Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

The speculating and theories on here is really cringe man. 

I posted yesterday about resentment i hold against him for missing a crucial season in our club’s history and it being magnified by our awful injury crisis and fatigue; which is an opinion I’ve been holding back as I just don’t ever want to be someone who’s adding additional stress on to someone who’s dealing with mental and internal demons whilst already being down not doing what he’s been born to do and play football. 

however this fucking oddball narrative that he’s never wanted to be here and he’s gonna fuck off back to Milan and he’s fucked us on purpose and he’s tone deaf and all that is just really weird childish shit. Give over. 

He's irrelevant to the team right now, and we don't even know if he'll be back for 24-25 until the FA investigation concludes. (Does a pathological gambler stop gambling once he changes locations?) Micro-assessing his every move seems a silly waste of time.

On a separate note, and not oft-mentioned: Surely our player insurance from Sandro's ban will beef up our transfer budget this January? Not sure how all that works but that would be nice.

2 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

He's irrelevant to the team right now, and we don't even know if he'll be back for 24-25 until the FA investigation concludes. (Does a pathological gambler stop gambling once he changes locations?) Micro-assessing his every move seems a silly waste of time.

On a separate note, and not oft-mentioned: Surely our player insurance from Sandro's ban will beef up our transfer budget this January? Not sure how all that works but that would be nice.

Wonder if any insurance would cover his ban ?

1 hour ago, Beth said:

No idea, but it's absolutely scandalous if we still have to pay him his full wage whilst he is.

Why do you give a fuck, seriously? Even if you're a season ticket holder who pumps hundreds into the club shop every year, we're wayyyyy beyond that being the lion's share of the club's revenue anymore. It's not your money. If we're paying him full wage then fine, I don't give a fuck personally. 

3 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

Why do you give a fuck, seriously? Even if you're a season ticket holder who pumps hundreds into the club shop every year, we're wayyyyy beyond that being the lion's share of the club's revenue anymore. It's not your money. If we're paying him full wage then fine, I don't give a fuck personally. 

Yes, the money is irrelevant as it's pocket change to the owners, but the principle of it is anything but.

To put it into context, if you were working for a supermarket and because of a mistake on your part you were unable to come to work for 10 months, would you expect them to still pay you? And of course there is also a slight difference between £500 a week and £120,000 a week.

4 minutes ago, Beth said:

Yes, the money is irrelevant as it's pocket change to the owners, but the principle of it is anything but.

To put it into context, if you were working for a supermarket and because of a mistake on your part you were unable to come to work for 10 months, would you expect them to still pay you? And of course there is also a slight difference between £500 a week and £120,000 a week.

So the principle of it makes you boil with rage? 

Footballers aren't supermarket workers, they're coveted assets whether you or I like it or not. We've paid £50m+ for Tonali, it's doubtful it's even legal to stop paying him depending on what is in his contract. But it doesn't seem the cleverest move to explore that, when he's probably at a very low ebb anyway because of what's happened. 

The best way to throw that £50m away and lose a potentially very valuable player is to cut him loose and antagonise him by not paying him. The way the club are playing it is the best way - keep him in training and support him as he settles and tries not to let the ban derail his career. The sooner we stop trying to compare top level footballers to bloody supermarket workers the better. 

2 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

So the principle of it makes you boil with rage? 

Footballers aren't supermarket workers, they're coveted assets whether you or I like it or not. We've paid £50m+ for Tonali, it's doubtful it's even legal to stop paying him depending on what is in his contract. But it doesn't seem the cleverest move to explore that, when he's probably at a very low ebb anyway because of what's happened. 

The best way to throw that £50m away and lose a potentially very valuable player is to cut him loose and antagonise him by not paying him. The way the club are playing it is the best way - keep him in training and support him as he settles and tries not to let the ban derail his career. The sooner we stop trying to compare top level footballers to bloody supermarket workers the better. 

Yes, because supermarket workers are not worth a squirt of piss compared to footballers.

Just now, Beth said:

Yes, because supermarket workers are not worth a squirt of piss compared to footballers.

As human beings, we're all the same but this is just a completely different kettle of fish and you must know that. The 2 situations bare absolutely no relation to each other. 

2 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

As human beings, we're all the same but this is just a completely different kettle of fish and you must know that. The 2 situations bare absolutely no relation to each other. 

Ok. Let's leave it at that and see where we are with Tonali in 18 months time.

36 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

Beth is a soldier and she deserves his wages.

The fact Tonali isn't in ankle chains and breaking rocks down Wellington Quay since he was banned is exactly why this country is going to the dogs imo. 

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

15 minutes ago, Beth said:

All human beings are worth the same respect. However supermarket workers are treat badly because their bosses, rightfully or wrongly, deem they can easily be replaced by someone equally as competent with very little effort and almost zero additional cost.

Whether you like it or not, the same is unlikely to be true of Sandro Tonali.

You can debate the moral rights and wrongs of that disparity all you like, and I'll likely agree with you on much of it. But it's still true.

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Remember folks - these are anonymous comments on a Newcastle forum populated by a few hundred people at most.  The idea that any stress or pressure is being applied to Tonali through comments on here is daft at best - no-one other than us is reading them. 

I'd be astonished if at least some of the Newcastle players didn't occasionally read this forum. Ridiculous to think they wouldn't.

46 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

The irritation would be minimal if FFP didn’t exist.  I wouldn’t give a solitary shite if our owners made a bad signing and they paid the price.  Unfortunately FFP offers little wriggle room for signings like Tonali to sign on in bad faith. 

Just now, Chris_R said:

I'd be astonished if at least some of the Newcastle players didn't occasionally read this forum. Ridiculous to think they wouldn't.

The reverse is true for me.  Why would they?  I didn’t know it existed for years and I’m an actual NUFC supporter.  I can’t picture Sandro surfing these pages

It hadn't occurred to me Tonali might read any of our comments, it just annoys me seeing resentment towards him building when we go through a bad run of form. It happened, it's been and gone - the club are doing all they can to try to ensure the signing is still a success and I hope he is. If he gets flak in the ground next year while finding his feet I'll be well pissed off.