NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 minute ago, Rocker said:

If he wants to stay, then I'd love it for him to stay.

If he wants to go, let him go. We can't afford a half-arsed, aging player. 

On big money. Not just the potential fee, it’s freeing up a top earner spot. His experience has been great though, up until December last year he was incredible.

Sad to see him go, he's not past it yet and still one of the best passers in our team. His first time crosses are lethal.

Clearly has things going on outside of football so looks like it's best for all parties that he leaves whilst we can still get a half decent return on him.

Hall & Livramento as our full-backs for years to come is pretty exciting. Hopefully.

49 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

Chelsea want around £30m for Chalobah.

I'm sure a deal can be made for £20m with some add ons. I really would prefer him and if Botman comes back the player of 22-23 season, it's a good combo. Both like 6ft 4, Chalobah with the pace, Botman with the long passes. Both at good ages for a partnership for seasons to come. Added option of emergency cover at RB too.

Think there's value also in a guy who will have a point to prove and likely has England ambitions.

Every time I've watched him I like what I see. He's such a calm and composed defender.

Was also very surprised how decent he looked at right back when played there last season.

I think Chelsea are nuts to be looking to get rid of him, and the fans seem pissed off about it.

I fully expect him to follow the same path the likes of Guehi, Tomori and Ake have once he leaves.

It's strange because I'd be confident he could play at a high level next season if he stayed.

Thing is that Livramento is good enough that he needs to be playing every game as first choice in his best position.

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Saw a link to another right back yesterday. Marc Pubill from Almeria.

Similar to Kayode it's another younger player with experience that would likely rotate with Tino should Trippier leave.

FootballInsider, saw it and ruled it out. Think he’s more likely for a Bologna or Genoa like the article mentioned.

I am at peace with whatever happens with Trippier. Think he'd be useful to keep for experience and quality and reckon he still has another season in him. Also worry slightly with relying on Krafth as a back up.

But equally if we can get a solid fee, big wages off, then it actually makes perfect sense to let him go now. He's shown physical decline which is only going to accelerate.

4 minutes ago, OCK said:

If Trippier hadn't had those awful moments last season and a really mediocre Euros, I would be upset. But as it is... it is what it is. 

I thought he was pretty ordinary at the Euros, definitely not mediocre. He'd came back from a lengthy spell out injured and shunted out of position. Definitely didn't do much wrong but certainly wasn't any threat going forward.

30 minutes ago, Shak said:

It's strange because I'd be confident he could play at a high level next season if he stayed.

I think so too but this is what being "good sellers" is about. We can't wait until someone can't do it any more and hope there's a market for them.

Fortunately as you say we've got Livramento waiting in the wings and I don't think anyone would be disappointed if he starts.

13 minutes ago, OCK said:

If Trippier hadn't had those awful moments last season and a really mediocre Euros, I would be upset. But as it is... it is what it is. 

that's incredibly harsh, imo. he had a decent Euros playing out of position (and probably not fully fit) in a poor team.

he had a couple hairy moments last season, of course. but he had a few colossal performances too.

15 minutes ago, OCK said:

10 minutes ago, Fak said:

I thought he was pretty ordinary at the Euros, definitely not mediocre. He'd came back from a lengthy spell out injured and shunted out of position. Definitely didn't do much wrong but certainly wasn't any threat going forward.

I don't know. Considering he'd just had a totally "shit" season, got injured and.....checks notes....."his legs have gone, I thought he did alright. 

Playing out of position, in a major Championship, in a wonky team that got to the final isn't too bad, imho. 

1 minute ago, Groundhog63 said:

I don't know. Considering he'd just had a totally "shit" season, got injured and.....checks notes....."his legs have gone, I thought he did alright. 

Playing out of position, in a major Championship, in a wonky team that got to the final isn't too bad, imho. 

Agreed. Maybe ordinary wasn't the best description. He was a million miles away from his usual self but definitely didn't do anything wrong.

10 minutes ago, Big River said:

that's incredibly harsh, imo. he had a decent Euros playing out of position (and probably not fully fit) in a poor team.

he had a couple hairy moments last season, of course. but he had a few colossal performances too.

I don't think we can judge any player under Southgate, it's like the difference between Steve Bruce Schar and Rafa/Eddie Schar.