NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

If Eddie wants Barkley and sees him as a safe option when injuries hit, save Bruno for 10-15mins a game, or some experience in the ECL, then fair enough. He's had a decent season, and one of the main reasons Luton stood a chance. Tosin, Kelly & Barkley in for Dummett, Ritchie, Hayden & Hendrick is a decent way to upgrade the fringe without serious outlay, and keeping money for 2 or 3 team changing signings.

9 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

Well i would say Joe or Joe would come in alongside them two. Fitness permitting we might have the chance to properly rotate next season. so you can chuck in Anderson, Miley as well as Longstaff.  Lots of option IF they stay fit in numbers.

Joelinton, Bruno and Tolani I see as the starters.

If Bruno goes down, and Tonali goes into the centre, the likelihood is that Longstaff slots in on the right. Just going by what we've typically seen, and with Willocks injury issues.

Would love Willock to stay fit and push ahead of Longstaff, along with Anderson and Miley, but let's see.

2 hours ago, Ronaldo said:

He’s 31 this year, just been relegated and a totally different type of player to Bruno. :lol:

I’m not your nemesis. I think you’re brilliant. You just come out with outrageousness - but I mostly appreciate it these days.

Aw shucks..... :blush:

(Or maybe he's just messing with my mind..... :undecided: )

2 hours ago, KaKa said:

Bruno and Barkley have been playing similar roles for their teams this season, whichever way you want to call it.

I genuinely don't understand how you watch all these games and don't know what you're looking at.

Bruno plays as a no 6. I always thought Barkley played further forward, more in the Longstaff sort of mould...and to be fair the only way I would want to see us sign Barkley is if it meant Longstaff would be on the pitch less. He's definitely an improvement on Sean.

Just on the talk of Barkley, while I think it's unlikely, the only reason I could see us going for it is PSR. All these free transfers might give us more wiggle room for making a couple of actual top quality signings so I guess it's a cheap way to bolster the squad.

Still can't see it mind unless we sell Longstaff.

50 minutes ago, TRon said:

Bruno plays as a no 6. I always thought Barkley played further forward, more in the Longstaff sort of mould...and to be fair the only way I would want to see us sign Barkley is if it meant Longstaff would be on the pitch less. He's definitely an improvement on Sean.

I already posted the breakdown explaining his change of role at Luton this season. You didn't read it.

Also, they've been on TV a good number of times this season, never mind the two times we played them, have you not caught any of these games?

36 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Or not signing a new contract?

Iraola rotates him and Kerkez most games at left back.

If you look at their games since the end of March where he missed a few games through injury he was sub, started, started, sub, started, sub, started, not in squad, started and sub.

For those that watch La Liga more studiously than me - I noticed the Georgian goalie, let’s call him Marma as can I fuck spell his full name, was captain for them today. Struck me as odd - is he their regular skipper or was it a nice gesture pre-expected departure?

Posted (edited)

Mr Wilson thinks we could retain Dummett and Ritchie if we qualify for Europe.

Edit: Howe confirmed this after the game yesterday.

Edited by The Prophet

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

:anguish:

12 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Why ? Literally no benefit to it surely.

14 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Going nowhere fast with decisions like that. Disgraceful. 

26 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

:anguish:

If either of them sign, they're showing no ambition or desire to play football and surely that's not what we want - players happy to just sit on their arses doing fuck all.

Not to mention then fact they're both far too shit to be part of our squad