doesn’t quite do it justice.

But I think this was arguably our best performance of modern times.

2 hours ago, Rafalove said:

This was great. Shame the longer version wasn’t kept up on YouTube as this version doesn’t quite do it justice.

But I think this was arguably our best performance of modern times.

I was there and it was very good but I’d say West Brom away in the FA cup just before the Covid lockdown was better 

6 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Maybe controversial, but for me any Sunderland song is a loss. I don't think there's anything better, or anything that winds them up more than us not even acknowledging their existence. If we can do that for real, even better, because as Keegan used to say we should be above that.

Would give a pass to Any O'Brien just because it's funny (however inappropriate for a team fielding no O'Briens) but in general, absolutely agree :thup:

13 hours ago, Doc said:

Aye, the Scoreboard looked canny but obviously not as good as "THE CORNER".:indi:

Aye... great times.:mick:

Aways preferred the Scoreboard when I started going with my school mates in the late 80s until we got season tickets in the seats in '91. Think the corner was a bit too wild for me!

12 hours ago, Superior Acuña said:

Btw in terms of noise, if not songbook, I do think our away fans are one of, if not the, best still. Shit over anyone that comes to our place.

Agree with that. Man Utd are decent (when they're winning), Leeds are OK (although never that loud up here) and that's about it. I was in the next block along from the Liverpool fans at SJP the other week and they were terrible considering they had the game wrapped up early in.

1 hour ago, Wallsendmag said:

Aways preferred the Scoreboard when I started going with my school mates in the late 80s until we got season tickets in the seats in '91. Think the corner was a bit too wild for me!

Made the nearly fatal mistake of standing behind a crush barrier in the “corner” as a 13 year old. The equaliser against Chelsea nearly caused me being crushed death.  Stood in front of the barriers after that!

1 hour ago, TheGuv said:

Anyone else get the safe standing working group email from the club?

Nah whats it say? The communication is shite seems they can't even get an email to everyone

4 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

Identical story. Used to be in the scoreboard segment but near the front, me and my mate always thought one day we'd evolve to be in the corner.

As it happened because of over-crowding we ended up in the Paddock instead and I then sat in the East Stand for years from Leicester in 91/92 (first home win, so it started as a superstition)

Just read about Derby fans complaining about atmopshere at their place being accused of sexism as women on their phones seemed to be a major gripe.

I hadn't even factored in phone things when suggesting this is a generational thing. Still convinced it is. Its never going to be like it was anywhere, excepting the exceptions of clubs riding their highest wave in generations like Forest.

Edited by Jonas