Match Atmosphere

Wandy

Singing Section at SJP - Poll  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a large singing/standing section at St James' Park?

• Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder and I would want to be a part of it
    • Yes. I'm an existing season ticket holder but wouldn't want to be part of it, but I would move to a seat somewhere else if the singing section was to be where I currently sit....as long as I was happy with the new seat.
    • No. The atmosphere is fine as it is.
    • No. The atmosphere needs to improve but this isn't the answer.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want one in the singing section.
    • Yes. I'm just a member at the moment but would want a season ticket in a non-singing section. But a singing section needs to happen to let people who want to sing be together

1 minute ago, Wandy said:

In games gone by it's been "we were nervous" and now for this one its "we were in shock". Quite impressive how people are coming up with excuses for bang average support. [emoji38]

Think it's just best that everyone accepts that there are issues with our support that need addressing instead of making silly excuses. Being 5-0 up and SJP being flat is a new low.

If the issue isn't addressed our home atmosphere is well on the way to being like Man City's. And we haven't even won owt yet.

Said it before and will say it again. The fact that we have, for some reason, lost our songbook is making SJP go like a library far too often. That safe standing section can't come quick enough.

It’s laughable what excuses folk come out with about the atmosphere, I’d argue it’s already as bad if not worse than the Etihad.

It’s a ground full of spectators who just want entertained now, there’s no fan/lads culture left in the stands. 

As for the DJ someone just sack the embarrassing wanker.

1 minute ago, Whitley mag said:

It’s laughable what excuses folk come out with about the atmosphere, I’d argue it’s already as bad if not worse than the Etihad.

It’s a ground full of spectators who just want entertained now, there’s no fan/lads culture left in the stands. 

As for the DJ someone just sack the embarrassing wanker.

It's beyond a joke with the DJ now mind. I am actually surprised that Sky haven't had a word with the club because it's now affecting their coverage. At the end there, the players and interviewer couldn't hear each other because of the blaring music behind them. 

The home crowd are bang average and generic as fuck. The only way to start fixing it is to recognise the problem and address it, instead of making up bullshit excuses.

Just now, Abacus said:

Too many folk who just kept their seats despite Ashley now, instead of the ones who actually cared and left.

As someone who kept their seat, completely agree. 

Were plenty who just didn't seemed remotely arsed around me, and in fact seemed very miserable despite a five goal lead. 

Just now, TheDimpleboy said:

As someone who kept their seat, completely agree. 

Were plenty who just didn't seemed remotely arsed around me, and in fact seemed very miserable despite a five goal lead. 

Nah, the match was over as a contest after 8 mins.  It's very hard to motivate anything after that.

I got talking to someone recently who goes to matches. Barely ever been to games before this season and goes "cos it's something to do". Nothing wrong with that of course, but it's clear that SJP has a hell of a lot of these types of people now.

1 minute ago, El Prontonise said:

Nah, the match was over as a contest after 8 mins.  It's very hard to motivate anything after that.

Hard to motivate yourself to sing songs when you are winning convincingly? Is that a serious comment? Is that an extra excuse to add to the list?

3 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Hard to motivate yourself to sing songs when you are winning convincingly? Is that a serious comment? Is that an extra excuse to add to the list?

You're such a miserable twat.

People also go to watch a football match and a contest, that today wasn't one. 

Edited by El Prontonise

I'd love a reshuffle...get two areas in each corner. Too many fans in wrong areas, to big of a family enclosure etc...has not been seat moves in years.

Also you realise our fan age is so old.

1 minute ago, El Prontonise said:

Your such a miserable twat.

Thought they went to "sing your hearts out for the lads"

Edited by Slim

There’s just a lack of what I’d call genuine football lads in the ground. We’ve hammered these cunts who tried to block our takeover and you’d just expect the ground to be rubbing it in and give Levy some stick etc. There’s no banter or anything, it’s utterly abysmal and the place is morgue like at times.

Just now, El Prontonise said:

You're such a miserable twat.

Nah, I just know what a proper atmosphere looks like. You clearly don't.

Your second comment confirms exactly what is wrong with our support. "I will only make a contribution to the atmosphere under certain circumstances".

Just now, Wandy said:

Nah, I just know what a proper atmosphere looks like. You clearly don't.

Your second comment confirms exactly what is wrong with our support. "I will only make a contribution to the atmosphere under certain circumstances".

You have no fucking clue.

1 minute ago, Whitley mag said:

There’s just a lack of what I’d call genuine football lads in the ground. We’ve hammered these cunts who tried to block our takeover and you’d just expect the ground to be rubbing it in and give Levy some stick etc. There’s no banter or anything, it’s utterly abysmal and the place is morgue like at times.

Aye agreed with this, annoying as it's so easy to sort by just adding 6k standing behind onw goal and get others in that stand who are more game. Trouble is the this is my seat since 1996 crew will twist

Not commenting on the home support one way or another but today was a very odd experience. The first 20 minutes were like an out of body experience - about as good as you could ever ask for. The job is done and there’s 70 minutes left. 

I was still anxious and had no idea why. 

I'm sorry like, but if your not alarmed at a lack of home atmosphere when the team have just magnificently dismantled their main CL-qualifying rivals then I don't what else I can say.