NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

3 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

it’s not rose tinted glasses at all.

ive got 20 years experience as an accountant, including as a big 4 auditor who audited Man U and a couple of rugby clubs. I’ve also advised Swansea City and am a CFO.

I know how sports finances work and can sort through the boring crap that sets out the rules on FFP.

the guy or gal in charge of the finances at the club will also be well on top of this and will also be a lot closer than me to the areas where they can maximise the exemptions available.

the Hall deal tells you that we had no more room to buy anyone, but the fact we did it when we did tells you that they have a financial plan that keeps them compliant.

if that plan involved selling someone, we would have done it

Actually what happened is we flirted on the brink. Thinking FFP wouldn’t really come in and then Everton and Forrest got their arses handed to them by the PL.

Thus most teams in the PL have reacted in a negative way and said. Fuck this shit is real.

1 minute ago, Isaksbigrightfoot said:

Hence why we are trying to sell players. P.S you don’t know what I do for a living.

I guarantee you 100% we are on the brink of FFP breach. As it stands right now.

Bayern bid for Trips at an amount that would give a decent profit in the year for him. We turned it down.

We won’t get a higher price for Miggy or Wilson than we would now. If we are looking to sell either one it is either to buy now or to add to the pot for the summer.

again, if we needed to sell we would have by now.

yes we are close to the limit but we are not past it.

and I can see enough to know you don’t work in finance, have just started out or are pretty bad at it 😊

3 minutes ago, Isaksbigrightfoot said:

Actually what happened is we flirted on the brink. Thinking FFP wouldn’t really come in and then Everton and Forrest got their arses handed to them by the PL.

Thus most teams in the PL have reacted in a negative way and said. Fuck this shit is real.

we didn’t flirt on the brink at all.

they knew that between the takeover and 30th June last year they had a certain amount to spend and worked within it.

they also knew they had a certain amount this year, and have worked to it.

It’s called business planning and they’ve done it whilst being whiter than white with the rules (other than our shithousery on the pitch of course)

8 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

Bayern bid for Trips at an amount that would give a decent profit in the year for him. We turned it down.

We won’t get a higher price for Miggy or Wilson than we would now. If we are looking to sell either one it is either to buy now or to add to the pot for the summer.

again, if we needed to sell we would have by now.

yes we are close to the limit but we are not past it.

and I can see enough to know you don’t work in finance, have just started out or are pretty bad at it 😊

lol your wrong. But hey. Let’s see what happens eh. You must be a shite auditor by the way.

10 minutes ago, Isaksbigrightfoot said:

Noted. No more.

Lets just see what happens shall we.

”smug look and ready too gloat in 6 days time”.

Shouldn't this really be one of those occasions where you hope you're wrong? Rather than gloating about the team you support being unable to strengthen at a crucial point in the season?

Just now, Isaksbigrightfoot said:

lol your wrong. But hey. Let’s see what happens eh. You must be a shite auditor by the way.

Oh and your clearly not a good auditor because I didn’t say we where past the FFP threshold yet. That we are close. And that this season we will without sales possibly breach it.

No abuse backwards needed. Let’s just see how things unfold.

1 minute ago, Isaksbigrightfoot said:

What are your thoughts on Rafa Benitez, out of interest? 

Just now, sushimonster85 said:

Shouldn't this really be one of those occasions where you hope you're wrong? Rather than gloating about the team you support being unable to strengthen at a crucial point in the season?

Oh I absolutely hope I am wrong. But I know I am right.

Just hope we make the right sales.

8 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

we didn’t flirt on the brink at all.

they knew that between the takeover and 30th June last year they had a certain amount to spend and worked within it.

they also knew they had a certain amount this year, and have worked to it.

It’s called business planning and they’ve done it whilst being whiter than white with the rules (other than our shithousery on the pitch of course)

They also didn’t see the harsh punishment on Everton and Forrest.

And they may have just shit the bed.

There is nothing wrong with speculating to accumulate. But I think we are closer to the wire than some might want to believe.

49 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

it’s not rose tinted glasses at all.

ive got 20 years experience as an accountant, including as a big 4 auditor who audited Man U and a couple of rugby clubs. I’ve also advised Swansea City and am a CFO.

I know how sports finances work and can sort through the boring crap that sets out the rules on FFP.

the guy or gal in charge of the finances at the club will also be well on top of this and will also be a lot closer than me to the areas where they can maximise the exemptions available.

the Hall deal tells you that we had no more room to buy anyone, but the fact we did it when we did tells you that they have a financial plan that keeps them compliant.

if that plan involved selling someone, we would have done it

please tell me it was Saracens…..

Newcastle could sell English striker Callum Wilson, 31, for just £18m in the final week of the January transfer window, with Chelsea, Arsenal and Manchester United all alerted to his availability. (Standard)

Newcastle United are closely monitoring Nottingham Forest's English forward Morgan Gibbs-White, 23, for a January move. (Football Insider)

14 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

Newcastle could sell English striker Callum Wilson, 31, for just £18m in the final week of the January transfer window, with Chelsea, Arsenal and Manchester United all alerted to his availability. (Standard)

Newcastle United are closely monitoring Nottingham Forest's English forward Morgan Gibbs-White, 23, for a January move. (Football Insider)

I'd take that, great finisher but he's injured for over half the season, every season and he's 31. 18 mil would essentially be 54 million re FFP purposes.

7 minutes ago, Mountain said:

I'd take that, great finisher but he's injured for over half the season, every season and he's 31. 18 mil would essentially be 54 million re FFP purposes.

I love how people just assume they can x a transfer by 3 for FFP purposes and that’s it [emoji38]