NUFC Transfer Rumours

2 hours ago, r0cafella said:

Mokhbel was on loaded mags last night and said a couple of things I thought worthy of posting. 

1, Mark Guehi was the only CB Eddie wanted, it was him or nobody. 

2, we did make a deadline day bid for Elanga. 

This is why I struggle to have any sympathy for Howe when it comes to the summer.

Edited by Danh1

2 hours ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Agreed can see someone coming in for him. You can see Miley starting ahead of him too when he’s back fully fit and Willock seems to do better in the past certainly from the bench too. 

On paper a Willock sale makes pretty strong sense, but given his injuries I'd be shocked to get much for him. Relative to what could've been. The club can't be blamed for this one, but it's yet another frustrating case of trying to move a player on after their appeal has dive-bombed.

If we could get back what we paid for Barnes in the summer, I'd take it. I don't see him really being used better here and it's a PSR profit that can be used to strengthen trickier parts of the squad. I feel bad for him over how things have worked out here, his career is slowly suffocating at the moment - again, not totally our fault, but still.

How much did Fulham pay for ESR this summer? Possibly better player but similar injury history so arguably similar price? Loved Willock in the season we finished 4th, the Jo's combining on the left was some of the best football I've seen at St. James' since Keegan's team

2 minutes ago, Monters said:

How much did Fulham pay for ESR this summer? Possibly better player but similar injury history so arguably similar price? Loved Willock in the season we finished 4th, the Jo's combining on the left was some of the best football I've seen at St. James' since Keegan's team

£27m + potential £7m supposedly. 

I figure we'd be looking at £20-odd million up front for Willock. Agree with what you say at the end though, if his hamstring hadn't exploded it'd have been more like £50m+.

2 minutes ago, 80 said:

£27m + potential £7m supposedly. 

I figure we'd be looking at £20-odd million up front for Willock. Agree with what you say at the end though, if his hamstring hadn't exploded it'd have been more like £50m+.

Thanks - I thought I had read £35 million somewhere that seemed crazy so that would make sense... The lesser London teams always seem to pay extra for their bigger neighbors cast offs but £25 mill for Joe would certainly help PSR but sentimental me would be disappointed to see him go...

Good job I'm not in charge as we'd have a squad of 50 and lose 20 points a season to PSR ;D

3 minutes ago, lovejoy said:

Mbuemo has been Howe’s top target for that position since he came (it was Brennan Johnson but the club didn’t agree).

My guess is he’ll be out of reach financially now.

What since the takeover?! That's surprising to hear.

We could have got Mbeumo for a decent fee back then and Brentford do the whole money ball thing so are willing sellers as long as a fee is agreed on.

Wonder why we never went for him before now.

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

What since the takeover?! That's surprising to hear.

We could have got Mbeumo for a decent fee back then and Brentford do the whole money ball thing so are willing sellers as long as a fee is agreed on.

Wonder why we never went for him before now.

I was literally about to post requesting your feedback on this :laugh:

Edited by 80

31 minutes ago, lovejoy said:

Mbuemo has been Howe’s top target for that position since he came (it was Brennan Johnson but the club didn’t agree).

Really? I think £60-65m gets it done TBH, so not out of our reach 

3 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

I know he’s pretty much tier one for London sides, not sure that would mean he would know Guehi was our only target. 

It's pretty much common knowledge anyway. Why else would we have kept increasing our bids to daft levels.

11 minutes ago, KaKa said:

It's pretty baffling :icon_scratch:

I mean, we have to take the source for what it's worth, but it's one of the reasons I'm reluctant to lay blame at Eddie's door without clearer evidence. 

There could be all kinds of things underlying the moves we have and haven't made (or heard about) e.g. club to club relationships, other transfer committee members like Ashworth, maybe PIF sticking their oar in...

We're trying to interpret things in a fog, a lot of the time.

2 hours ago, lovejoy said:

Is there a source for that? 

From a pure football/performance perspective Mbuemo would be great.

Taking a more holistic view of him as a target, we'd be buying him at peak value, at an age where his value is most likely only going to decrease, and on top of that require a level of investment that will prohibit us from adding "oven ready (:anguish:)" players to other positions for at least both January and summer transfer windows. Not sure we are in a position to do that unless we sell one of our key players considering that we know we'll need significant investment for center back position, and also need to get replacements for Wilson and Trippier as back-ups/prospects for Isak and Livramento.

25 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Is there a source for that? 

First I'm hearing of it. Considering Howe would have had the almost unquestioned backing of Staveley to buy him at a much reduced price, it seems unlikely.

3 hours ago, PauloGeordio said:

Yes please. Probably too dear even if true!

Been my top RW choice since summer 23 but with our clear change in style I’m not as convinced now. He’d still be a massive upgrade there obviously.

Olise would have been the perfect signing.

1 hour ago, Nine said:

Been my top RW choice since summer 23 but with our clear change in style I’m not as convinced now. He’d still be a massive upgrade there obviously.

Olise would have been the perfect signing.

Same. Love Mbuemo - can't believe he doesn't get more attention in the media.