Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

Me and wor lass were having a beer last Sunday doon at the Old George and seen the Tonali Moretti logo painted on the wall and noticed similar Tonali logos painted elsewhere too or just merchandise and she was saying that Sandro must find it absolutely like, weird, but in a good way, that he's receiving so much affection without having really played.

I played it down saying it's largely cause it's trendy - new expensive player, from AC Milan, Italian, has a good song etc. And she was saying like players don't get that in Italy, they only have a song when they do well or when they're good, not just as a kind of, prerequisite.

Her Dad was saying the same when he was over, when we went to 1-1 with Milan, and then 2-1 he was totally shocked to see the crowd really like try and rally behind them instead of kicking off. He said "In Italy, no" basically :lol: .

I really hope that as hard as this debacle has probably been for him, he comes back knowing what a good chance he's been given here. To some degree, he has fucked our season by this betting malarkey, not just him, obviously, but it hasn't helped. So here's to hoping his English is coming along and he's destroying those training sessions. If him and Bruno click with Joelinton, Willock, Longstaff or any really energetic other then we could have a midfield to be reckoned with.

8 minutes ago, Heron said:

Me and wor lass were having a beer last Sunday doon at the Old George and seen the Tonali Moretti logo painted on the wall and noticed similar Tonali logos painted elsewhere too or just merchandise and she was saying that Sandro must find it absolutely like, weird, but in a good way, that he's receiving so much affection without having really played.

I played it down saying it's largely cause it's trendy - new expensive player, from AC Milan, Italian, has a good song etc. And she was saying like players don't get that in Italy, they only have a song when they do well or when they're good, not just as a kind of, prerequisite.

Her Dad was saying the same when he was over, when we went to 1-1 with Milan, and then 2-1 he was totally shocked to see the crowd really like try and rally behind them instead of kicking off. He said "In Italy, no" basically :lol: .

I really hope that as hard as this debacle has probably been for him, he comes back knowing what a good chance he's been given here. To some degree, he has fucked our season by this betting malarkey, not just him, obviously, but it hasn't helped. So here's to hoping his English is coming along and he's destroying those training sessions. If him and Bruno click with Joelinton, Willock, Longstaff or any really energetic other then we could have a midfield to be reckoned with.

Your lass Italian, Heron? You old dog.

2 minutes ago, Pixelphish said:

Your lass Italian, Heron? You old dog.

You'd never think it like. I was probably the least likely lad to end up with an Italian lass oot of my mates at school :lol:

27 minutes ago, Pixelphish said:

These pair are gunna be a problem next year. With suitable upgrades in other positions even more so. Can't wait tbh.

As long as we don’t sell Bruno that is. :lol: 

6 hours ago, Heron said:

Me and wor lass were having a beer last Sunday doon at the Old George and seen the Tonali Moretti logo painted on the wall and noticed similar Tonali logos painted elsewhere too.

Pretty sure they're all done by James from here. 

7 hours ago, duo said:

Feels like guesswork on the FA stuff, I think the club would fight tooth and nail if they tried to ban him further. 

On 24/02/2024 at 10:53, duo said:

On 24/02/2024 at 11:12, Joelinton7 said:

A further ban is only going to be detrimental to his career development and his own mental health. It’s just pointless, 10 months is enough. 

If he’s placed bets after joining Newcastle, then he hasn’t done his time.  It’s a separate offence - one for which he’d be banned again.  Hard to sympathise; it would be his own fault entirely. 

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

If he’s placed bets after joining Newcastle, then he hasn’t done his time.  It’s a separate offence - one for which he’d be banned again.  Hard to sympathise; it would be his own fault entirely. 

Clearly he will have done though, it would just be contained within the span of these ten months.

There's no justification whatsoever for giving him another ban to commence as soon as this one is finished. The punishment he's facing now should effectively discharge any other penalty.

Just now, Yorkie said:

Clearly he will have done though, it would just be contained within the span of these ten months.

There's no justification whatsoever for giving him another ban to commence as soon as this one is finished. The punishment he's facing now should effectively discharge any other penalty.

His charges were brought by the Italian FA for offences in Italy.  It wouldn’t be ‘time served’.  If he’s continued to be an idiot in England I’ve zero sympathy for the lad - but plenty for the club. 

I honestly don't know how anyone could see an additional ban as anything other than draconian, overzealous and unnecessary. If the PL saw fit to give him say a five month ban (a la Toney), but commencing at the conclusion of his current one, then it is in effect a 15 month ban, which would be frankly obscene. 

10 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

I have far more sympathy for a human being than a football club like. :lol: 

I can feel sorry for his employers and the fans - ie the club - more than the individual who caused said problem in the first place

"Continuing to be an idiot"

If he's a gambling addict he would have done, as it's an addiction. You cannot just stop, man :lol:

He needs (and will likely have gotten) serious help, but until he (hopefully) hit a point of being 'cured' he'll have been sticking bets on.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

Just now, Hanshithispantz said:

"Continuing to be an idiot"

If he's a gambling addict he would have done, as it's an addiction. You cannot just stop, man :lol:

He needs (and will likely have gotten) serious help, but until he (hopefully) hit a point of being cured he'll have been sticking bets on.

Yep, if he’s a gambling addict that would be the case.  We don’t know that he is - not everyone who gambles irresponsibly is immediately an addict. 

2 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Yep, if he’s a gambling addict that would be the case.  We don’t know that he is - not everyone who gambles irresponsibly is immediately an addict. 

They aren't but we have no real choice but to treat him as one do we? Unless the FA find texts of him admitting he's making it up or something then why should they treat him like he's a cunt?

Just now, Hanshithispantz said:

They aren't but we have no real choice but to treat him as one do we? Unless they find texts of him admitting he's making it up then why should they treat him like he's a cunt?

The club can support and treat him as an addict - that makes perfect sense to me - but the FA are the ones who dish out the punishments.

Addiction of any stripe is terrible and can wreck lives, but being addicted doesn’t offer immunity from punishment.

He's being punished though. It's not like he's gotten away with a slap on the wrist.

Additional punishment would show them to be embarrassingly ignorant of addiction, there's very little chance he would have stopped betting, it's completely trivial.

4 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

He's being punished though. It's not like he's gotten away with a slap on the wrist.

Additional punishment would show them to be embarrassingly ignorant of addiction, there's very little chance he would have stopped betting, it's completely trivial.

I agree to an extent - and it really depends on what (if anything) he’s bet on after he moved to England.

If he’s just been betting on football generally then I reckon it would be harsh to extend it any further.  If he’s bet on Newcastle’s games then I think punishment will be coming.  

13 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I agree to an extent - and it really depends on what (if anything) he’s bet on after he moved to England.

If he’s just been betting on football generally then I reckon it would be harsh to extend it any further.  If he’s bet on Newcastle’s games then I think punishment will be coming.  

He can't possibly be that stupid, right?

15 minutes ago, McDog said:

He can't possibly be that stupid, right?

It's not like the Italian FA would give him a heads up that they are investigating him, or have I missed something? If he's completely oblivious that there's an ongoing case, why would he stop doing what he's doing?

If the English FA punishes him 10 months or less, which ends up extending his current ban, his ban from the Italian FA should not have been valid for club football in the UK, only Italian club football and international duty.

Edited by Conjo

Just now, Conjo said:

It's not like the Italian FA would give him a heads up that they are investigating him, or have I missed something? If he's completely oblivious that there's an ongoing case, why would he stop doing what he's doing?

If the English FA punishes him 10 months or less, which ends up extending his current ban, his ban from the Italian FA should not have been valid for club football in the UK, only Italian club football and international duty.

I see what you are saying. If he bet after the ban was handed down I get it. If it was before, he already got it rammed up the arse is my thought.