Yankuba Minteh: joins Brighton & Hove Albion on a permanent deal (Official)

1 minute ago, OverThere said:

Not Barnes fault in any way but he was a luxury signing. Gordon barely ever is injured.

I'm not blaming Barnes, I'd be looking at Tonali, talk about luxury signings? Guys not played, Imagine if he gambles again? Could easily happen with addiction.  

Perhaps we could have pursued other midfield targets at 65m

1 minute ago, mighty__mag said:

I'm not blaming Barnes, I'd be looking at Tonali, talk about luxury signings? Guys not played, Imagine if he gambles again? Could easily happen with addiction.  

Perhaps we could have pursued other midfield targets at 65m

What world are we in here? :lol:

13 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

I recognize Im probably in this category as well. But I just dont see the evil in saying yea, this was the right move in our current predicament, but that doesn't mean it was prudent management from the get-go

Agreed. As we stand this is the best scenario.  But this should’ve been managed better from get-go. 

19 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I think people at the club are fine with selling him for PSR reasons, because footballing wise he was more likely to go out again on loan next season.

Brighton's strategy is not to challenge for a top four position and Champions League place, and does not see them sign players like Isak and Tonali.

He might well be a promising teenager, but at this point of the clubs progression, it is more important to continue to build the first team with more experience and ready to play first team contributors, as we are still short there.

And so if that means letting a promising teenager go for now, until we get further along in our restructure, then that's just what it is going to have to be for now.

You didn’t answer my question. Do you think the club are buying selling hi for footballing reasons? 

Obviously the club are fine with selling him for PSR reasons- that is what they are doing. It’s better than the alternatives. If we had to sell Gordon or take a points deduction the club would also be  fine with that. That doesn’t make it an optimal decision.  

3 minutes ago, OverThere said:

The real one. Thus far, Tonali has been a disaster of a signing.

What an absolutely brilliant contribution, because until you said that I'd had him pencilled in for the ballon dor this year.

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I get you, but obvs it looked a great signing until he turned out to be banned.

Yeah and the cheeky fucker knew he was coming here with baggage, we might have avoided such problems if there was honesty from the player and his representatives.

I do believe he may have taken a pay cut so fair play, but addiction is a horrible thing, and nobody can guarantee he won't repeat. We just have to hope it works out. With all this psr bullshit, you really need to get your business spot on though.

I mean we nearly fell foul with Paqueta also had those rumours been true. 

You'd like to think there's better people involved in the profile checking when signing players.

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Agreed. As we stand this is the best scenario.  But this should’ve been managed better from get-go. 

You didn’t answer my question. Do you think the club are buying selling hi for footballing reasons? 

Obviously the club are fine with selling him for PSR reasons- that is what they are doing. It’s better than the alternatives. If we had to sell Gordon or take a points deduction the club would also be  fine with that. That doesn’t make it an optimal decision.  

I did answer your question.

Whether we like it or not PSR is a part of football currently.

You can't just separate it out for your convenience as it has implications for how we are able to progress on the pitch going forward.

11 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Ultimately - I believe the tweet and the tweet quoted. 

We are reluctantly selling Minteh. Everything suggests he’s going to be a baller. But if not him we would need to sell a proven baller for us. We’ve done the best we can in a bad situation. 

We’ve left it too close for comfort and could’ve managed it better. 

BTW folks - unless we get a raft of new sponsors or suddenly find buyers for all the squad players. We’ll almost certainly need to sell next season to just comply. We better hope there’s a market for Joe Willock   

Just now, The College Dropout said:

Ultimately - I believe the tweet and the tweet quoted. 

We are reluctantly selling Minteh. Everything suggests he’s going to be a baller. But if not him we would need to sell a proven baller for us. We’ve done the best we can in a bad situation. 

We’ve left it too close for comfort and could’ve managed it better. 

BTW folks - unless we get a raft of new sponsors or suddenly find buyers for all the squad players. We’ll almost certainly need to sell next season to just comply. We better hope there’s a market for Joe Willock   

One of the purples will go next summer imo.

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I did answer your question.

Whether we like it or not PSR is a part of football currently.

You can't just separate it out for your convenience as it has implications for how we are able to progress on the pitch going forward.

No you didn’t.  You spoke about PSR. 

We might need to sell Bruno next summer for PSR reasons. It won’t be because we don’t need him or think we can do better. 

Eddie Howe himself said he didn’t want to sell ASM for football reasons but cos of FFP we needed to sell. Thats easy enough for him, why can’t you say it? 

This back and forth is in bad faith from you. Enjoy your evening.