NUFC Transfer Rumours

17 minutes ago, vexred said:

Not surprised by that really.

His age and experience probably makes him one of our more valuable assets that we could let go to raise funds.

I'm not sure how much interest he'll garner at this point though, with his recent long injury layoff and poor form.

I imagine we'd want at least £25 million for him minimum, but not sure if anyone bids that currently.

He should probably join a team that doesn't play such an intense style, as his body doesn't seem to hold up.

Could maybe see him at a West Ham or Fulham.

Edited by KaKa

6 hours ago, KaKa said:

His age and experience probably makes him one of our more valuable assets that we could let go to raise funds.

I'm not sure how much interest he'll garner at this point though, with his recent long injury layoff and poor form.

I imagine we'd want at least £25 million for him minimum, but not sure if anyone bids that currently.

He should probably join a team that doesn't play such an intense style, as his body doesn't seem to hold up.

Agreed can see someone coming in for him. You can see Miley starting ahead of him too when he’s back fully fit and Willock seems to do better in the past certainly from the bench too. 

6 hours ago, KaKa said:

Common Kaka W.

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

Mokhbel was on loaded mags last night and said a couple of things I thought worthy of posting. 

1, Mark Guehi was the only CB Eddie wanted, it was him or nobody. 

2, we did make a deadline day bid for Elanga. 

Quite concerning if true. Again based on Mitchell’s interview post deadline, there should be no chance we go back in for either.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Quite concerning if true. Again based on Mitchell’s interview post deadline, there should be no chance we go back in for either.

No idea if Sami knows ought mind, and I do think Elanga is decent but I'm not sure hes what we need 

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

No idea if Sami knows ought mind, and I do think Elanga is decent but I'm not sure hes what we need 

I know he’s pretty much tier one for London sides, not sure that would mean he would know Guehi was our only target. 

I know he’s pretty much tier one for London sides, not sure that would mean he would know Guehi was our only target. 

Absolutely aye, not sure how he could Know that however the extent we went to try and get him does indicate it to be true imo. 

He also said we were amongst many clubs keeping an eye on Eze. 

Just now, r0cafella said:

Absolutely aye, not sure how he could Know that however the extent we went to try and get him does indicate it to be true imo. 

He also said we were amongst many clubs keeping an eye on Eze. 

Massive fan of Eze but doesn’t he mainly play of the left ?

Aye, my thoughts as well (maybe Saudi), I’d sell if someone did mind.

I like Barnes a lot, his goal threat is only rivalled by Isak. I do feel it was right player wrong time though. I guess he was the Gordon doesn't work out backup plan. 

Anyways better not go to deep on something mentioned by Simon Bird. :lol:

25 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Mokhbel was on loaded mags last night and said a couple of things I thought worthy of posting. 

1, Mark Guehi was the only CB Eddie wanted, it was him or nobody. 

2, we did make a deadline day bid for Elanga. 

1. Isn’t true. We made bids for Thiaw earlier in the summer.

2. We did… but we’d been speaking with Forest back and forth over him since May. Don’t know for sure if there were other bids made in that time, but there was a lot of dialogue between the clubs.

Just now, Shadow Puppets said:

1. Isn’t true. We made bids for Thiaw earlier in the summer.

2. We did… but we’d been speaking with Forest back and forth over him since May. Don’t know for sure if there were other bids made in that time, but there was a lot of dialogue between the clubs.

Cool thanks for sharing your insights. How do you feel about thes two proposed players?

22 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Fwiw, (probably nothing as it was Simon Bird) but he was on a podcast with one of the Chronicle journalists suggesting Barnes could be sold.

18 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

I find this highly unlikely. Who would pay us we paid for him? 

Barnes record for us and his start to the season likely makes him very attractive to other clubs.

We paid £40 million right? 

He's still only 26. Think we'd easily get that money back.

Pretty much guarantees a decent output in the Premier League and is good enough to be starting every week.

11 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Barnes record for us and his start to the season likely makes him very attractive to other clubs.

We paid £40 million right? 

He's still only 26. Think we'd easily get that money back.

Pretty much guarantees a decent output in the Premier League and is good enough to be starting every week.

I'm not so sure. Yes his record is great but how many clubs are these days willing to spend 40m on a player's who's only going to depreciate? 

24 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

I'm not so sure. Yes his record is great but how many clubs are these days willing to spend 40m on a player's who's only going to depreciate? 

Surely a few would for a 26 year old with his Premier League output?

How much did Joachim Andersen move to Fulham for again, around £30 million? He's 28 and is a defender. 

For goals and assists teams typically pay more and he's younger.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Surely a few would for a 26 year old with his Premier League output?

How much did Joachim Andersen move to Fulham for again, around £30 million? He's 28 and is a defender. 

For goals and assists teams typically pay more and he's younger.

Fair fair, I see that. Let's see how this plays out as I'm not convinced Bird has a clue. 

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Should have done it this past summer. Maybe we get away with a £40 million deal.

I think now we're looking at £50 million at least.

Maybe we could send Barnes the other way as part of the deal. Could see him at Brentford.

Mbeumo is a really interesting one. On paper it seems great, proven performer who is ready to take the next step. The question I do have is he the player who is going to be affective against low blocks? can he score and create? Also if true, are we willing and able to pay the good old premier league tax?

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Should have done it this past summer. Maybe we get away with a £40 million deal.

I think now we're looking at £50 million at least.

Maybe we could send Barnes the other way as part of the deal. Could see him at Brentford.

Barnes at Brentford could be lethal. I'd take Lewis Potter as part of the deal though.