NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

2 hours ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Restricting ourselves in the summer by buying now for the benefit of a potential place or two in the league seems daft, especially when we've got several players returning from injury as it is.

Long term all the way.

I have absolutely no idea how FFP works, but remember reading @TheBrownBottle be adamant that any spending this window won't have any impact on the next due to the way the way it's calculated by season. If that's true we might as well spend whatever we can now?

18 minutes ago, Ginola14 said:

think Phillips seems unlikely at this point as surely the club would have looked to agree terms prior to January if they were serious 

There's obviously a deal there to be done but we can't afford the permanent clause of £40m. If City would agree to a loan for the rest of the season it would happen I reckon, but they aren't interested in a loan, and can't really blame them.

20 minutes ago, TRon said:

There's obviously a deal there to be done but we can't afford the permanent clause of £40m. If City would agree to a loan for the rest of the season it would happen I reckon, but they aren't interested in a loan, and can't really blame them.

They would be interested in a loan with obligation. Not a straight loan

27 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

I have absolutely no idea how FFP works, but remember reading @TheBrownBottle be adamant that any spending this window won't have any impact on the next due to the way the way it's calculated by season. If that's true we might as well spend whatever we can now?

It definitely impacts both the current three year period and the next couple years that it would remain part of the relevant accounts.

41 minutes ago, TRon said:

£40m for a 28 year old who has barely kicked a ball in two and a half years is a piss take like, no wonder we've cooled on him.

1 hour ago, Ginola14 said:

think Phillips seems unlikely at this point as surely the club would have looked to agree terms prior to January if they were serious 

Probably worth remembering we only have 2 league games this month (city and villa), so I can't imagine we're going to be desperate to pay over the odds to get anyone in early, as much as it would be preferable to do so. I doubt we'll do much, but if we do, I reckon it'll be late.

4 minutes ago, SEMTEX said:

Probably worth remembering we only have 2 league games this month (city and villa), so I can't imagine we're going to be desperate to pay over the odds to get anyone in early, as much as it would be preferable to do so. I doubt we'll do much, but if we do, I reckon it'll be late.

Phillips wouldnt be eligible til 30 Jan so definitely wont be doing much there you would imagine, end of the window they may accect a straight loan

For the ffp experts, what would happen if we sold £200m of talent this year, didn't spend any of it for 3 years and it falls off the ffp records, then we decide to spend it all? 

Is ffp designed so you can't even save for a rainy day. If you do then you lose it? 

2 minutes ago, Dokko said:

For the ffp experts, what would happen if we sold £200m of talent this year, didn't spend any of it for 3 years and it falls off the ffp records, then we decide to spend it all? 

Is ffp designed so you can't even save for a rainy day. If you do then you lose it? 

Surely the £200 million would remain in the clubs accounts until they decided to spend it, whenever that may be.

6 minutes ago, Dokko said:

It's like the council. Any spare cash needs to be spunked by April 1st otherwise ya budgets cut to accommodate the slack. Use it or lose it ?

Edited by Groundhog63

3 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

Surely the £200 million would remain in the clubs accounts until they decided to spend it, whenever that may be.

My understanding is that it would be lost.

Whole thing is a farce.

1 minute ago, ChrisMcQuillan said:

Whole thing is a farce.

FFP is about losses over a 3 year period, don’t ever remember it including profits………..but agreed it’s a farce and needs to go.

1 minute ago, Joey47 said:

What do people think about Smith-Rowe? I think he’d be a great signing for us and he’s not getting any game time at Arsenal.

He has an even worse injury record than Willock so not the profile I’d be looking for.

8 minutes ago, ChrisMcQuillan said:

Whole thing is a farce.

4 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

FFP is about losses over a 3 year period, don’t ever remember it including profits………..but agreed it’s a farce and needs to go.

Could you then start taking money out of your clubs accounts and cover the losses then?

4 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Could you then start taking money out of your clubs accounts and cover the losses then?

I’m not sure……my accounting abilities are pretty basic, I’m more focused on the legality of FFP, someone with far more experience might be able to give you answer. But if you bring in £200 million in sales and don’t spend it why should it not be included in the clubs financial health after 3 years?

5 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Thanks. Seems to have played LW equally for Leeds as RW. Most of his time in Holland and youth setups has been on the right.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/crysencio-summerville/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/474701/saison//verein/0/liga/0/wettbewerb//trainer_id/0/pos/11

As right footer in a 4-3-3 with inverted forwards you would want him on the left, no?

For RW I've been thinking of a left-footer for the last 18 months. Olise, Raphinha, Neto, Kudus, Palmer.

14 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

What do people think about Smith-Rowe? I think he’d be a great signing for us and he’s not getting any game time at Arsenal.

Arsenal fans seem to think he lacks the athleticism to play Arteta's system. Or at least that's why Arteta doesn't start him.

5 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I think we were pretty confident of Neto in summer, but I get the feeling lack of CL might prevent that.

We can't even afford to shop in netto nevermind neto