NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

5 hours ago, KaKa said:

Tapsoba would be an impressive coup. Would be very nice to add a title winner too, especially one that managed it at an unfancied club for the first time, against the odds. Could do with that experience!

As a defender, really like how he defends. Very very smooth. Always makes it look easy.

Sounds like Botman. 

Disasi - I feel like there is the potential for any Chelsea signing to be given a bit of a free pass on one indifferent season with a crackpot of a football club. Perhaps he‘s best judged on his earlier form.

Edited by KDT

2 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Have I missed recent links with him then?

Ornstein last night saying we're looking at him & Disasi from Chelsea as Guehi alternatives if we can't do a deal with Palace.

3 minutes ago, Fak said:

Ornstein last night saying we're looking at him & Disasi from Chelsea as Guehi alternatives if we can't do a deal with Palace.

I think we won’t get Guehi. They’ve overplayed their hand on the price point and we won’t budge to what they want. Sad, as he would be ideal, but not at the price they’re quoting. 

Tapsoba would be exciting, Disasi meh.

1 hour ago, Lush Vlad said:

Is Zero implying that keeping Minteh and Anderson would have better than selling Joelinton?

Assuming clubs were in for Joelinton at the right price with only 18 months left on his deal, of course. Plus the injury. 

Is that the ‘damage’ being referred to?

That’s what I explained in the Minteh thread. The original plan by Ashworth is to sell Joe instead of extending his contract. Once Ashworth on leave, Howe and Staveley just scrapped the plan. I won’t repeat here.

Pretty sure we could at least recoup around 30m which means we don’t need to sell both Minteh and Anderson. I don’t really care about Anderson anyway.

That said it’s also true we will have a weaker squad this season, we may not get the three points against Soton. What we have instead is a solid starting RW whose value can keep on rising which will be good for us in long term. 

Unless Man City won the case and put an end to the bullshit PSR, this long term / short term problem will keep on coming back to hit us hard.

1 minute ago, Zero said:

That’s what I explained in the Minteh thread. The original plan by Ashworth is to sell Joe instead of extending his contract. Once Ashworth on leave, Howe and Staveley just scrapped the plan. I won’t repeat here.

Pretty sure we could at least recoup around 30m which means we don’t need to sell both Minteh and Anderson. I don’t really care about Anderson anyway.

That said it’s also true we will have a weaker squad this season, we may not get the three points against Soton. What we have instead is a solid starting RW whose value can keep on rising which will be good for us in long term. 

Unless Man City won the case and put an end to the bullshit PSR, this long term / short term problem will keep on coming back to hit us hard.

you keep doubling down on this but absolutely no one other that an ex employee of the club wanted to sell Joelinton. It was never an option.

2 minutes ago, Zero said:

But big Joe is much better than either of Minteh and Anderson. 

Just now, gdm said:

you keep doubling down on this but absolutely no one other that an ex employee of the club wanted to sell Joelinton. It was never an option.

That’s another issue, Ashworth didn’t want to sell Joelinton, he just didn’t want to make pay him Bruno money. 

Just now, gdm said:

Nah stop it. I don’t want to continue here. Basically everyone just try to ignore the PSR issue. Wait till next June then. 

Last summer we all said we would be fine, trust the management, we wouldn’t over spent. No worries. What happened last June? Oh yea this time they said “we won’t let it happen again”, but the amortised loss is still here isn’t it? We started this financial year with a huge loss again. It’s just hard facts. 

1 minute ago, jigen said:

Palace have top scouts.
Tomás Araújo has top potential. Super fast and technical. Lacroix and Tomás Araujo are two smarts deals. This is if you search abroad and not only in the PL market. 

It also really helps if you’re Crystal Palace who have no pressure or expectation on where you finish In the league. I mean is it any wonder clubs in our respective positions are looking in different markets? Can we afford to have young centre backs learn their trade for a season or two in our first team?

5 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

But big Joe is much better than either of Minteh and Anderson. 

You have to change your mindset if you really want to comply with PSR. It’s the squad value that you have to manage, instead of just focusing on the quality of starting eleven 

sounds bullshit, but that’s what it should be under PSR. Anyway just stop it here

6 minutes ago, jigen said:

Palace have top scouts.
Tomás Araújo has top potential. Super fast and technical. Lacroix and Tomás Araujo are two smarts deals. This is if you search abroad and not only in the PL market. 

Why don’t you apply for the scout job, you seem to know every good player in Europe.

Just now, Zero said:

Nah stop it. I don’t want to continue here. Basically everyone just try to ignore the PSR issue. Wait till next June then. 

Last summer we all said we would be fine, trust the management, we wouldn’t over spent. No worries. What happened last June? Oh yea this time they said “we won’t let it happen again”, but the amortised loss is still here isn’t it? We started this financial year with a huge loss again. It’s just hard facts. 

And we were fine, ultimately the problem with posters like yourself is you seem to miss the nuance of the situation. Kind noises aside the club were perfectly comfortable with losing both Anderson and Minteh. You may wonder that is but it’s quite straightforward. We need to invest in our team to go to the next level in order to do so we have to player trade and that’s exactly what happened. 

We made 5x in a year on Minteh and the proceeds of that deal paid for Tonali, Tino Hall, Barnes Isak Gordon. 

It’s what we have to do, stop using it’s a stick to beat the club with, if they want to progress they have no choice. 

2 minutes ago, Zero said:

You have to change your mindset if you really want to comply with PSR. It’s the squad value that you have to manage, instead of just focusing on the quality of starting eleven 

sounds bullshit, but that’s what it should be under PSR. Anyway just stop it here

Brother; nobody has written more about PSR on this forum than me, so please pull the over one. 

9 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

And we were fine, ultimately the problem with posters like yourself is you seem to miss the nuance of the situation. Kind noises aside the club were perfectly comfortable with losing both Anderson and Minteh. You may wonder that is but it’s quite straightforward. We need to invest in our team to go to the next level in order to do so we have to player trade and that’s exactly what happened. 

We made 5x in a year on Minteh and the proceeds of that deal paid for Tonali, Tino Hall, Barnes Isak Gordon. 

It’s what we have to do, stop using it’s a stick to beat the club with, if they want to progress they have no choice. 

I genuinely won’t say what happened last June is “FINE”. If that’s fine to you, fine.

If that happens in my company, the PIC will be accountable and sacked.

Edited by Zero

8 minutes ago, Zero said:

the two are not exclusive, you’re comparing selling an almost guaranteed first 11 player when fit, to a lad who had never kicked a ball for us and someone who was at best 3rd choice in each position he covered. As annoying as it was, the decision made was a no brainer, particularly given the relative profit in PSR terms they both generated.

Just now, Zero said:

I genuinely won’t say what happened last June is “FINE”. It’s that fine you you, fine.

What was the alternative? Sell your best players. 

We have to player trade and as you are no doubt are aware, the best players to trade with are those with little or no book value. 

14 minutes ago, Zero said:

Im not ignoring the PSR issue but you are throwing out scenarios that don’t exist. We didn’t want to sell Joelinton and there were no offers for him. 

I’m one of the most gutted about Minteh leaving but it was the only option. Deadline day stuff. Do you seriously think we’d have discussions about selling Gordon if selling Joelinton was any kind of option. IMO the club made a cunt of things to get in such a mess but made the best decisions to get out of it and I’m absolutely gutted Minteh was sold him & Gordon either side of Isak would have been so exciting but we cannot just make things up. Joelinton was never being sold and I’m glad he wasn’t. 

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

What was the alternative? Sell your best players. 

We have to player trade and as you are no doubt are aware, the best players to trade with are those with little or no book value. 

That’s exactly what PSR limit your growth path and you have to sell your best players at max value, reinvest into a few more prospects and wait till their value maxed out again. In fact it’s very similar to the Spurs model, how they become the Big 6. Of course Spurs wanted to keep Carrick, Modric Bale etc but they didn’t, instead they fully made good use of the proceeds and invested into much more prospects and youth team.

keeping hold of your best players for too long will only limits your capacity to improve your team for the next few windows. Of course we all wants to have the best team available for the upcoming season so we have the best shot for league position but that’s very risky for long term squad building. That why I said we better hope Howe did a magic again or we would be in great trouble.

Just now, Zero said:

That’s exactly what PSR limit your growth path and you have to sell your best players at max value, reinvest into a few more prospects and wait till their value maxed out again. In fact it’s very similar to the Spurs model, how they become the Big 6. Of course Spurs wanted to keep Carrick, Modric Bale etc but they didn’t, instead they fully made good use of the proceeds and invested into much more prospects and youth team.

keeping hold of your best players for too long will only limits your capacity to improve your team for the next few windows. Of course we all wants to have the best team available for the upcoming season so we have the best shot for league position but that’s very risky for long term squad building. That why I said we better hope Howe did a magic again or we would be in great trouble.

You said sell Joelinton for 30m how would that be )good? It would be a disaster. Yes we have to trade but at maximum value 30m certainly isn’t that. He’s one of the best midfielders in the league if you can’t get 75m + for him you keep him. 

The end of June was certainly chaotic but it worked out perfectly, we didn’t weaken ourselves much and remained complaint, on top of that one of our worst performing financial years has dropped off and will be replaced by one which is likely break even. 

You can ask anyone on this forum if they have rather lost Joelinton or Minteh and you will be lucky to find 10 people who think letting Joe go instead would be a good move.