Brentford 1-2 Newcastle United (08/04/2023)

Mike

His sky interview was quite bitter I thought saying we were very fortunate in the first half even though they got two penalties. Then basically saying there 63 million pound player was the only thing that won us the game. Sour bugger. 

6 minutes ago, Menace said:

Subs completely changed the game, credit to Howe. What a result.

Hopefully get something at Villa too.

Interestingly as far as I can remember this is only the second time Wilson and isak (when Wilson wasn’t off form anyway) have been on the pitch together with the other being Fulham and both times one got an assist for the other to score.

a budding partnership perhaps? There was the SAS with Sutton and shearer so perhaps we now have the WI with Wilson and Isak?

6 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Interestingly as far as I can remember this is only the second time Wilson and isak (when Wilson wasn’t off form anyway) have been on the pitch together with the other being Fulham and both times one got an assist for the other to score.

a budding partnership perhaps? There was the SAS with Sutton and shearer so perhaps we now have the WI with Wilson and Isak?

Wilson & Isak for Newcastle = WIN

8 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Too early and too good form at the moment with 5 wins in the spin but these two lining up like this whenever they’re given the chance may just eventually give Howe something to think about.

Very good subs from beheaddie at half time. Changed the game as they had the better of us in midfield first half. Once they had two forwards to deal with their press went to shit.

Away atmosphere was superb for most of the game. Liked Brentford's stadium a lot - one of the few new builds I've taken a shine to.

56 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

IThere was the SAS with Sutton and shearer so perhaps we now have the WI with Wilson and Isak?

Obviously missing something, as all I can think of is Womens' Institute that my 98 year old aunt still walks to each week. Not that there's anything wrong with that, howay the lasses!

1 minute ago, Menace said:

Random question but with Sky having highlights 2-3 hours after a game, do people still watch MOTD? Haven't watched in years personally.

I still do if we win, which meant for a lot of brucie era i didn't much (actually think i got numb to our shit after a while and started watching again anyway). I do like watching all the other games etc etc, and feels like a nice celebratory tradition. 

Edited by Tiresias

8 minutes ago, Teslact said:

Obviously missing something, as all I can think of is Womens' Institute that my 98 year old aunt still walks to each week. Not that there's anything wrong with that, howay the lasses!

That’s exactly what I was ripping it from 😊

14 minutes ago, Menace said:

Random question but with Sky having highlights 2-3 hours after a game, do people still watch MOTD? Haven't watched in years personally.

You can also find all the goals on YouTube immediately. That's why I'm thinking of scrapping my licence fee because MOTD is the only thing I watch and sometimes I don't even watch that