NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Need to make sure this takeover doesn't turn me into a proper brat but I just can't get excited about a defender like. :lol:

Normally I would be, but it's the tantalising prospect of a RW coming in at some point that has me distracted/excited. Especially with the noises that were around the other week re it likely being what would considered to be a marquee signing. Who the fuck knows if that's changed, but I'm excited. 

1 minute ago, sushimonster85 said:

Normally I would be, but it's the tantalising prospect of a RW coming in at some point that has me distracted/excited. Especially with the noises that were around the other week re it likely being what would considered to be a marquee signing. Who the fuck knows if that's changed, but I'm excited. 

I think like most of our signings, it’ll suddenly drop out of nowhere 

24 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

I'd need to see us linked with a RW or striker to get excited tbh. At the moment we are actually weaker in that department having sold Minteh.

1 minute ago, McCormick said:

Only one of our signings (possibly 2) could be argued “came out of nowhere”. Not sure what people are talking about when they say this.

Tonali, Isak, Wood, Tripps, Bruno? There wasn’t much chat about any of these and then they moved quickly, no?

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Nobody seriously thinks we won’t get a class signing at RW and CB, do they? 

No I think we know who we want and all the negotiations are going on right now. CB and RW are the key positions and closely followed by a forward.

3 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Tonali, Isak, Wood, Tripps, Bruno? There wasn’t much chat about any of these and then they moved quickly, no?

We had a much publicized inquiry for Isak many weeks before we finally had a bid accepted. The Tonali bid was dragged across several weeks, Bruno and Wood I can’t really remember as that January was a bit hectic and we were seemingly in for everyone. Trippier? We were linked to Trippier for a month before him coming in?

5 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Isak there was talk of interest weeks before he signed but went cold for ages then all of a sudden he was on a plane! Don't remember anything about Tonali until he'd almost signed. The Jan '22 window is a bit of a blur for me seeing as we welcomed a newborn right in the middle of it 🥱 

I feel like the 'out of nowhere' aspect of transfers is it can seem like there's no interest at all, then suddenly you get a reliable journo like Ornstein suddenly dropping 'Newcastle in advanced talks with (insert club) for (insert player we've never been linked to). Growing optimism that ta deal can be done.'  

From there things suddenly slow down and its a week plus till its actually all done. We've not done the Villa thing of signing players out of nowhere yet.

6 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

Isak there was talk of interest weeks before he signed but went cold for ages then all of a sudden he was on a plane! Don't remember anything about Tonali until he'd almost signed. The Jan '22 window is a bit of a blur for me seeing as we welcomed a newborn right in the middle of it 🥱 

We had the smokescreen of Barella and Nmecha before Tonali came in by surprise. 
Isak had the Joao Pedro accepted bid before it. 

Botman was long and drawn out over 6 months. 

Bruno was quite out of the blue too. 

Tino and Hall were quite quick, Barnes too. 

25 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Nobody seriously thinks we won’t get a class signing at RW and CB, do they? 

CB I think we'll definitely get one.

RW and striker I THINK we will, but if it depends on Miggy or Wilson leaving, that might not happen. So the lack of links is making me a bit twitchy I'm not going to lie.

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

CB I think we'll definitely get one.

RW and striker I THINK we will, but if it depends on Miggy or Wilson leaving, that might not happen. So the lack of links is making me a bit twitchy I'm not going to lie.

Of all the positions I think forward might be the one we might not get because of the Wilson situation. I think we’ll sort CB and RW, both are critical positions. 

Feel like we've gone backwards so far - yes Tonali is back but lost Anderson (who would've gotten better), Minteh, lots of filler and now probably losing Trippier too. 

Adding Kelly is ok, not life changing. Ditto two GK's.

Honestly feel we need 2-3 marquees to fill out the team at RCB, RW - not sure Thiaw is marquee but can accept it's one of the big ones.

Pope

Tino *RCB (Thiaw) Botman Hall

Tonali
Joelinto Bruno

*RW Isak Gordon

What I would want other than Thiaw (or Tobdibo or whatever the RCB profile is): 

A top class RW - Raphinia, Chiesa type
An Ayedemi (RW plus CF cover)
A young CAM - Desire Doue type who can open doors - added creativity
Bonus - young RB to replace Trippier and Krafth

That would be a great window

The shred of positivity I'm taking out of all this silence is the extensive due diligence being taken by the recruitment team.

We don't want a bad apple or worse Tonali MKII to scupper plans again like they did last year.

Patience is a virtue after all.

2 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

Feel like we've gone backwards so far - yes Tonali is back but lost Anderson (who would've gotten better), Minteh, lots of filler and now probably losing Trippier too. 

Adding Kelly is ok, not life changing. Ditto two GK's.

Honestly feel we need 2-3 marquees to fill out the team at RCB, RW - not sure Thiaw is marquee but can accept it's one of the big ones.

Pope

Tino *RCB (Thiaw) Botman Hall

Tonali
Joelinto Bruno

*RW Isak Gordon

What I would want other than Thiaw (or Tobdibo or whatever the RCB profile is): 

A top class RW - Raphinia, Chiesa type
An Ayedemi (RW plus CF cover)
A young CAM - Desire Doue type who can open doors - added creativity
Bonus - young RB to replace Trippier and Krafth

That would be a great window

How have we gone backwards by losing someone who never played for us, potentially losing our second best RB and are essentially replacing Elliot Anderson (Who was pretty meh for large parts of the season) in the squad with Sandro Tonali.

Oh and we'll have about 8 players who hopefully won't be injured all season.