October / November 2023 NO Meet

BlazeT44

5 hours ago, Rocker said:

Yes.

Just me.

Yes.

Yes-  One room.

Scran - Yes

Weekend activities- Might only have the one day free, so happy to do activities on that day!

Can't attend 11th-19th of October as I'm in Jamaica.

New idea, we all stay in Rockers room in Jamaica.

21 minutes ago, Deuce said:

Gotta get ol’ @SEMTEX up for this. I’ll pick him up on my way to the airport.

I actually have a save the date for a wedding on 14th October. In England. So could probably do that weekend or maybe the weekend before/after. If I can sell the concept of me going away for 9 days to the missus. Oh and it’s on her birthday. 

Sorry, but I'm going to be a kill joy here (not that I want to be one as I'd love to attend one way or another) but whoever is trying to organise this 'event' then you need to take into account the 'TV football' packages - this years link below - before 'finalising' on any booking etc.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/2647056

As there is no point in getting the fixture list in the middle of June or whenever it is - only to book some hotel / events for a Saturday / Sunday - only to find the match has then been moved to a Monday night.

Then the shitter is that as you have then waited for the TV dates, all of the hotels in the area will then know, and thus they then increase their prices accordingly (BASTARDS THE LOT OF THEM).

I know it's not relevant, but the British GP is on the 9th July - a local Premier Inn prices from that week go something like M - 100, T - 110, W- 120, TH - 150, Fri - 170, Sat's booked out, Sunday - £39 -

LIKE WHAT THE FUCK - it's still the same room. How can it then be over £100 less.

3 minutes ago, South-Cheshire-Toon said:

Sorry, but I'm going to be a kill joy here (not that I want to be one as I'd love to attend one way or another) but whoever is trying to organise this 'event' then you need to take into account the 'TV football' packages - this years link below - before 'finalising' on any booking etc.

As there is no point in getting the fixture list in the middle of June or whenever it is - only to book some hotel / events for a Saturday / Sunday - only to find the match has then been moved to a Monday night.

Then the shitter is that as you have then waited for the TV dates, all of the hotels in the area will then know, and thus they then increase their prices accordingly (BASTARDS THE LOT OF THEM).

I know it's not relevant, but the British GP is on the 9th July - a local Premier Inn prices from that week go something like M - 100, T - 110, W- 120, TH - 150, Fri - 170, Sat's booked out, Sunday - £39 -

LIKE WHAT THE FUCK - it's still the same room. How can it then be over £100 less.

gtfo-the-office.gif

Interested: Yes

People: 2

Ticket: Yes

Hotel: Yes

Weekend Food: Yes/Maybe (depending on if we are a 2)

Weekend Activities: Yes/Maybe (depending on if we are a 2)

Dates you cannot attend: Weekdays (say if we get offered a Carabao game), 7/8th Oct, 14th/15th Oct, 25th Nov.

4 hours ago, Newintoon said:

People: 1

Hotel: No

Weekend Food: Yes

Weekend Activities: Yes

13 minutes ago, South-Cheshire-Toon said:

Thanks mate. I've already checked and got about 200 hotels in the Newcastle area on a spreadsheet. I'll reach out to each of them and agree some flexibility, so we're not stung. 

The link is really useful. A mid November game will be confirmed mid September? 

That gives our lads 6 weeks to book their flights...

20 minutes ago, South-Cheshire-Toon said:

We could also arrange for a Friday-Tuesday hotel stay... 4 night trip for people, which would cover a Monday night game.

1 hour ago, BlazeT44 said:

Thanks mate. I've already checked and got about 200 hotels in the Newcastle area on a spreadsheet. I'll reach out to each of them and agree some flexibility, so we're not stung. 

The link is really useful. A mid November game will be confirmed mid September? 

That gives our lads 6 weeks to book their flights...

Have to laugh - what if no one had said 'Yeah - i'm up for this', that seems a lot of work done for no reason - LOL - luckily you have some takers for the idea.

2 hours ago, South-Cheshire-Toon said:

Have to laugh - what if no one had said 'Yeah - i'm up for this', that seems a lot of work done for no reason - LOL - luckily you have some takers for the idea.

Sunday was such a success and everyone got along well and had a great time. There was always going to be interest in another meet up and especially if a match is included. 

2 hours ago, South-Cheshire-Toon said:

What an odd thing to come out with. Fucking LOL.

2 minutes ago, Rocker said:

What an odd thing to come out with. Fucking LOL.

I thought it was a bit arsey. I’m sure everyone is tremendously appreciative of the Work Blaze has put in. I know I am

Amazing. Coming over for sure. Been too long.

People: 1

Ticket: If "Yes" as in need, then yes. 

Hotel: Yes, 1

Dates you cannot attend: -

16 hours ago, 54 said:

Please comment back with...

1 room mate? PM me if preferred.

Edited by BlazeT44

14 hours ago, Espio said:

Hotel: Yes - 1 Room, separate beds

Weekend Food: Yes/No

Weekend Activities: Yes/No

Dates you cannot attend: Should be OK

So the food and activities are a maybe? Haha

7 hours ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Interested: Yes

People: 1 most likely, 2 possible

Ticket: Yes

Weekend Food: Yes

Weekend Activities: Yes

Dates you cannot attend: 1st, 28-29th

1 or 2 rooms mate? Can PM me if you want

5 hours ago, AJ9 said:

Weekend Food: Yes/Maybe (depending on if we are a 2)

Weekend Activities: Yes/Maybe (depending on if we are a 2)

Dates you cannot attend: Weekdays (say if we get offered a Carabao game), 7/8th Oct, 14th/15th Oct, 25th Nov.

Same Q for hotel mate. Again PM if preferred 

If everyone could PM me their full name and location or nationality that would be great 

Can you also confirm your willingness for me to send the club a letter with your full name and location / nationality on the bottom. 

I want them to see that this thing is going to bring people from all over the world together.

Thanks all