Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

I agree that he’s unlikely not in the same class as Isak. Isak is still massively underrated in my view. I think Tonali and Bruno are probably going to be very similar standard but having both means that if one has an off game it doesn’t have anywhere near as big an impact on us 

Hand up, I hadn't really heard of him before the link. 

Based on my limited, subsequent, knowledge of him I believe he's going to fucking run this league. I've no idea about tactics and formations but him and Bruno are an exciting prospect. Does a 433 still graft with these 2 and one other from the Joes/Longstaff? 

Or will it be a inverted, diamond, double privet, swivel eyed bastard type smorgasbord? 

Can't wait. 

17 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Hand up, I hadn't really heard of him before the link. 

Based on my limited, subsequent, knowledge of him I believe he's going to fucking run this league. I've no idea about tactics and formations but him and Bruno are an exciting prospect. Does a 433 still graft with these 2 and one other from the Joes/Longstaff? 

Or will it be a inverted, diamond, double privet, swivel eyed bastard type smorgasbord? 

Can't wait. 

I'd heard of him because he was my best ever signing on FIFA, becomes the best CM in the world, people bouncing off him, scoring rockets for fun, running games. 

These games are pretty realistic now so hopefully that will happen :lol:

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I'd heard of him because he was my best ever signing on FIFA, becomes the best CM in the world, people bouncing off him, scoring rockets for fun, running games. 

These games are pretty realistic now so hopefully that will happen :lol:

What happened to ASM?

Tonali is quite quick. I’ve felt he was before but when you see him with our players you truly get some context. His speed of thought is huge. He doesn’t dally, it’s decisive and often one touch football. 

4 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

His first touch looks superb, in a game where he must've been a little nervous as well. 

He might be a little nervous the first time he steps out at SJP in a PL game, but on the whole he doesn't strike me as someone like that. I think that was a factor in our interest -- if we're walking out at the Bernabeu in a few months or another final at Wembley I'm not sure he's going to give a shit (in a good way).

Tonali's going to be quality for us. You can see what he'll bring in that short spell against Rangers and bearing in mind he's only just starting to integrate and hasn't had much team blending, never mind bonding.

16 hours ago, Kanji said:

Tonali is quite quick. I’ve felt he was before but when you see him with our players you truly get some context. His speed of thought is huge. He doesn’t dally, it’s decisive and often one touch football. 

Yeah, that's what struck me on Tuesday. He shifts the ball quickly.

His forward runs are also difficult to track because he has good pace, so he's not going to be limited to the more defensive role, which is what I had assumed at first.

5 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Bruno’s probably learned Italian already

Maybe he can teach him to smile in return.

Is that David Moyes looking in through the window, by the way?

42 minutes ago, Cronky said:

Yeah, that's what struck me on Tuesday. He shifts the ball quickly.

His forward runs are also difficult to track because he has good pace, so he's not going to be limited to the more defensive role, which is what I had assumed at first.

I read somewhere, maybe the athletic way back when we had just signed him that that’s exactly what will happen - him and Bruno will be interchangeable and will even do that throughout the game with one dropping deep and the other going further forward.