Champions League 2023/2024: Group F (Newcastle, Milan, Dortmund, PSG)

Marko NUFC

39 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Apologies if asked already…

Will we know our fixtures home & away tomorrow or just our group opponents?

Seems just opponents. May possibly know the the weeks we play each team but not the dates (not sure about that.

Would think everything will be sorted by Monday at the latest.

1 minute ago, Wallsendmag said:

Copenhagen are dross. Swap them with Red Star Belgrade and I'd say that's the easiest group.

Yes, would be easier than PSG, Real Madrid and AC Milan.......

Edited by Beth

By the time the Pot 4 teams start to be drawn we'll know which group(s) we're going to be in.

The groups are split into 2 really, A, B, C and D one one side and E, F, G and H on the other. Man City & Man Utd can't be on the same side, so we won't be on the same side as Arsenal. Those 3 clubs will all be drawn before us so that'd leave an absolute maximum of 3 groups we could go into by the time they start drawing the Pot 4 clubs. That'll narrow down the later on we're drawn.

On top of that, when there's 4 teams from the same league in the CL, only 2 can be on the same side of the groups for TV reasons. When there's 2 teams from the same league in the CL, they will be on separate sides to each other. So Italian, German and Spanish teams (Sevilla being EL winners skews this slightly but it still applies) plus the Dutch, French and Portuguese teams may also limit the options we have by the time our name comes out. So there probably will only be an option of 2 groups or even just a solitary group for us to go into. So we'll likely know where we're going well before our name is drawn out.

If that all makes sense. :lol:

Edited by HaydnNUFC

1 minute ago, Disco said:

Still half of the idea it’d be good to drop in to the Europa League and win it in Dublin. 

Think I'd rather stick pins in me baals than have to play Liverpool in either a final in Dublin or in a 2 legged European tie.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Think I'd rather stick pins in me baals then have to play Liverpool in either a final in Dublin or in a 2 legged European tie.

Haha, absolutely fair comment and one I completely agree with. I’d forgotten they’ll be strong favourites, at least until the CL teams drop in, if they take it seriously.

4 minutes ago, Disco said:

Haha, absolutely fair comment and one I completely agree with. I’d forgotten they’ll be strong favourites, at least until the CL teams drop in, if they take it seriously.

Totally get the sentiment, like. Bloody love Dublin to the point of where I'd travel over without a ticket tbh if we got there and we're more likely to get to the final of the EL than the final of CL. But if Liverpool are arsed about it the EL is theirs imo (especially as top 4 for them is not wholly a given, the EL is another path into the CL for them) and I want to avoid playing them where possible atm. 

As long as we don't get a nightmarish group tomorrow of PSG or Bayern and Real Madrid I think we'll get to the QFs. European football into April, be bloody chuffed with that.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

Genuinely shuddering at the thought of getting griefed by some part time kopite from (checks notes) Kildare wearing a Liverpool half and half Celtic shirt after Allison scores a last minute winner.

2 minutes ago, Disco said:

Genuinely shuddering at the thought of getting griefed by some part time kopite from (checks notes) Kildare wearing a Liverpool half and half Celtic shirt after Allison scores a last minute winner.

H2qCdPY.gif

Come on, man. Sunday was bad enough.

14 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Do all Third place teams go into Europa?

Yeah, you go into a 2 legged knockout round against teams who come second in their Europa League group.

See Man Utd v Barcelona last season for example. Win that and you’re into last 16.

2 minutes ago, Disco said:

Yeah, you go into a 2 legged knockout round against teams who come second in their Europa League group.

See Man Utd v Barcelona last season for example. Win that and you’re into last 16.

That’s actually pretty sweet. 

9 minutes ago, Kanji said:

That’s actually pretty sweet. 

Yup, I don’t agree from a point of competition organisation as a whole but we should absolutely be in Europe come February regardless of who we draw IMO. 

Cannot wait.