Yankuba Minteh (on loan at Feyenoord)

He should not be sent out on loan but used as part of the necessary squad rotation. CL experience is more than some of the players we used this year, so why send him out again?

I can see a scenario where he comes back next season and Almiron is sold. We use the money from Almiron to fund other moves which are now more important due to the injuries.

We end up with him, Murphy, Gordon and Barnes for the two wide positions with big and little Joe standing in on the left if needed 

Howe said: "I have been keeping a very close eye on him. That would have been a great day for him despite the sending off. I think he has done really well and attacked the challenge of going alone, new league, new team-mates and has played in the Champions League. I think he has done really well this year and he can be proud of his efforts.

"I have tended not to communicate, I think you are better of letting the players focus and not give them too many distractions. Let's wait and see what happens in his next step."

Minteh has been asked about his future in Dutch football magazine Voetbal International, and said: “Ultimately, the Premier League is my goal. Newcastle United is the club that have a lot of confidence in me. I have no idea what the future looks like.

"I was in Newcastle once, when they played against Borussia Dortmund. I will hear soon what plans the club has for me. I’m still young, I have time, maybe they want to loan me out again.

“I don’t know yet, I’ll hear about it. I’ll let everything happen to me. I know only that one day I will play in the Premier League (for Newcastle United)."

Chronicle.

this lad should have a season around the club like the young bunch- Miley etc. 25 games and 9 goals at age 19 in the Eredivisie is a pretty good achievement 

• 2 weeks later...