NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Just now, Stifler said:

Did Fabio admit that he released information so agents can start a bidding war, and help players in contract renewals?

Where did you see that?

Just now, Stifler said:

I thought it was discussed on here a couple of months back. It got revealed in some sort of court case or something.

Yea I missed that. Sounds rather dodgy reporting but who knows.

Lots of things in football are dodgy to be fair.

You only sell crown jewel players when you have to - basically when the player says I want to go and won’t stay as they are incredibly difficult to replace. Isak and Bruno etc might go at some point but the aim is to delay that moment 

Being better sellers is about moving on players once the best years are done or if they are not integral to the team. It’s not about flogging the best players at the first sign of cash

1 minute ago, WilliamPS said:

You only sell crown jewel players when you have to - basically when the player says I want to go and won’t stay as they are incredibly difficult to replace. Isak and Bruno etc might go at some point but the aim is to delay that moment 

Being better sellers is about moving on players once the best years are done or if they are not integral to the team. It’s not about flogging the best players at the first sign of cash

Aye, and if we are selling key players to the likes of Liverpool, we should be making them pay for it.

£100m upfront should be the minimum.

If Gordon wants to leave and we get top dollar for him then fair enough.  If he is happy to stay then we keep him - he is only going to get better.  Him and Isak should be the players we should centre the team around going forward as they have age on their side and have a high ceiling.  As others have said players who have already reached their peak are the ones we should be cashing in on

1 minute ago, simonsays said:

If Gordon wants to leave and we get top dollar for him then fair enough.  If he is happy to stay then we keep him - he is only going to get better.  Him and Isak should be the players we should centre the team around going forward as they have age on their side and have a high ceiling.  As others have said players who have already reached their peak are the ones we should be cashing in on

that rationale apply to Bruno as well? He's on the edge of that for me, I would miss him so so much, but is he going to improve much more? is he at his most sellable right now? would his sale allow a transformative ammount of purchases ala AV and Grealish etc?

I don't wanna imagine a toon video on YT without his smile and laugh, but sometimes the team is bigger than the individual 

7 minutes ago, JLC said:

That was a reply to myleftboot. I think Gordon will go

I think there’s a fair chance it happens too. If Pool come calling and offer enough cash he’ll go but it’ll be on our terms. 

Edited by ExiledGeordie

God I'd be devastated if we sold Gordon, he's so effective and he's only had 1 full season for us, 10+ goals and assists 

Not only that but he has the intangibles, workrate, mentality, great injury record, ambition etc... All the things that are hard to account for when recruiting someone new 

Having said that, I think there are a lot more LW's on the market than right, but I'd wonder if we'd just persist with Barnes and have Willock /Joelinton as cover, if the worst did happen 

Lastly, I know Diaz didn't have the best season, but he is also class, and very good 1v1, better than Gordon imo but not the better player , surely if you're a Liverpool fan you'd rather give him another season under Slot before committing to a new player 

44 minutes ago, Memphis said:

Is Guler playing tomorrow in the friendly? Did we get him to Japan in time?

He possibly playing connect four with Kuol on adjoining treatment tables. 

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

Romano doesn't say anything there but maybe we'll have to offer Anthony a new contract soon if we want to be in a good position for negotiations in future windows. Think he was signed on an unusually short deal.