Sandro Tonali: confirmed as being available for selection from 28.08

The Prophet

13 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Weird as fuck his agent saying that yesterday only for this to come out within hours. 

Anything with the Italian legal system and press is going to be a garbled mess.

I can't see the punishment for gambling on games he's playing in being equivalent to a bad injury. How long was Krafth out for? Even Willock has missed about 6 months and he just did his hamstring.

So annoying if true and he gets a year ban. I’d be tempted to sack him tbh (obviously won’t happen considering the money we paid). I hope we at least don’t pay his wages whilst he is unavailable. 

Edited by SUPERTOON

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

So annoying if true and he gets a year ban. I’d be tempted to sack him tbh or I hope we at least don’t pay his wages whilst he is unavailable. 

I remember Staveley saying how we cannot afford to get a big signing wrong. Shame that this one looks to have gone wrong through no fault of anyone at NUFC.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

So annoying if true and he gets a year ban. I’d be tempted to sack him tbh or I hope we at least don’t pay his wages whilst he is unavailable. 

You’d be tempted to write off £55m just because you’re annoyed with him?

If true then he's an idiot. Should be banned if so. Also, even if we've "lost" 60m i think there should be some sort of "ok in this case allthe money wont count towards FFP" kind of leeway". I mean it's not his currents club's fault and it happened before we signed him by the sounds of it. I know the FFP thing is a pipe dream, but you get the picture.

1 minute ago, Ikon said:

If true then he's an idiot. Should be banned if so. Also, even if we've "lost" 60m i think there should be some sort of "ok in this case allthe money wont count towards FFP" kind of leeway". I mean it's not his currents club's fault and it happened before we signed him by the sounds of it. I know the FFP thing is a pipe dream, but you get the picture.

:) that won’t happen 

Pretty concerning that up until yesterday all the words from his camp were that he hadn’t bet on football. Be interesting to see how the club handles it but a year out would be a disaster for us but an even bigger disaster for him. He would massively need to repay us with performances in the future. Hard to imagine how he’d be able to repay “the debt” to us, especially if he doesn’t do everything possible during a ban to get himself physically and mentally in the right place 

2 minutes ago, SteV said:

You’d be tempted to write off £55m just because you’re annoyed with him?

No, it’s two separate things, I’m annoyed over what would be his fault at costing us 50 odd million by stupidly betting on his own side. No excuse for that imo. 

I still find it hard to comment - and wouldn’t allow the Italian press to make my mind up.

If he’s bet on his own team’s games, he’s a fucking idiot, and will be lucky to escape with a one year ban.  The guilty in the Totonero scandal got much longer (they were done as the betting also involved match fixing, but a day ago apparently he was just playing blackjack).

Also whoever in the scouting team who did the character assessment has dropped a massive bollock if this proves true. 

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I still find it hard to comment - and wouldn’t allow the Italian press to make my mind up.

If he’s bet on his own team’s games, he’s a fucking idiot, and will be lucky to escape with a one year ban.  The guilty in the Totonero scandal got much longer (they were done as the betting also involved match fixing, but a day ago apparently he was just playing blackjack).

Also whoever in the scouting team who did the character assessment has dropped a massive bollock if this proves true. 

Are they meant to be scanning his mobile devices like?

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

How would anyone at the club be expected to know about this before we signed him though ?

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Are they meant to be scanning his mobile devices like?

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

How would anyone at the club be expected to know about this before we signed him though ?

It is possible to find out if a player is partial to a bet without hacking their phone

Edited by TheBrownBottle

3 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Don’t agree with the last point. 

Unless it was an open secret how were they to know?

Charaxter assessments will look at things like how he integrates with team mates and management. Approach to training.  Lifestyle habits off the field that can be seen.  

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

How ? It sounds like his own family didn’t even know.

Just now, SteV said:

How?

If Brian Clough and Peter Taylor could figure this out in the 1970s I’m sure it’s not beyond the wit of man to work it out today.  Usually other players, coaches, club employees etc. 

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

If Brian Clough and Peter Taylor could figure this out in the 1970s I’m sure it’s not beyond the wit of man to work it out today.  Usually other players, coaches, club employees etc. 

Don’t think you could download a dodgy black market app to get your bets on in the 70’s like…