NUFC Transfer Rumours

2 minutes ago, Zero said:

match rating and comments without mentioning or crediting his assist to Mitoma?

nah.

Is there a reason you're being needlessly antagonistic? 

2 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

The false equivalence of the accusation that others are being overly positive is no better tbh. 

Most people are clearly a bit concerned but, with the information available, remain hopeful we will make a signing. 

I mean this as politely as possible - you do see that if Newcastle don’t sign anyone else that it’s still fun to support Newcastle?

Yes but I think my comment was pretty clearly that I didn’t want to criticise but this window warranted criticism but pretty clear and valid so no idea why you jumped all over it. 

Centre Backs imperative could we have juggled funds better to cover both, not sure apart from Olise and maybe Neto I’m struggling to think who I’d have gone for this summer on the right.

I do feel a young exciting right winger from abroad with potential would have sufficed, like the lad from Braga or  Benfica who was mentioned on here.

Not ideal but get Guehi and Tonali back makes us look much stronger, move Gordon to the right and see what Barnes is made of.

1 minute ago, gdm said:

Yes but I think my comment was pretty clearly that I didn’t want to criticise but this window warranted criticism but pretty clear and valid so no idea why you jumped all over it. 

Because the hypocrisy is like a fucking billboard! You have been incessantly critical.

3 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

You've never come up for air though. :lol:

Not had much to shout about so far tbf. Not one of the 5 signings is Particuarly exciting and not one key outgoing either 

8 minutes ago, christ said:

The obsession with the right wing doesn’t make a great deal of sense to me, even as a card carrying Miggy-hater.

It’s not a ‘problem position’. Our numbers from an attacking POV last year were great. Creating and scoring isn’t much of an issue. 

It doesn’t feel like there’s a plethora of world class right wingers we can take our pick from either. There’s no point in us dropping a PSR-ruining amount of cash for a very marginal improvement on what we currently have, leaving us hamstrung during the next few windows.

I’m not sure how I feel about the pursuit of Guehi - ask me on Friday and then again at the end of the season if we actually sign him - but I understand the rationale for focusing on centre back over a winger.

Last year we relied on Gordon too much. Yes we scored a lot but the opponents now know how to deal with us, and we looked lack of cutting edges during the first two games, until we finally tried Barnes + Gordon and Trippier back to RB.

Yes we can carry on this new formation for a while but genuinely speaking we will face the same problem very soon. We all know that. 

If we don’t sign a RW now, eventually we would still need to do it next Jan

Edited by Zero

Jadon Sancho loan to buy. They want to get rid of him. 40m price point is actually not bad in this market. 

30m left over. Get Milan Skrinar for a good RCB albeit more short term. 

Another alternative, 50m Simikan, 15m Chiesa. Trafford loan to buy. 

Another alternative, give Barca 70m for Raphina/Torres plus Christensen double deal. 

Any one of those scenarios is good for us and puts us in a better place.

Just now, Theregulars said:

Because the hypocrisy is like a fucking billboard! You have been incessantly critical.

Again when it’s warranted. You are really struggling with that aren’t you ? 

1 minute ago, kingxlnc said:

Jadon Sancho loan to buy. They want to get rid of him. 40m price point is actually not bad in this market. 

Another alternative, give Barca 70m for Raphina/Torres plus Christensen double deal. 

Zero chance we break our wage structure for Sancho

4 minutes ago, KDT said:

That ratings were from the Man Utd game, in an effort to see how brilliant Brighton fans thought he was in that fixture given it was the one I had previously mentioned.

Ah ok, I thought you mean that’s from his first three games. Fair enough

4 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I didn’t get this upset when Gascoigne left despite:

1) him being my favourite player

2) it being patently obvious that he was a greater talent than Minteh

3) me being six years old at the time 

Fond memories of the Mars Bars raining down on him heady days.

4 minutes ago, christ said:

The obsession with the right wing doesn’t make a great deal of sense to me, even as a card carrying Miggy-hater.

It’s not a ‘problem position’. Our numbers from an attacking POV last year were great. Creating and scoring isn’t much of an issue. 

It doesn’t feel like there’s a plethora of world class right wingers we can take our pick from either. There’s no point in us dropping a PSR-ruining amount of cash for a very marginal improvement on what we currently have, leaving us hamstrung during the next few windows.

I’m not sure how I feel about the pursuit of Guehi - ask me on Friday and then again at the end of the season if we actually sign him - but I understand the rationale for focusing on centre back over a winger.

We score enough goals, but as a team we surrender possession way too much. It’s obviously not just down to the RW, but the lack of technical ability down that side is a big problem. Our RW’s just can’t deal with being pressed and can’t play a possession game. This ends up putting pressure on the rest of the team as we’re vulnerable to getting countered.

1 minute ago, kingxlnc said:

Adding this post to my big manila folder labelled “people playing Football Manager and thinking they have the faintest clue about how the sport works has ruined the modern game”.

Always amuses me when people come up with ideas stating we buy X for Y amount when nobody has any idea on how our finances really look and what wages or deal structures X would require. 

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

We’re not signing a winger or a defender?

No he was first asked if he had a choice of a defender or a winger what would be his preference and he refused to answer the question because it was disrespectful of players already here.

Then asked did he think it was possible to sign both a defender and a winger and he said “no probably not”

Just now, kingxlnc said:

Man U must know they’re going to have to subsidise his wages for him to leave no matter who he goes to

He’s purported to be on £350k p/w.  So unless Man Utd were prepared to pay £200k p/w for him to play for us - and that’s if we’d be willing to take the gamble - I don’t see it

1 minute ago, Zero said:

Last year we relied on Gordon too much. Yes we scored a lot but the opponents now know how to deal with us, and we looks lack of cutting edges during the first two games, until we finally tried Barnes + Gordon and Trippier back to RB.

Yes we can carry on this new formation for a while but genuinely speaking we will face the same problem very soon. We all know that. 

If we don’t sign a RW now, eventually we would still need to do it next Jan

Did we? His home record was good, but the goals and assists were spread across the squad. Isak, Trippier, Bruno, Murphy, even Longstaff all chipped in well. 

Just now, Dr Jinx said:

No he was first asked if he had a choice of a defender or a winger what would be his preference and he refused to answer the question because it was disrespectful of players already here.

Then asked did he think it was possible to sign both a defender and a winger and he said “no probably not”

So Douglas’s wording was pisspoor, then.  Because he implied that we would be able to sign neither.  

6 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Because the game didn’t feature the guy who will be back in 2 weeks nor the other guy who will be back in the new year. Don’t get me wrong, we need a new centre half but it doesn’t need to be a 70m one in this specific window. 

The right winger issue is a long term chronic issue which hasn’t been addressed for many years. 

If Schär and Botman are both out (not implausible that that happens plenty this season; Schär could get injured) we can't play out from the back against any side with a vaguely effective press. Meanwhile we don't need a new RW to form an effective attacking unit and there's stacks of evidence to support that. 

Just now, Yorkie said:

If Schär and Botman are both out (not implausible that that happens plenty this season; Schär could get injured) we can't play out from the back against any side with a vaguely effective press. Meanwhile we don't need a new RW to form an effective attacking unit and there's stacks of evidence to support that. 

Yeah I hear you on that, If we can only have one it’s the trade off we have to consider, that being said having to start Murphy or Miggy is a bigger sin in my eyes, your speaking of a situation whereby we have an injury, we are likely to be watching Miggy and Murphy week in week out because those are the two options.