NUFC Transfer Rumours

1 hour ago, Shearergol said:

I'm sure those of us who watch every football match in the world would have an idea, but I'm not sure there's anyone out there we would sign as an improvement on Isak. Who exactly are we wanting to replace him with? :lol:

Osimhen is the player that springs to my mind. Still only 25. Think he got loaned out to Galatasaray in the end?

Edit: For the record, I love Isak and don't want us to sell him. I could see him go to Arsenal though, and he would be perfect for them imo.

Edited by Collage

34 minutes ago, black_n_white said:

A right forward option next summer might be Dibling from Southampton? Got the potential to be very good. Big clubs will no doubt be sniffing already I’d imagine? Could tempt him with starting premiership football that the other may not be able to give him right now?

We've already been strongly linked IIRC. I can't see us signing an 18 year-old and starting him every week guaranteed mind. 

25 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Name a good right sided forward available that’s the problem and was in the summer, we either unearth someone from the continent, or we’ll end up going for someone like Dibling.

Johan Bakayoko ticks a lot of boxes. 21yo left-footed RW and his contract expires next summer so if he doesn't sign a new one PSV could be open to offers.

Another that will have a lot of interest but he'd get immediate minutes here. 

16 hours ago, r0cafella said:

We couldn't replace him with anyone near his level, losing him would be a disaster and a real indication of things stalling. 

Actual top quality number 9s are so few and far as well. How many clubs in recent years have sold their top striker and replaced with similar quality or spent big on a replacement in hope the new guy progresses? 

1 minute ago, Sibierski said:

Actual top quality number 9s are so few and far as well. How many clubs in recent years have sold their top striker and replaced with similar quality or spent big on a replacement in hope the new guy progresses? 

Losing him would be a unmitigated disaster. What we need to do is show him our ambition still exists and play to his strengths. 

20 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

Johan Bakayoko ticks a lot of boxes. 21yo left-footed RW and his contract expires next summer so if he doesn't sign a new one PSV could be open to offers.

Another that will have a lot of interest but he'd get immediate minutes here. 

I’d get him. We fucked up with Minteh but Bakayoko would be near identical given Eredivisie production stats.

6 hours ago, r0cafella said:

Dibling would cost 50m+ don't think we can afford to spend such sums on players who aren't going to immediately improve us. 

Would he cost that much though if Southampton go down? I’d have thought he’s exactly the kind of profile player Howe would love to coach. 

1 minute ago, black_n_white said:

Would he cost that much though if Southampton go down? I’d have thought he’s exactly the kind of profile player Howe would love to coach. 

Maybe slightly less if they go down but not much less I'd imagine. Look how much we paid for Tino and that was with a horrible injury behind him. 

4 hours ago, black_n_white said:

I should probably just check back a page, but is this the lad who got that hattrick against our kids? Like 3 identical goals?

6 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

Name a good right sided forward available that’s the problem and was in the summer, we either unearth someone from the continent, or we’ll end up going for someone like Dibling.

I thought we had a real chance at Madueke right after Chelsea brought in Neto. 

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

Reckon Palmer is?

He might be if he keeps this up for longer, dunno. Even then, how many £100m transfers have their actually been?

Not that the number is actually important like, sorry :lol:

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

He might be if he keeps this up for longer, dunno. Even then, how many £100m transfers have their actually been?

I suppose it depends if we're talking about what a player is worth to the club or what a player is worth to sell. The likes of Foden, Bellingham etc are worth £100m but they're not gonna get sold are they.

47 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Not that the number is actually important like, sorry :lol:

One.  Enzo Fernandez to Chelsea for €121.00m.  Grealish and Declan Rice were just under that amount.  

4 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

One.  Enzo Fernandez to Chelsea for €121.00m.  Grealish and Declan Rice were just under that amount.  

been more than one unless you’re just referring to English clubs buying?