NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

You said sell Joelinton for 30m how would that be )good? It would be a disaster. Yes we have to trade but at maximum value 30m certainly isn’t that. He’s one of the best midfielders in the league if you can’t get 75m + for him you keep him. 

The end of June was certainly chaotic but it worked out perfectly, we didn’t weaken ourselves much and remained complaint, on top of that one of our worst performing financial years has dropped off and will be replaced by one which is likely break even. 

You can ask anyone on this forum if they have rather lost Joelinton or Minteh and you will be lucky to find 10 people who think letting Joe go instead would be a good move. 

The reason why Joe is just worth 30m is that we already hold for too long….. I know people still hasn’t realised this but Bruno is probably too late to sell already, same case as Joelinton. Now tell me once Joe and Bruno started to decline two to three years later, where is the capacity we needed to replace them? No. There’s none, unless we are able to find a few more Minteh, who we are only able to find once in what? 30 years?

we won’t be breakeven this year. We already started at a loss after player amortisation, and same for next year. The picture is really not as rosy as you think bro.

you either sacrifice the short term league position for a more stable / healthy long term growth, or vice versa, and hope the extra revenue from ECL could cover that. The latter route involves much higher risk but seems we already made the choice.

Just now, The Prophet said:

As much as I detest the way of thinking, next couple of summers are probably the peak tine to sell Bruno from a PSR perspective.

I'm wondering whether the ship has sailed. I think we might have contemplated it but now we are all I'm on him staying, hence the captain thing.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

As much as I detest the way of thinking, next couple of summers are probably the peak tine to sell Bruno from a PSR perspective.

I detest that way of operation too but there’s no choice. Man City has my full support for the legal case

This is a bonkers discussion. Bruno is entering his prime and is an elite player, these are the players you want. How would you ever expect to compete at the top if you get rid of your best players before they peak? That would mean other teams were always stronger.

As a club that isn’t competing realistically to win the PL and isn’t in the CL then sometimes a sale will be forced, but that’s a growing pain not an ambition.

I don’t think Ashworth planned to sell Joelinton either. It was Staveley and Howe who came out with the “if there’s no new contract it has to be a sale” stuff IIRC, and it was just a statement of the obvious- under PSR you can’t let assets leave for nothing. 

Edited by WilliamPS

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

From that angle this summer and next. But as other clubs have shown you don’t have to sell your best players. Liverpool haven’t since Coutinho. 

1 minute ago, STM said:

I'm wondering whether the ship has sailed. I think we might have contemplated it but now we are all I'm on him staying, hence the captain thing.

yea likely he will stay till 30 now, unless Real Madrid or Barca steps in.

hence in the next few windows, if we encounter the PSR issue again, Miley / Gordon will likely be the one to be sold.

I think we have to be accepting that within the PSR constraints we potentially need to sell a purple once every couple of years to allow headroom. If we don’t, and can’t grow, we run the risk of losing them anyway. I’d rather be a seller on our terms akin to Palace with Guehi than a fire sale seller like us last June.

9 minutes ago, Zero said:

The reason why Joe is just worth 30m is that we already hold for too long….. I know people still hasn’t realised this but Bruno is probably too late to sell already, same case as Joelinton

No disrespect intended but I’ve been on this forum nearly 20 years and that’s up there with the biggest load of bollocks I’ve read on here 

Minteh did exactly what he was meant to do - arrive, increase in value and get flipped for a big profit. Our treatment of him from the moment he signed made it very transparent. He was a PSR parachute. 

The reason that clubs are going down the route of trading youth is that it’s an inherently less risky approach than selling your best players and hoping you can reinvest in equivalent quality.

Thought this was the transfers rumours thread not a PSR discussion.

Back on track I think either of the new names mentioned if halving the ask for Geuhi would allow funds for a decent RW too

That would be good shopping by Mitchell

Tosoba looks great and is a threat from set pieces too...Disabi has been Chelsea'd and is way better than second or third choice so go for it Mitch lad.

1 hour ago, KDT said:

Disasi - I feel like there is the potential for any Chelsea signing to be given a bit of a free pass on one indifferent season with a crackpot of a football

club. Perhaps he‘s best judged on his earlier form.

Has anyone seen this lad play ? He seems to have the pedigree of a great player.

1 minute ago, christ said:

Minteh did exactly what he was meant to do - arrive, increase in value and get flipped for a big profit. Our treatment of him from the moment he signed made it very transparent. He was a PSR parachute. 

The reason that clubs are going down the route of trading youth is that it’s an inherently less risky approach than selling your best players and hoping you can reinvest in equivalent quality.

think that’s absolutely guesswork because that’s what other clubs do. If we don’t have to sell I’m certain Minteh would have played for us this season if not started for us.

3 minutes ago, gdm said:

No disrespect intended but I’ve been on this forum nearly 20 years and that’s up there with the biggest load of bollocks I’ve read on here 

Yea it’s fucking bollocks if PSR doesn’t exist. I really agree with that.

2 minutes ago, Zero said:

Yea it’s fucking bollocks if PSR doesn’t exist. I really agree with that.

No one bid for Bruno btw. He had a release clause and no one activated it. That’s reality. 

1 minute ago, gdm said:

think that’s absolutely guesswork because that’s what other clubs do. If we don’t have to sell I’m certain Minteh would have played for us this season if not started for us.

If circumstances were different they would be different, yes. Someone triggers Bruno’s release clause and we probably keep Minteh.

He - and let’s be honest every other youth player we’ve hoovered up in the last 24 months that people are getting attached to - are seen just as much as future income as they are future NUFC players.

7 minutes ago, gdm said:

No one bid for Bruno btw. He had a release clause and no one activated it. That’s reality. 

which means his market value has already dropped below his clause price, and likely will keep on dropping

I guess most would be OK if we landed Chiesa on loan in the last week of the window? Seems like the sort of loan deal that drops late in the window, either him or one of the Barca lads.

I'd rather spend on a CB and loan a RW than the other way round, stability is more important at the back.

Could also see Trafford coming in and being loaned straight back for a season unless the powers that be think there is a good chance of Marmalade coming in next summer

1 minute ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

I guess most would be OK if we landed Chiesa on loan in the last week of the window? Seems like the sort of loan deal that drops late in the window, either him or one of the Barca lads.

I'd rather spend on a CB and loan a RW than the other way round, stability is more important at the back.

Could also see Trafford coming in and being loaned straight back for a season unless the powers that be think there is a good chance of Marmalade coming in next summer

Marmalade is set for Liverpool.