NUFC Transfer Rumours

Might actually put some money on us finishing both top 4 and top 6. Every preview I've seen seems to be down on us without any good reasons. Staveley leaving, Eddie being linked with the England job, selling fringe players, those stupid Gordon rumours etc. will not have any effect on our season and it's impossible the injury situation gets as bad without Europe. This is a team that finished around the top 4 spots last season in expected points while dealing with the worst injury crisis ever seen and there are signings coming.

1 hour ago, Away Toon said:

I think the BBC has us finishing 9th, which would mean goodbye to Eddie, Bruno and maybe Gordon and Isac. Hope not.

Luckily football is played on grass not a website FFS. Unbelievable levels of dragging a negative out

20 minutes ago, Pata said:

Might actually put some money on us finishing both top 4 and top 6. Every preview I've seen seems to be down on us without any good reasons. Staveley leaving, Eddie being linked with the England job, selling fringe players, those stupid Gordon rumours etc. will not have any effect on our season and it's impossible the injury situation gets as bad without Europe. This is a team that finished around the top 4 spots last season in expected points while dealing with the worst injury crisis ever seen and there are signings coming.

We don’t wear red and we aren’t in London so we don’t matter. The fkers can keep ignoring us for all I care. 

Villa are gonna’ fall off a cliff once the games and injuries start piling up. Chelsea are a basket case who’ll be looking for a new manager 3 months in and have looked atrocious defensively in pre season. Ange has big pressure on and is starting to show cracks. Man U are the Sunderland of the PL, toxic club where nothing will go right long-term. Wham, Paqueta ban hanging over them all season. 

We look far and away the best equipped to challenge top 3/4. I predict we won’t lose a home game this season. The away form will be helped massively having Joe and Pope back. If the application is right, the rest don’t stand a chance. 

Edited by Joelinton7

2 hours ago, 80 said:

If you mean the big project, that's unnecessarily despondent. We'd bank £200m-300m and go again. We'd be in a much stronger position than we were a couple of years ago. We could have a gigantic fresh push with that. Upsetting, yes, the end, no.

While I think 9th is unlikely, where are we banking 200-300m from?  Given next season sees increased PSR screws, 9th would be borderline disastrous

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

While I think 9th is unlikely, where are we banking 200-300m from?  Given next season sees increased PSR screws, 9th would be borderline disastrous

I think he means if we sold Bruno / Gordon / Isak.

8 hours ago, Vaj said:

Might have been strong on you and I apologise for that. Just seems to be all doom and gloom from a few people when in reality you look at our starting eleven and bench and there is a lot of quality in there. 

I do agree that we need one or two signings, but I’m sure they will come

and if not our team is good enough for CL already IMO

With absolutely no injuries maybe especially with a fit Willock and Tonali coming back. We do have a lot of quality I agree and the window has been a “success” so far in terms of keeping the big hitters but as it stands not to add any starting first 11 options ie CB and RW would be a real disappointment for me (caveat there’s still time. Just my opinion obviously. 

Edited by ExiledGeordie

3 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Will reserve judgement until the window closes, but very concerned at the moment by our transfer window thus far.

Which is a perfectly fair way to feel without being called a negative bed wetter 👍🏻

I’m pretty certain some people will start to say we’re only allowed to judge the window at the end of the season though. 

4 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Will reserve judgement until the window closes, but very concerned at the moment by our transfer window thus far.

Similar perspective. They’ve got a fortnight to do something otherwise it’s standing still at best. Old adage in football of “standing still is going backwards” as others race past you like Man Utd, West Ham or potentially even Brighton if it clicks for them.

9 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Similar perspective. They’ve got a fortnight to do something otherwise it’s standing still at best. Old adage in football of “standing still is going backwards” as others race past you like Man Utd, West Ham or potentially even Brighton if it clicks for them.

Agreed. “If” the window closes and we dont bring in a single first 11 starting option that’s a major disappointment. 

I'll be amazed if we don't sign a CH and RW - Guehi and Madueke IMO - still two weeks left!

My worry is still about Gordon - not sure if that situation is holding up the RW slot as if he goes, we'd be able to spend a hell of a lot more on a RW.

5 minutes ago, Paully said:

I'll be amazed if we don't sign a CH and RW - Guehi and Madueke IMO - still two weeks left!

My worry is still about Gordon - not sure if that situation is holding up the RW slot as if he goes, we'd be able to spend a hell of a lot more on a RW.

Prepared to be amazed.

Both Villa and West Ham have spent really well this summer, think they will be our rivals for top 6.

No chance we get top 4 without any transfers, squad is currently weaker than it was in May.

Edited by JigsawGoesToPieces

Just now, JigsawGoesToPieces said:

Both Villa and West Ham have spent really well this summer, thimk they will be our rivals for top 6.

No chance we get top 4 without any transfers, squad is currently weaker than it was in May.

We will be challenging for top 5 at minimum imo. 

It we stay injury free will qualify for the CL. 

Something has gone seriously wrong if there are no signings for the first 11. I suspect there will be, but it’s getting a little concerning.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Without anymore signings ?

Yes, challenging for top 5 is what we will do this season imo. 

What happened last season was an absolute freak occurrence and then we were still just pipped to Europe because City went on the piss instead of actually trying to win the FA cup. 

don’t get me wrong I’ll be gutted if we don’t sign anyone else but I Eddie is a magician and if you look at the spine of our team it’s really elite and befitting that. 

Us qualifing for the CL in 22/23 was also helped by Spurs and Chelsea having a mare finishing 8th and 12th.

The chances of one of the sky 6 having a season as poor as that is slim. 

As much ae id love us to be in the CL, until we have a better squad depth, fighting for Europa League is probably where we will be

2 minutes ago, JigsawGoesToPieces said:

Us qualifing for the CL in 22/23 was also helped by Spurs and Chelsea having a mare finishing 8th and 12th.

As much ae id love us to be in the CL, until we have a better squad depth, fighting for Europa League is probably where we will be

Every chance Chelsea are well off the pace this year. 

2 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

What happened last season was an absolute freak occurrence and then we were still just pipped to Europe because City went on the piss instead of actually trying to win the FA cup. 

don’t get me wrong I’ll be gutted if we don’t sign anyone else but I Eddie is a magician and if you look at the spine of our team it’s really elite and befitting that. 

Agree with most of that, I do think clubs around us have all strengthened though and we haven’t (hopefully that will change). If we can turn our away form round then we have a massive chance for top 5. Think we did start to show a few signs toward the end of the season that we had.

5 minutes ago, JigsawGoesToPieces said:

Personally think Spurs will struggle and Ange won’t last the season. All their weaknesses from last season are still there.

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

That’s bold. Chelsea, Man Utd and Villa have strengthened and will sign at least one more before the end of the window, in Chelsea’s case possibly Osimhen who would be a game changer for them. Spurs have got a target man and another CB. West Ham and Brighton have spent loads to bolster quality and depth.

The likes of Wolves, Fulham, Bournemouth etc have spent and will all spend before the end of the month making games against them more challenging. Yet we’ll be up there in the Top 4 with no material signings, three CHs until Xmas and a complete gamble on a second striker whilst the current #9 nurses himself back from another random injury. Not seeing it myself, can I have some of your rose tinted glasses?