NUFC Transfer Rumours

Horrible end to a horrible window.

Ruddy

Forests 3rd choice GK

Hall after loan

Osula

Kelly on a free

Losing both Anderson and Minteh to hit a net profit when it was widely reported we PRIORITISED a CB and a RW this summer.

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

There is absolutely no way this is on Howe btw, I can’t imagine a scenario where he is saying sign Guehi or don’t bother. 

What more do you need our journalists to say? Hope has all but said exactly what you are denying here. To ask the question a different way: Do you honestly think Paul Mitchell, whose entire MO is bringing in scores of youth talent, simply had zero ideas this summer? The guy who has stocked the reserves of club after club that he has worked at?

We know, at this point, that he had near 70m to toy around with based on the Guehi bids. We also know - and again, this will likely ruffle feathers - that our last Director left the club in a huff because, by all accounts, he didn't have the authority he wanted. What more needs to be said?

Mitchell and PIF need to pull the emergency lever and bring in talent today, or this will have been a massive failure of a window. Losing Anderson and Minteh for lloyd kelly simply isn't going to cut the mustard. If you think that the guy who is literally among the very best in the world at bringing in talent ran out of ideas with 70m burning a hole in his pocket, then I don't really think there's a productive discussion to be had here.

8 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Wont judge Howe at all this season if we dont bring in players. I had high hopes for Mitchell, but if this is it its quite bad really. 

This season might be more enjoyable than last if enough people commit to this.

4 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

This season might be more enjoyable than last if enough people commit to this.

Not sure about that when we watch Krafth play 20+ games because of an injury. Just feel really flat about the whole season now. Long gone are the talk of a transformative summer window.

But lets see how the last day of the window goes before a total meltdown..

Edited by nufc123

10 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Because he's overseeing all of it. 

Indirectly aye. It's his call to bring Mitchell in, but he's not directly accountable for planning and execution of the transfer window. 

If Mitchell ends up being a bad hire or the wrong fit, then fair enough.

Edited by The Prophet

9 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

What more do you need our journalists to say? Hope has all but said exactly what you are denying here. To ask the question a different way: Do you honestly think Paul Mitchell, whose entire MO is bringing in scores of youth talent, simply had zero ideas this summer? The guy who has stocked the reserves of club after club that he has worked at?

We know, at this point, that he had near 70m to toy around with based on the Guehi bids. We also know - and again, this will likely ruffle feathers - that our last Director left the club in a huff because, by all accounts, he didn't have the authority he wanted. What more needs to be said?

Mitchell and PIF need to pull the emergency lever and bring in talent today, or this will have been a massive failure of a window. Losing Anderson and Minteh for lloyd kelly simply isn't going to cut the mustard. If you think that the guy who is literally among the very best in the world at bringing in talent ran out of ideas with 70m burning a hole in his pocket, then I don't really think there's a productive discussion to be had here.

Inclined to agree. I think Guehi is a Howe target; Mitchell has simply done his best to strike a deal. I have no doubt that Mitchell has other CB profiles up his sleeve but whether they're targets that Howe wants to pursue is another question. 

1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Hard to look at this window as anything but a failure as it stands. Threatens to be 12 months of not a single first team signing. Imagine being told that after FT at Brentford back in May.

Funny thing is, throughout last season we were told by the client journalist that this would be a very busy summer with a lot of movement expected. :lol:

Just now, r0cafella said:

Funny thing is, throughout last season we were told by the client journalist that this would be a very busy summer with a lot of movement expected. :lol:

Transformative it was described as, in fairness it may well prove to be. Just for all the wrong reasons.

1 minute ago, nufc123 said:

Not sure about that when we watch Krafth play 20+ games because of an injury. Just feel really flat about the whole season now. Long gone are the talk of a transformative summer window.

Wasn't singling you out. But for me the least fun part of last season, aside from Nunez and the "handball" in Paris, was the weekly examination of Eddie's ability to do the job. 

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Indirectly aye. It's his call to bring Mitchell in, but he's bot directly accountable for planning and execution of the transfer window. 

If Mitchell ends up being a bad hire or the wrong fit, then fair enough.

It's directly, he's the CEO. I'm not saying he needs to be micromanaging, but he's ultimately responsible for how the entire club operates. 

I think the main difference between the anger of the Ashley transfer windows was of a clear lack of ambition. We had some money but had no interest in spending it - until we absolutely had to. When we absolutely needed a player in then we got him but generally speaking the whole 'we tried' rung true.

Now it's not the ambition that's in question, the money invested has been incredible and I'm sure that more would have been spent but for the dodgy PSR bollocks. We clearly want to spend but the Guehi deal raises the question of capability. The deals we've done this summer have been mediocre at best. We've chased Guehi for a month, we've clearly got a load of cash there to be spent and we're heading into deadline day with pocket full of cash and a lack of quality new players and the same gaps still very present. It'll now be a case of can they rather than do they get the deals done tomorrow.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Transformative it was described as, in fairness it may well prove to be. Just for all the wrong reasons.

But the fact they were saying that while not having any idea we needed to raise over £40m in June just to avoid a points deduction tells you how little they know about our budget and spending ability.

And for anyone who thinks I'm pulling shit out of my ass, this is a problem that's hounded the club in the recent past. Ashworth was a total dork, and a little shit for how he betrayed us, but let's not forget he felt he was being isolated by Eddie and his influence: https://www.thetimes.com/sport/football/article/dan-ashworths-email-blunder-could-cost-manchester-united-millions-nj8brswzq