Champions League 2023/2024: Group F (Newcastle, Milan, Dortmund, PSG)

Marko NUFC

Just to flag for anyone who is fortunate enough to be able to swing it via work, it looks like the Champions League packages of 3 games via corporate hospitality is already live for sale. Logged on with my season ticket account earlier so don't know if that is only available to members, account holders or season ticket holders. 

Expensive obviously, cheapest is Park Grille at roughly £270 quid a ticket per match, 3 course meal included, booze extra. And obviously a 3 game commitment, and that's without knowing the fixture dates. 

Surely would have made sense to keep at least some of the hospitality areas open for single game packages - I get that they need to sell tables of a certain amount (i.e. 4) per game given the set-up, but by doing them in three game packages you're basically cutting out a market which might splash out for a single game for a birthday, or some of our overseas fans who might be prepared to pay that to go to one game given the likely opposition. It isn't as if they need to sell them in a package to maximise income - they're will all likely sell. Unless they're worried about "Game 3" being meaningless at that point....

4 hours ago, SteV said:

Yep, they have to go away and discuss various complications, so exact fixture details will take another day or two.

I know the exact dates need to be worked out (mainly due to the various national tv companies) but do you (or anyone else) know if the match-weeks for each fixture will be confirmed then?

Considering booking a couple of flights as early Tuesday out- early Thursday return which would cover either night and hopefully get in before demand and prices skyrocket.

15 minutes ago, geordiesteve710 said:

I know the exact dates need to be worked out (mainly due to the various national tv companies) but do you (or anyone else) know if the match-weeks for each fixture will be confirmed then?

Considering booking a couple of flights as early Tuesday out- early Thursday return which would cover either night and hopefully get in before demand and prices skyrocket.

From watching the video that @Yorkie posted earlier (https://youtu.be/SvOAwM4Z_B0?si=fGs9yhLZKRUGI5CP), if you listen to the explanation at about 22 mins in, my interpretation would be yes, but not sure I’d be certain enough to book flights?

What does everyone else think?

Braga, Young Boys, and Galatasaray through tonight, so by my reckoning:

Braga join Milan, Lazio, Red Star, Shakhtar, Salzburg, and either PSV/Rangers in Pot 3

Galatasaray join Sociedad, Newcastle, Union Berlin, Celtic, Lens, and either AEK/Antwerp in Pot 4.

If Copenhagen beat Rakow tomorrow they go into Pot 3 and Young Boys go into Pot 4, but if Rakow win, Rakow go into Pot 4 and Young Boys go into Pot 3.

6 minutes ago, Disco said:

Praying the first match is on a Tuesday so the Brentford game gets moved from the Sunday. 

Why our international players will get one day off if we play on Sunday. 

Assuming Howe doesn't function without Miggy we will be in big trouble.

4 minutes ago, Strawberry said:

Why our international players will get one day off if we play on Sunday. 

Assuming Howe doesn't function without Miggy we will be in big trouble.

Can’t see that making much difference plus (and to me a lot more importantly) I’m getting hitched on the Sunday and given I’ve spent a fair portion of my time on this forum inferring Thomas Frank is a degenerate pervert I don’t envisage that’ll end well for me or the club (plus I’d like to watch the game)

5 hours ago, Disco said:

Can’t see that making much difference plus (and to me a lot more importantly) I’m getting hitched on the Sunday and given I’ve spent a fair portion of my time on this forum inferring Thomas Frank is a degenerate pervert I don’t envisage that’ll end well for me or the club (plus I’d like to watch the game)

Fair Congrats

This seemingly new trend of calling the club Crvena zvezda instead of “Red Star Belgrade” feels very “tHe nAmE iS Czechia noT cZeCH rEpBuLiC.” Sure, it’s the proper name. No, I will not be calling it that.

21 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I can't get my head around the appeal of doing a draw simulator like :lol:

Thankfully a thing of the distant past but there used to be a trend on here when football games started to get more realistic but were less ubiquitous (mid 2000s maybe) for several people to post before big games that they'd simulated the upcoming game on FIFA or PES and we'd won 2-0 against Arsenal (Shearer 47, Solano 86). 

Yeah cheers for that, fascinating. Used to do my head in.

I enjoy the sims; gives you an idea of the possibilities. Plus it's fun to pretend. 

Thursday really can't get here soon enough. Very grateful for the old Worthington draw tonight to tide me over.