Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

5 hours ago, Nucasol said:

Bingo. Huge gamble for us that’s looking slightly on the risky side at the moment. We’ll give him the whole 24/25 season I reckon but someone like Juve will pick him up after that to break us about FFP even but massively burned having lost £25m in fees and nearly the same in wages.

That's an oddly specific future scenario, but granted it's not beyond the realms of possibility. Or he could use this season to acclimatise behind closed doors, get the feel for the game in practise sessions, and come back fully pumped to prove himself and have a stormer next season. He did look quite a handy player in patches.

1 hour ago, Interpolic said:

Why do you give a fuck, seriously? Even if you're a season ticket holder who pumps hundreds into the club shop every year, we're wayyyyy beyond that being the lion's share of the club's revenue anymore. It's not your money. If we're paying him full wage then fine, I don't give a fuck personally. 

Bizarre aggression for a pretty straightforward perspective mate - why does a Newcastle fan care whether ownership pays out to a player who won't be playing a minute for us in the new year, after eating up a sizable portion of our limited funds?

Surely that's self-evident and doesn't need spelling out? FFP means every pound we pay out cuts into what we can spend on new talent.

5 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

Bizarre aggression for a pretty straightforward perspective mate - why does a Newcastle fan care whether ownership pays out to a player who won't be playing a minute for us in the new year, after eating up a sizable portion of our limited funds?

Surely that's self-evident and doesn't need spelling out? FFP means every pound we pay out cuts into what we can spend on new talent.

It's not bizarre aggression - it's because I'm sick of reading this viewpoint that we shouldn't be paying him already. It's rarely reasoned as anything to do with finances, instead it's labelled as a disgrace morally and for some reason the player is compared to the man in the street. 

Are you another that thinks we shouldn't be paying him? So say we get the lawyers in, take the player to court for his salary. How do you see it playing out from there? In what world is the signing then going to be a success? The club are playing it the right way, which is putting it down to bad luck and getting on with it. 

31 minutes ago, Menace said:

This feels like your pal going to prison and you're counting down the days till he's out.

8 months left.

Only 5 months plus a two game ban at the start of next season. 

46 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

It's not bizarre aggression - it's because I'm sick of reading this viewpoint that we shouldn't be paying him already. It's rarely reasoned as anything to do with finances, instead it's labelled as a disgrace morally and for some reason the player is compared to the man in the street. 

Are you another that thinks we shouldn't be paying him? So say we get the lawyers in, take the player to court for his salary. How do you see it playing out from there? In what world is the signing then going to be a success? The club are playing it the right way, which is putting it down to bad luck and getting on with it. 

It's mental. Instead of being disappointed an extremely promising Italy U21 international who would change the way we play completely, providing real quality is sidelined (his own fault, yes), people seem more interested in being furious at him and hoping we aren't paying him much. I get the disappointment, I'm disappointed. And it's left us short, and we're suffering because of it. All of that. But fuck me, people are just pissing in their own cornflakes and continuously badgering on that there's piss in their cornflakes. 

1 hour ago, Interpolic said:

The club don’t have a choice tbf. 

There isn’t an option not to pay the lad - I don’t understand why people are choosing that hill to die on.  Hey, we could sack him - but that hurts us, not him.

1 hour ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

It's mental. Instead of being disappointed an extremely promising Italy U21 international who would change the way we play completely, providing real quality is sidelined (his own fault, yes), people seem more interested in being furious at him and hoping we aren't paying him much. I get the disappointment, I'm disappointed. And it's left us short, and we're suffering because of it. All of that. But fuck me, people are just pissing in their own cornflakes and continuously badgering on that there's piss in their cornflakes. 

to be clear my resentment towards him is more disappointment in him being involved in that nonsense/the situation that we don’t get to have him in this crucial season etc.

What the club do or do not do from a wage cutting or disciplinary standpoint is their decision. Urging to cut wages from the fans imho back to the weirdo comments I was referencing that needs to stop. 

Edited by Kanji

2 minutes ago, Myleftboot said:

When he comes back into the team next season I’m definitely booing him every game for 90 minutes.

Either you're a season ticket holder with 300 away points or you've got snide TV and your sofa's gonna be a fun place to be next year. 

5 minutes ago, Myleftboot said:

When he comes back into the team next season I’m definitely booing him every game for 90 minutes.

Need some sort of klaxon that goes off, letting everyone in the ground know it’s time to give him dog’s abuse

2 minutes ago, RS said:

You have got to admire the love this man has for his home club. Makes them £60 million. Holidays for a year on £80k a week then rejoins them for £30 mill. Beautiful scamming. 

I like the abstract, you got a link to the full fanfic?

11 hours ago, Interpolic said:

It's amazing how 3 weeks ago this wasn't even a thing too, few bad games and the gammons need a sacrifice 

4 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Jesus H, we have to keep him happy so he comes back the best he can be. I’m sure he’s absolutely gutted about it in private. 

He owes us - not the other way round.  I expect him to be doing extra hours training rather than taking a jolly to Dubai whilst our team implodes. It doesn't exactly set the best example to the rest of the team.

Edited by duo

Certainly one way of looking at it, but it's not really about that. It's about looking after him so he forms a bond with the club and comes back as well as possible. 

I'm not saying we should be praising him, of course we can make clear that he's made a mistake. But beyond that I don't see any point in making things any more uncomfortable than they need to be. 

It’s a fan forum, it’s an emotional dumping ground. It’s a place where folks can be reasonable but they might also just use it to vent and wildly extrapolate to either unlikely optimistic or pessimistic scenarios.

Surely no one believes someone posts on here in a fit of rage or unadulterated glee and then actively seeks the player in the real world to impress upon the full force of their feelings?

We can’t support the players from a forum but we can support each other from time to time and if someone is extremely annoyed at Tonali and the way it’s played out I doubt it’s beyond any of us to understand why.