Brentford 1-2 Newcastle United (08/04/2023)

Mike

That's a ludicrous decision considering some of the ones we've seen not given.

Even Bee Slag on the commentary didn't seem to think it was gonna lead to anything.

Just now, LionOfGosforth said:

Maybe i'm just a bit thick...but can anyone explain to me why Joelinton's goal was an OG? I mean wasn't it just an attempted save that goes through his legs?

Looked to me like it was off target until it rebounded off of Raya's legs.

Maybe i'm just a bit thick...but can anyone explain to me why Joelinton's goal was an OG? I mean wasn't it just an attempted save that goes through his legs?

It wasn't going in until the keeper hit it, which is the basic rule.

Just now, Shak said:

That's a ludicrous decision considering some of the ones we've seen not given.

Even Bee Slag on the commentary didn't seem to think it was gonna lead to anything.

? bee slag - I like that

1 minute ago, LionOfGosforth said:

It was going away from goal (slight pull back) and he's not Rashford / Kane.

Just now, Shak said:

It wasn't going in until the keeper hit it, which is the basic rule.

I haven't seen an angle yet where it definitively wasn't going in, it looked like it could have been going towards the back post but maybe I need to see a different angle. Or get some new glasses.

1 minute ago, Lush Vlad said:

I never want to see Joelinton on the left again. I thought he went from being totally ineffective and one of our worst performers. To our best outfield player by a mile, once switched to CM. 

Aye, he's a beast in the middle of the field.

Really hope we see a midfield three of Bruno, Joelinton and Willock soon enough.

Longstaff has put in a cracking shift the last few months and I'll always be happy enough to see him in the team as he's extremely reliable but the other three are a step above him IMO.

2 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

I haven't seen an angle yet where it definitively wasn't going in, it looked like it could have been going towards the back post but maybe I need to see a different angle. Or get some new glasses.

He's clearly trying to square it to Wilson.

3 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Please stop talking in past tense!! This is my first chance to see it, I’m two and a half bottles of red wine down and trying to fool myself into thinking I’m watching it for the first time. I think we can still win this..

1 minute ago, Gawalls said:

Please stop talking in past tense!! This is my first chance to see it, I’m two and a half bottles of red wine down and trying to fool myself into thinking I’m watching it for the first time. I think we can still win this..

Are you with Rod?

Infamous on here for some wine-fuelled and fun-filled discussions on here...maybe it's just me that noticed :lol:

? I guess I am then - I have been known to ramble when pissed but still - this commentator, she is fucking annoying 

Just now, jack j said:

Wilson knew straight away there like ha

Yeah - tricky one that, his hand was by his side but it was from one of our players so I don’t know if it was a hand ball or not. Can’t decide

12 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Everything seems to be coming from tripps, what a game he must have had

There were a few crosses early in the second half where it felt he was using the wrong golf club

He's still absolutely brilliant mind