NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Just now, black_n_white said:

Cash up front plus quansah was a rumour a few weeks back?

Didn't see it and don't know much about Quansah but he's English and Transfer Market has him worth 22m, not that this fact means fuck all.

Worth bearing in mind that football has eaten itself up. 

There's been a couple of decades of unabashed greed. Unlimited funds flowing down the food chain. 

And Lo, greed invented agents. Management teams etc etc. 

Now these corrupt cunts that allowed that have panicked to stop any competition. The cash flows dried right up. 

Clubs aren't buying. Agents aren't getting their percentages 

There'll be a hell of a lot of shit stirring by agents. 

Would be gutted if he goes and hope it doesnt happen, wouldn't leave us with much to spend (Cost 40, So maybe 50 million for PSR next 3 years).

If his head is turned though, very difficult to keep him. He's got such a high level and developed so much under Howe that I hope he wants that more.

Just been catching up on the earlier excitement about Guler.

Reminded me of the link to Brahim Diaz in the lead up to the January window.

https://www.defensacentral.com/real_madrid/1703754751-el-newcastle-le-ofrece-un-dineral-a-florentino-por-brahim-precio-de-crack

I wonder if we might actually be showing an interest in him again too. He had a really good season just past.

They were saying we were willing to go up to around £55 million in January.

Between Diaz and Guler, one of them is not going to play enough next season, and if we like both, perhaps we are interested in whoever Real Madrid decide is available between the two.

35 minutes ago, junkhead said:

Romano doesn't say anything there but maybe we'll have to offer Anthony a new contract soon if we want to be in a good position for negotiations in future windows. Think he was signed on an unusually short deal.

Club described it as a “long-term deal”

.com has it down as tbc so even they don’t know. 

1 hour ago, WilliamPS said:

You only sell crown jewel players when you have to - basically when the player says I want to go and won’t stay as they are incredibly difficult to replace. Isak and Bruno etc might go at some point but the aim is to delay that moment 

Being better sellers is about moving on players once the best years are done or if they are not integral to the team. It’s not about flogging the best players at the first sign of cash

I disagree. A player past their best and no longer integral to the team is past their peak value. If we are to compete, and as long as we remain severely hampered by lacking the commercial revenue to do so and have no manufacturing line of saleable talent from our academy, we have to trade players well as explained by Eales in January. This means sometimes take a step backwards in terms of quality on the pitch short term to allow for two steps forward a little further down the line. Star players may get badly injured and never recover, they may dip in form or they may refuse to extend their contract and for all those reasons their value may diminish. We should try to optimise every player sale, just like we try to optimise every player purchase.

24 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

I disagree. A player past their best and no longer integral to the team is past their peak value. If we are to compete, and as long as we remain severely hampered by lacking the commercial revenue to do so and have no manufacturing line of saleable talent from our academy, we have to trade players well as explained by Eales in January. This means sometimes take a step backwards in terms of quality on the pitch short term to allow for two steps forward a little further down the line. Star players may get badly injured and never recover, they may dip in form or they may refuse to extend their contract and for all those reasons their value may diminish. We should try to optimise every player sale, just like we try to optimise every player purchase.

Great post - can't disagree with anything you've said here!

1 hour ago, Unbelievable said:

And that’s why Joelinton should be sold in January

1 hour ago, Zero said:

And that’s why Joelinton should be sold in January

I don't think we would get enough for Joelinton to replace what he brings to the team, £40m max and I have no idea who would even do that.

It's different with Bruno and Isak, there aren't many clubs in the world who wouldn't like to have them and the money we would get would be so much higher. It fucking sucks but we have to be able to sell players at the right time and Bruno turns 27 soon, pretty much the last age where we could get maximum money for him. Isak being two years younger means he's more likely to leave because he's a top 3 striker in the world than us being forced to sell due to his age. And I'm in no way advocating that we should sell them, just getting personally ready for it when PSR and FFP are still a thing.