Champions League 2023/2024: Group F (Newcastle, Milan, Dortmund, PSG)

Marko NUFC

3 minutes ago, SteV said:

Do we know the time?

Starts at 5pm UK, so probably 5.55pm 

Edit, presumably will start at 5pm with 15 mins build up. I'm off next week so was hoping for as much build up as possible, and I'd watch every second [emoji38]

Edited by Paullow

Just now, Tsunami said:

Really good goal that. Looked off mind.

Pleased on the whole that they’re giving more questionable calls to the attacking team but it does seem massively arbitrary why some are given and others aren’t 

Hope we get Bayern, Porto and Zagreb. Got a bed for me in Munich, really fancy Porto, having done Lisbon about 2 weeks before lockdown I've got a bit of a hard on for Portuguese wine. Zagreb would be nice, not that I'd go as I'd be at the other two.

110 points be enough to get me in the conversation for tickets?

Just now, Dr.Spaceman said:

Hope we get Bayern, Porto and Zagreb. Got a bed for me in Munich, really fancy Porto, having done Lisbon about 2 weeks before lockdown I've got a bit of a hard on for Portuguese wine. Zagreb would be nice, not that I'd go as I'd be at the other two.

110 points be enough to get me in the conversation for tickets?

Absolutely no chance we can get that draw.

Rakow miss a great chance to equalise. I'm mainly watching Rangers, but it is great just being able to easily switch between a few matches.

I would have been almost 8 when we last played Antwerp. Those were some of my earliest memories of football, but they'd also be in Pot 4 should they come through, so extremely unlikely we'd play them this season, unless in the Europa League.

I can still remember the Antwerp fans singing “we shall not be moved” for absolutely ages at the return leg of the game in 94 when they’d have been however many goals down. First experience of non British football. 

2 minutes ago, Disco said:

I can still remember the Antwerp fans singing “we shall not be moved” for absolutely ages at the return leg of the game in 94 when they’d have been however many goals down. First experience of non British football. 

The Mexican waves will live in the memory for me.  They were great crack 

14 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Celtic, Leipzig and Feyernoord for me in the group stages. It’s all about qualifying for the next stage and going as far as we can.

Celtic are like 99.99% likely to join us in Pot 4, but yeah, if we're mainly looking to progress as opposed to having massively anticipated encounters then Feyenoord (definitely) and Leipzig are among the best choices in Pots 1 and 2, then Red Star and Copenhagen and Young Boys in Pot 3, should the latter two win their playoff.

I wouldn't mind one biggish Pot 2 name because it will be more memorable, you always remember the wins over Barca and Juve and 10,000+ going to Inter, but if we got a relatively weak group then there could be a chance we actually qualify with a match or two to spare (which sounds mad) and possibly rest players later on, and less distance will also be beneficial when combining PL fixtures.

I was originally hoping for 2 of Real/Barca/PSG types and then a weak Pot 3 side, and a potential crack at the more winnable Europa League should we just come up short and finish 3rd, as would be expected from a group like that, but I'm definitely leaning more towards hoping for a much more straightforward group now.

Like others, I'm really looking forward to the draw.

Edited by Paullow

Feyenoord would be a fantastic draw regardless of whether or not they're the weakest team in pot 1. Massive club with a great kit and stadium plus there'd just be something poetic about it. 

My ideal pot would be three big hitters, but one thing I’m really hoping for is that we pull out three teams we’ve never played competitively before.  There’s quite a few teams we’ve drawn twice before in Europe (Inter, Barca, Feyenoord - Kiev got knocked out unqualifying course).  We’ve played Porto, Benfica, Antwerp, Rangers before.  I wouldn’t be complaining about any of them being in our group, but I like seeing NUFC tick off new European clubs.