Scott McTominay

Jack27

Nolan was really only a second striker and a very useful one. As a midfielder he was dire and is probably only not mentioned among some of our worst because we also had Smith, Geremi, Faye and Butt around that time.

Edited by Kid Icarus

4 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Nolan scored most of them playing as a second striker.

He was basically a shite midfielder, though.

McTom is scoring most of his goals ghosting into the box when teams are on their knees in the last 20 minutes(see Brentford)

As a midfielder, McTomminnay is a hider, doesn’t have the touch to clear the ball out of his feet and pick a pass. 

you know what, the more I think about it, Nolan and McTomminay are good comparisons but Nolan got a lot more out of his body that I think Mctom has the ability to do. 

Lets be serious, he's far less of a 'hider' than Nolan was. Don't even know why I'm arguing this because I'm not Mcsauce's biggest fan but he's played lots of games for a team competing at CL level.

Nolan wasn't even much of a central midfielder in the Championship, but it was worth carrying him because he scored like a striker down there.

21 minutes ago, Astroblack said:

Disrespectful to compare Nolan and McTomminnay. Nolan’s football IQ was on another level. 

He spent his career at Bolton, then us (in a rotten 2 1/2 year period) then West Ham and Leyton Orient. That isn’t the career of someone with an outstanding football IQ. He was a fine goalscorer with 2 strikers in front of him to free up a few yards of space but he was a bloody awful midfielder. 

Just now, ponsaelius said:

Lets be serious, he's far less of a 'hider' than Nolan was. Don't even know why I'm arguing this because I'm not Mcsauce's biggest fan but he's played lots of games for a team competing at CL level.

Nolan wasn't even much of a central midfielder in the Championship, but it was worth carrying him because he scored like a striker down there.

100%.

6 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

He spent his career at Bolton, then us (in a rotten 2 1/2 year period) then West Ham and Leyton Orient. That isn’t the career of someone with an outstanding football IQ. He was a fine goalscorer with 2 strikers in front of him to free up a few yards of space but he was a bloody awful midfielder. 

No matter who he played for, he scored 69 Premier League goals with body made of shit. He couldn’t have done that with no sense of football intelligence. 

Edited by Astroblack

Just now, Astroblack said:

No matter who he played for, he scored 69 Premier League goals with body made of shit. He couldn’t have done with no sense of football intelligence. 

There’s zero to suggest his intelligence is ‘on another level’ to McTom who has already had a significantly better career. 

Just now, Ronaldo said:

There’s zero to suggest his intelligence is ‘on another level’ to McTom who has already had a significantly better career. 

McTom, a squad player who should have left years ago. At least Nolan’s goals meant something. Keeping Bolton and West Ham in the Premier League. Helping us to promotion and then scoring a fair few to keep us in the division. I know what career I’d rather have. 

1 minute ago, Astroblack said:

McTom, a squad player who should have left years ago. At least Nolan’s goals meant something. Keeping Bolton and West Ham in the Premier League. Helping us to promotion and then scoring a fair few to keep us in the division. I know what career I’d rather have. 

Each to their own but have a word. [emoji38]