NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

6 hours ago, jack j said:

Left backs dont play left back for the top teams anymore though

Ake Gomez Kiwior etc..Calafiori probably play there next season for Arsenal

It’s only Arsenal and Man City. Liverpool have Robertson, Chelsea Chilwell, Spurs Udogie, Man Utd Shaw, Villa Mattsen. It’s more the norm to play LBs at LB, rather than LCBs. 

Hall brings so much to on the ball, we’ve got to be playing him LB. Team needs evolving. 

I was looking at Twitter last night and some Chelsea fans were saying that Chalobah’s form in the run in was one of the reasons they came 6th.

He is a solid player without being spectacular, he can also cover right back if Trippier is moved on. 

11 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

I was looking at Twitter last night and some Chelsea fans were saying that Chalobah’s form in the run in was one of the reasons they came 6th.

He is a solid player without being spectacular, he can also cover right back if Trippier is moved on. 

Think that’s the reason we’re looking at Thiaw. Guessing he’s first on the list and we’ll move on if the deal doesn’t come off. 

@86_longo

on

@cmdotcom

, situation #Thiaw : #Milan considers him central in the project, but his agent has been working on a transfer to the Premier League since January and there is #Newcastle . The Devil has great respect and consideration for the German defender, but does not retain anyone unwillingly. To convince the Rossoneri club you need a lot of money, in the management's opinion Malick is a defender worth at least 40 million euros.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

@86_longo

on

@cmdotcom

, situation #Thiaw : #Milan considers him central in the project, but his agent has been working on a transfer to the Premier League since January and there is #Newcastle . The Devil has great respect and consideration for the German defender, but does not retain anyone unwillingly. To convince the Rossoneri club you need a lot of money, in the management's opinion Malick is a defender worth at least 40 million euros.

So about £34m rounded up. If we truly are interested in him being a longterm Schar replacement then 40m euros structured as 35 + 5 seems like a good deal.

Just now, Kasper said:

Yes please. Been following him since he's half Finnish and we've long been holding on to some small hope he'd choose the Finnish national team. He's too good now so doesn't seem likely :lol: 

Voi vittu. Hopefully we just push this through quickly and not mess about too much. 

2 minutes ago, Kasper said:

Yes please. Been following him since he's half Finnish and we've long been holding on to some small hope he'd choose the Finnish national team. He's too good now so doesn't seem likely :lol: 

So he's definitely not the finished article 

8 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

@86_longo

on

@cmdotcom

One of the comments on this tweet “for 40million I’ll tattoo Furlani on my back” Furlani is AC’s CEO. Do the fans not rate Thiaw that highly?

1 minute ago, Joey47 said:

One of the comments on this tweet “for 40million I’ll tattoo Furlani on my back” Furlani is AC’s CEO. Do the fans not rate Thiaw that highly?

From what I've seen since we started being linked they seem not to rate him too highly, but Everton fans didn't think much of Gordon when he played for them so I don't put much stock in it.