NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

5 minutes ago, janpawel said:

A very pessimistic thought, but how small is the chance that the club can't obtain our RW/CB targets on the top end of our list, so we keep our powder dry until a later window when they are available? 

I think we'll get a CB one way or the other with Botman and Lascelles being out until the winter. RW I'm less confident. I could see us thinking, well at least we've got Miggy and Murphy if we can't get the player we want at the right price.

2 minutes ago, Ben said:

What's the point of bringing in Mitchell if he's got fuck all to spend ? Bit of a waste if you ask me

Isn’t the point bringing Mitchell in because we don’t have that much to spend? We want him to unearth cheaper players with high potential?

5 minutes ago, Ben said:

What's the point of bringing in Mitchell if he's got fuck all to spend ? Bit of a waste if you ask me

He's not been brought in for just one window like. :lol:

10 minutes ago, Ben said:

We've also been quite effective at buying and, PSR considerations aside, I think we would have been fine without him in this window. What we need is to sell better and we need a counter to the manager wanting to naturally keep everyone. His most important job this summer is lowering or maintaining our wage bill while recycling some players.

23 minutes ago, janpawel said:

A very pessimistic thought, but how small is the chance that the club can't obtain our RW/CB targets on the top end of our list, so we keep our powder dry until a later window when they are available? 

If we can't shift Miggy, I think we'll have to hold on for the RW. Would we sell Murphy and would he bring as much in? 

At least at RW there's the option to play Gordon, even Tino could be good there doing what Bale did for Spurs on the other side imo.

We can't afford to not get a CB, though. Just a loan signing to tide us over until Botman and Lascelles are back would do if we couldn't get Thiaw, or better ones were out of reach this summer. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

Was only 2 weeks ago people were saying we’d have quite a bit to spend. Even Eales made a point of saying the first years spend had dropped off

remember we were told by many that we only had £40m to spend before dropping over £60m on Isak 

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

If we can't shift Miggy, I think we'll have to hold on for the RW.

Can just imagine how that’ll go down especially after selling Minteh :lol:

32 minutes ago, gdm said:

Was only 2 weeks ago people were saying we’d have quite a bit to spend. Even Eales made a point of saying the first years spend had dropped off

remember we were told by many that we only had £40m to spend before dropping over £60m on Isak 

This post by timeEd32 is highly worth a read. Our issue most likely isn’t the available room based on player fees only, it’s that our cost level has shot up too and our revenue growth is having trouble keeping up to allow us to continue to invest and grow at the same rate as before. I think there is every chance we’ll be quite severely restricted this transfer window. In other words, PSR is working as designed for the so-called top six.

We need a RW upgrade but with our injuries at CB and with Wilson’s injury record those 2 positions have to be priority.

Isak will get injured and Wilson can’t be relied on to play for a full month at any point. We shouldn’t be thinking of Gordon as centre forward option. It wouldn’t work and would weaken us in 2 positions.

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I'm still not convinced Isak is particularly injury prone.

He will be, if we dont sign a back up striker who can stay injury free for more than 5 mins...

After the PSR debacle I think we’re being extra careful with the money available to spend.  Remember Mandy saying that we couldn’t afford for a big signing to go wrong, and last season it did unlucky or not.  The budget we have will need to be spent very carefully  

11 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

I have a feeling that we’re going to look back on no getting a top drawer RW this summer as a blessing as Barnes and Gordon tear up the league next season

I hope your feeling is wrong, we need a top drawer RW this summer as Barnes will be an impact sub next season for Gordon, if we don’t it will be Murphy on the right as per last season.

On paper Gordon, Isak and Barnes is a really good front three.

The issue is that after those three the drop off is massive.

We need better players, not just to rotate the starting lineup but to give Eddie the ability to impact the game with his subs, not just sending on extremely limited players who will put in a shift when the good players get tired.

No use in judging a transfer market until you see the finished article.

You'd ideally have your major business done by now, but the PSR window and the executive changes have kiboshed that.

Edited by The Prophet

14 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

No use in judging a transfer market until you see the finished article.

You'd ideally have your major business done by now, but the PSR window and the executive changes have kiboshed that.

I’m very confident we’ll buy in the areas we need we just aren’t in position to just throw money at it. We need to look for the best deal. 

10 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’m confident we will get a CB in, honestly not sure about a RW.

If we don’t and have let minteh go then I’ll go swiftly from positive to very negative. Almiron starting next season will be bordering on criminal.