Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

23 minutes ago, jigen said:

I am Italian and follow him every week. 

Tonali played for Milan 3 years. 

The first season: very bad. Second: great. Third: average. 

He is a good player. But not a top talent. He is not in the league of Bruno and Isak. For me you have overpaid: the fair price is 40-45m euro. 

We sign players based on their style and how we feel they fit into our team not simply on name recognition. We likely have a clear plan of how to used him and play to his strengths.

He’s got all the tools to do what we need of him and our coach has a track record of improving players, Bruno was already very good but is now a better player than the one we signed. 

We would always have to pay a premium to get a hometown kid from a side like Milan. 

He’ll be just fine. 

10 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

We sign players based on their style and how we feel they fit into our team not simply on name recognition. We likely have a clear plan of how to used him and play to his strengths.

He’s got all the tools to do what we need of him and our coach has a track record of improving players, Bruno was already very good but is now a better player than the one we signed. 

We would always have to pay a premium to get a hometown kid from a side like Milan. 

He’ll be just fine. 

Tonali is a good player. And with Tonali in place of Longstaff you have a better midfield. This is clear. But is Tonali worth 70m? No. Because he has not the ceiling of Bruno or Isak. 

For me you could buy better and cheaper. Manu Kone or Kephrem Thuram for example. 

Edited by jigen

11 minutes ago, jigen said:

Tonali is a good player. And with Tonali in place of Longstaff you have a better midfield. This is clear. But is Tonali worth 70m? No. Because he has not the ceiling of Bruno or Isak. 

For me you could buy better and cheaper. Manu Kone or Kephrem Thuram for example. 

Would definitely rather have Tonali than either of those two. And it's not particularly close.

Should probably put this in the mark my words thread, but he'll be a better player than Declan Rice.

The fact he was our number 1 target and we payed ~£50m for him is enough to be excited, same for Barnes.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

1 minute ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Should probably put this in the mark my words thread, but he'll be a better player than Declan Rice.

The fact he was our number 1 target and we payed ~£50m for him is enough to be excited, same for Barnes.

Aye wouldn’t bet against it either. 

Rice is quality but if Arteta is planning on playing both Odengaard and Havertz ahead of him he will have a shit load of work to do. 

I didn't get to see the game, but in the highlights those first-time flicks and pinged passes reminded me very much of Merino by the time he was coming to the end of his time year. 

I knew Tonali was good on the ball, but not like this. What a coup.

3 hours ago, jigen said:

He is a good player. But not a top talent. He is not in the league of Bruno and Isak. For me you have overpaid: the fair price is 40-45m euro. 

@Milanista is gonna kick your face off.

On 17/07/2023 at 13:54, ponsaelius said:

Preach brother! 

I'm sitting outside having Italian coffee and lunch in probably the ropiest bit of the town right now, with one of the roughest pubs opposite. It's changing all the time. Personally I love that it's not too gentrified (yet). 

(this is the cafe btw - definitely worth a visit if you haven't been in yet)

Will give it a look, my sister was up visiting a month or two ago and she said that she’d spoken to someone on South Parade who was doing some building work there and they’d said that all the places on the bar-side of the street had been bought up and there were redevelopment plans. You heard anything about it? Don’t mind the odd bar but the idea of multiple club bars reopening there would be gutting 

3 hours ago, jigen said:

16AE2E23-5F00-45A0-A6A1-EAAA8F373120.gif