NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Tosin has improved ten fold last few years - he's a very good defender. In the right setup he would slot in just fine which speaks volumes for his ability rather than our back 4.

7 hours ago, buzza said:

Kelly has pace, is only 25 and with eddie's guidance will become the next kyle walker!!!

AND FOR FREE

"Free" is never free. Usually, it just means taking <50% of the transfer value and giving it as an addition to the agent and the player.  

16 hours ago, KaKa said:

Why is Kelly dead wood? Crikey [emoji38]

Why are players from smaller clubs always looked down upon this way man?

Anyway, let's see if he comes in, then we'll see what he does. I think there will be some backtracking yet again.

It's the same way both Gordon and Barnes were vastly underestimated on here when we signed both, but we've seen a very different reality.

When Liverpool were signing the likes of Robertson and Henderson that ended up being such significant pieces for them in their first team, same thing.

”Why are players always looked down upon this way?”

NO! I’m not looking down down on him. Here’s the thing! A few posts earlier than the one you replied to I said that I’d be fine with Kelly as we need bodies in but that id want a CB of higher quality too. Especially IF Kelly can be signed for little money involved. Because then when/IF we outgrow him we can still get good money for him, but  there’s also a risk with wages/injuries but it’s a path we might need to take because of ffp and two ACL injuries to CB’s. Hopefully an amazing signing of it happens. Not impossible. 

Probably wasn’t very clear at all in the post you quoted me in but the “ “ around the word dead wood wasn’t there for no reason. I don’t see him as dead wood as such, but I used the word because IDEALLY —>  if we could afford to then I’d like us to either go for top quality 1st team players, such as Bruno, Isak and so on, as well as young players with undeniable potential that can be used for rotation in the beginning until they eventually/hopefully force their way into the team and become key players and still have massive room to develop and grow with the club for years to come. With Kelly there’s a chance that it would take high wages and if he’s injured a lot then it might be difficult to get rid of him. The reason Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool and clubs like that get rid of their younger players quite easily and also get good money for them is because they have lots of potential even if not quite enough quality at the time being so it’s hard to get enough game time to develop. That combined with being on relatively low wages as well makes them much more easy to sell than a say 27+ year old player on high wages, especially if injury prone. (I just put 27 as an example, because he would probably be here for at least 2 years if we signed him). We probably have to take the risk going this route, but ideally if possible then I’d go another path as mentioned further up. 

Edited by Ikon

6 hours ago, mighty__mag said:

Yes we'll have him.

My God this is so enticing.

The injury history and drop off the last year or so, likely gives us a pretty good chance of being in play for him, as perhaps doubts now exist at other clubs that would be much tougher competition.

The price doing the rounds is £40 million, which is exceptional value for the calibre of player he is. He also fits in very well as he can play on the right, left or upfront. He's just 26 years old too.

For where we currently are I think I would do this deal if possible. The upside is impossibly high if it works out well. 

I’d take a top drawer centre back like Scalvini or Diomande above Gibbs-White this summer, not as exciting but if you add Sesko as well it would massively strengthen spine of team and free Isak to play across front 3 if required.

15 minutes ago, STM said:

Out of the two, Tosin would be my choice. He's an absolute monster.

He's so underrated. I actually recall Pep wanting him to stay, but he chose to move on to play more.

The thing I like about both he and Kelly is that I think they'd suit the way we play really well. 

Both are big, quick, good on the ball and use the ball well too.

29 minutes ago, KaKa said:

II've seen a lot of people on here talk about wanting Tomori, but when he was leaving Chelsea, I'm sure if we had gone for him, some would have said we shouldn't be buying cast offs from Chelsea. 

Im not watching much Milan games, but Tomori is the best CB we have met this season. Why isnt he linked away for 70m? Much rather him than Brantwaite for the same sum.

Edited by nufc123

I’ve always loved Chiesa and his style of play and attributes. I don’t see us going this path though as he’s already 26 plus and there’s perhaps too much of a risk in signing him for say 40m with not much resale value in a few years, or no value at all if he doesn’t succeed. I think we are much more likely to spend this money on a players that is 24 or younger, most likely 20-22 year old that is already proven and has an almost guaranteed uphill path. 

Maybe not this exact player who we have been linked with, but Nico Williams for example is what, 21? Has a release clause just over 40m. Like I said, an example, but a player in this kind of bracket seems more likely. He might not want to leave and also have other top clubs after him. Say it was possible to sign him and he cost 55m for example then I think we would be much more likely to do this deal than 40m for Chiesa. 

Just now, nufc123 said:

Im not watching much Milan games, but Tomori is the best CB we have met this season. Why isnt he linked away for 70m? Much rather him than Brantwhite for the same sum.

I think at this point it would be very difficult to get him out of Milan.

2 minutes ago, Ikon said:

I’ve always loved Chiesa and his style of play and attributes. I don’t see us going this path though as he’s already 26 plus and there’s perhaps too much of a risk in signing him for say 40m with not much resale value in a few years, or no value at all if he doesn’t succeed. I think we are much more likely to spend this money on a players that is 24 or younger, most likely 20-22 year old that is already proven and has an almost guaranteed uphill path. 

Maybe not this exact player who we have been linked with, but Nico Williams for example is what, 21? Has a release clause just over 40m. Like I said, an example, but a player in this kind of bracket seems more likely. He might not want to leave and also have other top clubs after him. Say it was possible to sign him and he cost 55m for example then I think we would be much more likely to do this deal than 40m for Chiesa. 

Yeah, I could see this being the case. Perhaps if FFP wasn't such a big consideration we'd be more likely to go for it, but with it being a thing, the risk is perhaps too great.

5 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I think at this point it would be very difficult to get him out of Milan.

Im not talking only about us. Manu should be all over him. He doesnt pop up in any of the transfer rumours. National team seem to have forgot him.

Edited by nufc123

9 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Im not watching much Milan games, but Tomori is the best CB we have met this season. Why isnt he linked away for 70m? Much rather him than Brantwaite for the same sum.

We won't be spending £70m on a CB.

Wouldn’t mind us taking a punt on Pavlovic at RB Salzburg. Only seen him for the national team though so not a lot. Supposed to have done really well at RB since his move from Monaco (I think it was). 

2 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Im not talking only about us. Manu should be all over him. He doesnt pop up in any of the transfer rumours. National team seem to have forgot him.

I think it will be tough for anyone to get him. If any top clubs go in for him they are likely asking for even more money.

20 minutes ago, TRon said:

We won't be spending £70m on a CB.

No but Braintwaite is linked away for that sum so was just a comparison.

Edited by nufc123

Just now, KaKa said:

I think it will be tough for anyone to get him. If any top clubs go in for him they are likely asking for even more money.

Strange he doesnt play international games. 

15 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

So if the reports are true what role/position does Chiesa want to play? If it's left winger not much point buying him.

He was being used at wing back at times and wasn't happy about it.

The amount of players the various outlets feed us with each day as a target or interested party is getting towards stupid season now.

Clickbait seems to have overtaken real stories with foundations ...at the stage now where Newsnow infuriates rather than informs....am I really turning into Victor Meldrew? 😱

Out of interest, anyone who has watched and rates Tosin able to tell me how he plays? 

Is he aggressive or more of an organiser, does he have the pace our CB's lack etc 

Can't say I've ever paid attention to him! 

Newcastle and Liverpool have entered the race to sign Sporting Lisbon's 20-year-old Ivory Coast defender Ousmane Diomande, who is also wanted by Chelsea. (Football Transfers)

Newcastle have sent scouts to watch Boca Juniors' 22-year-old Argentine midfielder Kevin Zenon and 23-year-old Argentine defender Nicolas Valentini. (HITC)

18 hours ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

Aye. Andy Cole and Les Ferdinand were wank. And don’t get me started on that plank we signed from Vancouver. 

I live in Vancouver and there’s a pub with all this authentic Beardsley memorabilia signed and everything. Super cool.