NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Any deals done this week will be a back scratcher for FFP purposes.

Buying DCL doesn't bother me, but flogging Minteh without any kind of buy back clause would be infuriating, particularly to a Premiet League rival.

10 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Getting DCL and losing Minteh would be a sickener 

I don't mind us going for DCL but if we lose Minteh on the back of it, then that could cost jobs in the future.

I think this is exactly where the Minteh rumours have come from. Everyone knew there wasn’t really a market to sell him for £40m but now that’s been established.

So we buy DCL for an inflated price and sell Minteh for an inflated price. Throw in a buy back and it solves PSR issues for us for the season. Buy back Minteh for 60m if he fires in the prem and if he doesn’t, we’ve lost nothing. Probably a sell on clause too. 

34 minutes ago, gdm said:

fuck right off. I defy anyone on here to tell me that’s good business with a straight face 

Generally when we are linked with someone even if I don’t think personally it’s a good move, I give the club the benefit of the doubt.  This is probably the first time since the takeover I don’t think I can do that. I’m starting to wonder if we lack imagination. A lot (not all) of our targets seem to be English, or Premier league. With the likes of Olise, Neto, and DCL, I wonder if we’re even looking at how injury prone players are.

Gone from apparently wanting Mamardashvilli, Tosin, Kelly and Olise to possibly getting Trafford, Kelly and DCL with a talented youngster potentially leaving. Not the most exciting starts to the window and selling Minteh without even taking a look at him feels like a potentially huge mistake. 

Just now, Vaj said:

Gone from apparently wanting Mamardashvilli, Tosin, Kelly and Olise to possibly getting Trafford, Kelly and DCL with a talented youngster potentially leaving. Not the most exciting starts to the window and selling Minteh without even taking a look at him feels like a potentially huge mistake. 

We've been able to take a look at Minteh as much as we have any other signing.

1 minute ago, madras said:

We've been able to take a look at Minteh as much as we have any other signing.

You know what I mean. Actually trying to integrate him into the team and give him a pre-season. He has all the attributes needed to be successful under a Howe team will feel like such a shame to not even give him a chance 

DCL isn't a bad player, but isn't a top 6 material. And he is overpriced and injury prone. The problem is always the same: Howe knows only PL players and want PL players. A manager never should make the market. 

Signing Trafford, Kelly and Calvert-Lewin would be an underwhelming window for a team in the bottom half, never mind one that was in the Champions League last season.

Just now, Sima said:

Signing Trafford, Kelly and Calvert-Lewin would be an underwhelming window for a team in the bottom half, never mind one that was in the Champions League last season.

I'm pretty sure there will be more to the window than that like.

1 minute ago, Sima said:

You would imagine they are bought to allow us to go big on a RW and CB. No point judging the window until it closes.

It's not particularly exciting business on paper but then the likes of Burn, Gordon and to some extent Pope weren't exactly blood pumpers either so will await the proof of the pudding 

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

You would imagine they are bought to allow us to go big on a RW and CB. No point judging the window until it closes.

Hope you’re right but this recalibrating of targets doesn’t inspire much confidence.

11 minutes ago, Sima said:

Back ups sorted, wait till we go after the 1st teamers.

Pains me to say it, but what was probably needed was for us to lose one of Bruno or Isak to an Arsenal and/or Man City because we had no other option, to really sober up some folks on here. 

7 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Pains me to say it, but what was probably needed was for us to lose one of Bruno or Isak to an Arsenal and/or Man City because we had no other option, to really sober up some folks on here. 

In what sense?

38 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Generally when we are linked with someone even if I don’t think personally it’s a good move, I give the club the benefit of the doubt.  This is probably the first time since the takeover I don’t think I can do that. I’m starting to wonder if we lack imagination. A lot (not all) of our targets seem to be English, or Premier league. With the likes of Olise, Neto, and DCL, I wonder if we’re even looking at how injury prone players are.

You signed Isak, Bruno, Botman... But then Howe started to make the market and he knows only PL players. For the same price of DCL you could sign Zirkzee or Santiago Jimenez... 

Edited by jigen

2 minutes ago, jigen said:

You signed Isak, Bruno, Botman... But then Howe started to make the market and he knows only PL players. For the same price of DCL you could sign Zirkzee or Jimenez... 

Doubt that.

2 minutes ago, jigen said:

You signed Isak, Bruno, Botman... But then Howe started to make the market and he knows only PL players. For the same price of DCL you could sign Zirkzee or Santiago Jimenez... 

Yes, I'm sure Zirkzee and Jimenez would just love to come and sit behind Isak.

11 minutes ago, Vaj said:

You know what I mean. Actually trying to integrate him into the team and give him a pre-season. He has all the attributes needed to be successful under a Howe team will feel like such a shame to not even give him a chance 

I'm guessing they've watched him plenty and have an idea of his ceiling, attributes and worth to them.

5 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

In what sense?

Minteh is clearly the key piece to getting us out of the shit. And this deal with Everton is mutually beneficial in that sense.

With all the complaining about it, maybe it would have been better if we didn't even have the option, and we were then forced to sell one of Isak or Bruno, to really give people something to cry about.