NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Seen quite a few here and there saying that we don’t need more midfielders as we have him, him and him and them for midfield. Do some people not realise that we with absolute 100% certainty have ambition to evolve and improve and grow as a club and aim to become one of the best in Europe? The club WILL always look to improve and get rid of players not considered to be good enough for where we are going. It’s not kinder garden footie. Having the likes of say Miley and Anderson just to name two won’t stop us from looking to improve at first opportunity possible. I like all of our players in different ways, but there will be a time when will offload player X that we like and player X who in the past has served us well and so on. With that said, we might not make progress in every area in every window. But close to as we are starting to have a decent squad. But we will get rid of players to get better.

Edited by Ikon

1 hour ago, ponsaelius said:

For Neves I think you'd do a loan with a small fee with a buy option in the summer. 

In that context I honestly don't see how it can be disputed if we're paying his wages. It's no different in reality to another signing where player is signed for big fee but becomes unsettled and ends up leaving in such a way.

It's going to be a common story with a lot of Saudi League players anyway. We might as well get involved just like we did in selling Maxi.

Would we be paying his £300k a week wages though? 

Pif owend clubs Al-Ittihad, Al-Ahli, Al-Nassr, and Al-Hilal.

So are we saying technically we could sign any of the below?

Koulibaly

Neves

Mitrovic 

Neymar (injured)

Milinkovic Savic

Malcom 

Micheal

Benzema

Fabinho

Kante 

Luiz Felipe

Coronado

Romarinho 

Grohe 

Mahrez

Firmino 

Ibanez

Mendy

Gabri Veiga

Saint-Maximin [emoji38] ( Top Fewm )

Kessie 

Demiral 

Fofana

Ronaldo 

Mane

Telles 

Otavio

Laporte

Brozovic

Talisca

Some list to choose from if there were absolutely no boundaries. 

Edited by mighty__mag

12 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Nico Williams, Sesko, Thuram, Javi Guerra, Schlotterbeck and Antonio Silva are the level of players we need to be looking at to take us to the next level.

Sesko is going to be an excellent player.

4 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Neves, Benzema and Mahres.

ASM for the tears [emoji38]

Seriously though, I'd love to see what Kante would do in our side, what he could bring under a manager like Eddie, and the chance to unleash Bruno slightly advanced.

Only concerns over any of the players out in Saudi,would be the fitness levels, will they still be putting in the really hard training, when they know the opposition they face each week are much weaker than previous leagues they have all played in.

Edited by mighty__mag

Total guess, but I reckon there’s zero chance of the club loaning from the KSA league.  Two reasons - the KSA league is the PIF’s priority, and the club won’t want the inevitable pissing, whining and moaning from the rest of the PL, especially Liverpool and Spurs.  To date, they’ve been playing everything by the book. 

38 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Pif owend clubs Al-Ittihad, Al-Ahli, Al-Nassr, and Al-Hilal.

So are we saying technically we could sign any of the below?

Koulibaly

Neves

Mitrovic 

Neymar (injured)

Milinkovic Savic

Malcom 

Micheal

Benzema

Fabinho

Kante 

Luiz Felipe

Coronado

Romarinho 

Grohe 

Mahrez

Firmino 

Ibanez

Mendy

Gabri Veiga

Saint-Maximin [emoji38] ( Top Fewm )

Kessie 

Demiral 

Fofana

Ronaldo 

Mane

Telles 

Otavio

Laporte

Brozovic

Talisca

Some list to choose from if there were absolutely no boundaries. 

Mitrovic....just for the bantz lol.....although it would be interesting to see what EH could get out of him, as he's basically a much better version of Chris Wood

29 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Total guess, but I reckon there’s zero chance of the club loaning from the KSA league.  Two reasons - the KSA league is the PIF’s priority, and the club won’t want the inevitable pissing, whining and moaning from the rest of the PL, especially Liverpool and Spurs.  To date, they’ve been playing everything by the book. 

I think they'd tolerate it if there was a chance of us going deeper into the Champions League...raises attention to their highest profile football asset (like it or not, yes we are) which in turn increases attention to their own league which I suppose is ultimately their aim

11 hours ago, Ikon said:

Been lots of noise about Nico Williams. His contract expires in the summer too. He might be Barca bound though, despite them having that 16 year old.

It somehow feels like there's a lot of left sided attackers but i struggle to come up with too many for the right. Neto would have been class (injuries though)

Maybe that japanese guy at Sociedad.

We were also linked with Johan Bakayoko at PSV who has looked really good.

There were also some links with Ferran Torres over the summer, who is right footed but is very good on the right side.

42 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

ASM for the tears [emoji38]

Seriously though, I'd love to see what Kante would do in our side, what he could bring under a manager like Eddie, and the chance to unleash Bruno slightly advanced.

Only concerns over any of the players out in Saudi,would be the fitness levels, will they still be putting in the really hard training, when they know the opposition they face each week are much weaker than previous leagues they have all played in.

Good shout! Eddie would have them drilled into shape soon enough. “It’s shape up or ship out” nowadays! [emoji38]

We’ve already dealt with the Saudi league. We sold them ASM. So we already have a relationship with one of their clubs and we have both benefitted from dealing with each other, money has changed hands between us.

I don’t see why we should be prevented from recruiting players from there after this. The takeover being waived through was the biggest milestone passed with regards to our relationship with PIF and the state so for me anything after that shouldn’t have any problems. 

if market value is in line with what other clubs would be paying for KSA league players, there’s no sweeteners, no underhandedness etc then it’d be totally unfair to say PL clubs can buy KSA league players… except Newcastle. 

FWIW I’d question Neves’ motivation. He’s obviously gone for the money to what is ostensibly a start up league, as have they all, in the prime of his career. If we’d be expected to pay his wages then it’s a non-starter and I’d be unsure of a loan with an option to buy because I find it unlikely that he’s a long term target, and if not it would diverge away from our usual methods when it comes to scouting and recruitment. I’d fine it far more likely we’d go for Phillips. 

1 hour ago, Ikon said:

Seen quite a few here and there saying that we don’t need more midfielders as we have him, him and him and them for midfield. Do some people not realise that we with absolute 100% certainty have ambition to evolve and improve and grow as a club and aim to become one of the best in Europe? The club WILL always look to improve and get rid of players not considered to be good enough for where we are going. It’s not kinder garden footie. Having the likes of say Miley and Anderson just to name two won’t stop us from looking to improve at first opportunity possible. I like all of our players in different ways, but there will be a time when will offload player X that we like and player X who in the past has served us well and so on. With that said, we might not make progress in every area in every window. But close to as we are starting to have a decent squad. But we will get rid of players to get better.

Good point! I made a post about us having him, him him etc in midfield that you refer to, my line of thinking is that it is our strongest area (providing they are fit and not suspended) with RW, Keeper, CB and probably another striker a more urgent priority next window 

But it is an interesting question, which midfielder or midfielders are we most likely to sell in future so we can make such progress? 

36 minutes ago, janpawel said:

Good point! I made a post about us having him, him him etc in midfield that you refer to, my line of thinking is that it is our strongest area (providing they are fit and not suspended) with RW, Keeper, CB and probably another striker a more urgent priority next window 

But it is an interesting question, which midfielder or midfielders are we most likely to sell in future so we can make such progress? 

I meant the talk in general, but yeah your post made think of what i have thought about posting on a couple of occasions. I totally agree about the next window as I don’t see us signing too many players really, and probably no massive signing. IF it happens then I can only see one, if that. Maybe not these two players but it’s not entirely impossible that we sign say two 20-25m players like Leonardo and Dragusin for example. Especially depending on the outcome of Botmans injury. I just named two that we have been linked with that might fit the bill and strengthen our options. I doubt that we will go for a CM unless Howe absolutely wants someone like say Kalvin Phillips for the long term and if he is available for loan with an option to buy. Having said this it wouldn’t surprise me if we decided to keep our powder dry and go big time in the summer instead. But yeah no idea about the current room when it comes to ffp.

Next summer I think that we will sign a CM though, at the very latest. I see Bruno, Willock, Joelinton, Tonali, Longstaff plus another top quality CM being key members of the team/squad going into next season. Wouldn’t surprise me to see Anderson and Miley going out on loan next season. Anderson to a PL side hopefully and see how that goes before his long term is being decided. It’s impossible to say for sure as we have no clue what “budget” we will have next season. RW should be top priority. But another CB and a young striker is very much needed too. The Windows after that, i genuinely don’t know who might leave.

Edited by Ikon

1 hour ago, Ikon said:

I meant the talk in general, but yeah your post made think of what i have thought about posting on a couple of occasions. I totally agree about the next window as I don’t see us signing too many players really, and probably no massive signing. IF it happens then I can only see one, if that. Maybe not these two players but it’s not entirely impossible that we sign say two 20-25m players like Leonardo and Dragusin for example. Especially depending on the outcome of Botmans injury. I just named two that we have been linked with that might fit the bill and strengthen our options. I doubt that we will go for a CM unless Howe absolutely wants someone like say Kalvin Phillips for the long term and if he is available for loan with an option to buy. Having said this it wouldn’t surprise me if we decided to keep our powder dry and go big time in the summer instead. But yeah no idea about the current room when it comes to ffp.

Next summer I think that we will sign a CM though, at the very latest. I see Bruno, Willock, Joelinton, Tonali, Longstaff plus another top quality CM being key members of the team/squad going into next season. Wouldn’t surprise me to see Anderson and Miley going out on loan next season. Anderson to a PL side hopefully and see how that goes before his long term is being decided. It’s impossible to say for sure as we have no clue what “budget” we will have next season. RW should be top priority. But another CB and a young striker is very much needed too. The Windows after that, i genuinely don’t know who might leave.

I’m unconvinced by Joelinton in CM tbh. He’s excellent wide left with Willock behind

Edited by TheBrownBottle
Wide not wife. Fucking predictive text

2 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I’m unconvinced by Joelinton in CM tbh. He’s excellent wide left with Willock behind

Whilst I think he is brilliant and has a unique role in our team, I certainly think his ceiling is lower than the likes of Willock, Tonali (presumably) and Bruno. 

I loved the big Joe / little Joe rotation we had last season, but the fact we now have Gordon and Barnes for the LW suggests this won't be the plan going forwards

12 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

That and these players are all on at least double our wage limit.