NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

It's obviously more important we get the right player but I do hope that if it's at all possible we get our new RW through the door sooner rather than later.

Would love him to be bedded in and ready to go for the Southampton opening game.

Feels like the other additions will likely be bedded in slowly.

3 minutes ago, Ikon said:

We will go for quality before quantity, you can bet your house on it. Maybe a very promising youngster or two to fill in. 

I think so too. RW being the priority for me.

However it seems that after Olise, there isn't really an obvious RW option in the market for a club in our position. 

- We're probably not looking at players who already earn more than ~150k 

- We won't pay big money for somebody that is older than 27-28

- Eddie prefers athletic players with potential to grow and motivation to improve

That probably leaves a list of max. 20-25 players who might be available to us and have the ability to start at RW for a team fighting for top 4/5.

The best ones on the market probably wouldn't sign for us now - Niko Williams, Olmo, Eze.. the next level are probably players like Bowen, Neto, Mbeumo who all have a question marks for the prices they'd demand.

16 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Nope, not even similar heights. MGW is taller.

They are pretty much the same height there. Probably about an inch in it [emoji38]

anyway Forest website has MGW down as 171 and various places have gnonto around 170-172. 

Edited by gdm