NUFC Transfer Rumours

25 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Why? Explain why it wouldn’t work 

Well it would work in our normal 4-3-3 set-up.

However, intentionally or otherwise, that graphic does not remotely resemble a 4-3-3.

1 minute ago, SteV said:

Well it would work in our normal 4-3-3 set-up.

However, intentionally or otherwise, that graphic does not remotely resemble a 4-3-3.

it’s not, that’s the point. Can revert to 5 if under pressure. Trippier and Tonali can track back.. Joelinton moves in a bit.

Barnes and Gordon can switch around up front but while in possession, Trippier needs to be involved as he was our most creative player last season, despite the loss of form.

My concern is if things are that tight now PSR wise at the start of a new 3 years of financial regulations that we can only afford a total outlay of roughly 70m on transfers it doesn’t exactly bode well moving forwards. Or have I got it completely wrong? 

Edited by ExiledGeordie

7 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

it’s not, that’s the point. Can revert to 5 if under pressure. Trippier and Tonali can track back.. Joelinton moves in a bit.

Barnes and Gordon can switch around up front but while in possession, Trippier needs to be involved as he was our most creative player last season, despite the loss of form.

So who’s LB / LWB in a 5?

36 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

My concern is if things are that tight now PSR wise at the start of a new 3 years of financial regulations that we can only afford a total outlay of roughly 70m on transfers it doesn’t exactly bode well moving forwards. Or have I got it completely wrong? 

Only one year (the first year) has dropped off. Still dealing with the following two years Isak, Gordon, Tonali etc 

think I’ve got that right anyway 

22 minutes ago, gdm said:

Only one year (the first year) has dropped off. Still dealing with the following two years Isak, Gordon, Tonali etc 

think I’ve got that right anyway 

I could see Isak being sold next year, stock still very high, 25, maximum PSR profit potentially. Would be 80 million pure profit if goes for 100?

1 minute ago, nufc4eva said:

I could see Isak being sold next year, stock still very high, 25, maximum PSR profit potentially. Would be 80 million pure profit if goes for 100?

He’s the one player in the squad I’d be genuinely gutted to lose

Just now, Lordshola said:

From Eddies press conference, it’s clear we will not sign both a rw and cb. All our eggs are in the Guehi basket then…

Due to the lack of outgoings, I agree it'll only be one major signing.

At the same time though, I can't believe anyone still takes what Howe tells reporters too seriously.

2 minutes ago, Justdoesit said:

I don’t know of I’m in the middle of a nervous breakdown or drunk, but I have this weird sense of optimism today that I haven’t had all window.

I think we get Guehi and Madueke before Friday.

*puts on my tin hat*

Madueke ship has sailed surely. I think that’s a deal we could easily have done if we were a bit more decisive earlier in the window.

2 minutes ago, Novocastrian said:

Madueke ship has sailed surely. I think that’s a deal we could easily have done if we were a bit more decisive earlier in the window.

To be fair, he seems to violate the no dickhead policy which we have and I imagine all support?

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Due to the lack of outgoings, I agree it'll only be one major signing.

At the same time though, I can't believe anyone still takes what Howe tells reporters too seriously.

So there may be issues between him and Mitchell, despite Howe saying the opposite yesterday 👀