NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

18 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Isn't Gnonto a LW?

Like Gordon he can play down the right but his best position is down the left, Leeds only played him down the right as he wasn’t anywhere near as good as Summerville.

Now he has left Gnonto is back on the left.

He is a decent youngster but nothing special, probably worth £15 million max considering what the other Leeds players went for this summer.

Edited by Matt1892

17 minutes ago, Weezertron said:

Not saying he will, but Eddie will have no right to bemoan the lack of RW this window if he insisted on spending 90% of our budget on a CB. 

No one knows how much we have but everything points to it being limited. If we can’t afford recruits for every position we have to prioritise. The type of player that will take us to the next level as a team are expensive. Assume we have 80m to spend, £40m on CB and RW buys you highly rated but not proven talent (we just sold a highly rated but unproven winger for £30m). It’s not ideal but moneys limited, proven players cost, and we have to prioritise (Botman out, Lascelles out and a potential injury to Schar) versus spending on RW.

70m for Guehi and then don't buy a RW because you haven't the money is ridicolous.

Sign Simakan: he is a top defender. Mitchell should stop Howe (and so the madness of Guehi) and start to make the market. This should be his work..

5 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

Like Gordon he can’t play down the right but his best position is down the left, Leeds only played him down the right as he wasn’t anywhere near as good as Summerville.

Now he has left Gnonto is back on the left.

He is a decent youngster but nothing special, probably worth £15 million max considering what the other Leeds players went for this summer.

Can't? Before Gordon came here he played nearly half his games down the right and his first couple of games here.

2 minutes ago, jigen said:

70m for Guehi and then don't buy a RW because you haven't the money is ridicolous.

Sign Simakan: he is a top defender. Mitchell should stop Howe (and so the madness of Guehi) and start to make the market. This should be his work..

This narrative doesn't half wind me up [emoji38]

As if it's just Howe driving this solely by himself.  There is a whole recruitment and scouting team that has been built up in recent years.

4 minutes ago, madras said:

Can't? Before Gordon came here he played nearly half his games down the right and his first couple of games here.

Can I meant, must of autocorrected but I have edited now.

Edited by Matt1892

10 minutes ago, jigen said:

But alas, who will stop the madness of jigen?!

5 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

Can I meant, must of autocorrected but I have edited now.

Just read it again and it makes more sense. I jumped in too early.  Obvious when you read it again.:thup:

5 minutes ago, dcmk said:

This narrative doesn't half wind me up [emoji38]

As if it's just Howe driving this solely by himself.  There is a whole recruitment and scouting team that has been built up in recent years.

Aye though I think there is some truth in what he is saying. For £70,000,000, the scouting team need to be confident he can become world class for this deal to make sense. Hopefully the scouting team know what to ey are doing.

I'm an admirer of Gnonto but I don't know how far forward he takes us. If we could get him for something daft like 15-20 it's a goer for the depth and his drive but we need a star on the wing, imo.

All of this could have been solved with Pulisic last year, btw. :shifty:

Just now, Mike said:

I'm an admirer of Gnonto but I don't know how far forward he takes us. If we could get him for something daft like 15-20 it's a goer for the depth and his drive but we need a star on the wing, imo.

All of this could have been solved with Pulisic last year, btw. :shifty:

The Lebron of Soccer? As if we could attract an established GOAT.

So in next 7-9 days we need to:

Sign a CB 

Sign a RW

Then sell / loan out at a minimum, Fraser, Lewis, Hayden, one of the GKs, Almiron. And then potentially Trippier, Targett, Wilson ideally too :D 

12 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

So in next 7-9 days we need to:

Sign a CB 

Sign a RW

Then sell / loan out at a minimum, Fraser, Lewis, Hayden, one of the GKs, Almiron. And then potentially Trippier, Targett, Wilson ideally too :D 

Why do so many posters want rid of so many players? Do you all hate squad depth?

(I don’t mean Fraser, Lewis and Hayden before anyone mentions them!)

Edited by WilliamPS

If Tripps goes surely we would be also looking at another young RB? I don't think Ashby is really part of the squad and Shahar is too young at the moment. 

I presume that would been finding a buyer for Ashby though. 

We could essentially get by until January with Tino, Krafth, Ashby and Murphy as full back options I guess. Famous last words. 

8 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

Why do so many posters want rid of so many players? Do you all hate squad depth?

(I don’t mean Fraser, Lewis and Hayden before anyone mentions them!)

Because our wage bill is very high so it would help unlock new spend (or help make us compliant come June without having to panic sell).

Fraser, Lewis, Dubs/Vlachodimos a must. Miggy (+ a fee) a big help, and Targett in a dream.