NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

4 hours ago, junkhead said:

You biiiitch [emoji38]

Of course he's on THE LIST. It contains EVERY player in Europe who is realistically attainable and ready to start for us on the wing in the fight for top 5. 

I'm sad enough to add a section for RCBs, so stay tuned (motherfucker)

IMG_4293.thumb.jpeg.0b2b8c0e3d88268abf2d67161b8aa3d7.jpeg

FWIW I've a friend from Turkey (named Emre, funnily enough) who is hugely into football and he's been of the opinion since last summer that the Madrid move was too early for Guler.

Top talent but a couple of years of having the team built around him would have been better than going to Madrid and trying to work his way into one.

Anyway, hard to see any way that Madrid let him go. Maybe a loan.

If we really don't have enough money to buy the CB, RW and back up striker we need as a minimum to progress, maybe we are looking to move Gordon on. If we could get around 80m it would give us the means to spend some serious cash and we already have an excellent player in Barnes who plays in AG position. Thoughts? Sensible ones preferably.

2 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

If we really don't have enough money to buy the CB, RW and back up striker we need as a minimum to progress, maybe we are looking to move Gordon on. If we could get around 80m it would give us the means to spend some serious cash and we already have an excellent player in Barnes who plays in AG position. Thoughts? Sensible ones preferably.

Would rather sign nobody 

The issue with that is that Gordon is already an extremely good LW but has the potential to become top five in the world due to his pace and his improvement in finishing last season. Barnes, while he can improve, is a lot more limited. Gordon will be worth more next season as well than he is right now 

Different dynamic. Barnes is arguably better at scoring but offers very little of everything else Gordon brings to the team. Personally wouldn’t touch this. 

6 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

Boil your head.

I was hoping this might start a measured intelligent nuanced discussion, however apparently not.

People are just not prepared to entertain losing a crown jewel. It’s bound to happen sooner rather than later though. Guess Bruno would be more likely considering age and profile.

Just now, Away Toon said:

I was hoping this might start a measured intelligent nuanced discussion, however apparently not.

I'll bite. While selling Gordon for 80M has it's upside, the squad morale and dressing room dynamic may take a dive. Gordon can play RW just fine although some on here just don't agree which is reasonable. I like Barnes alot and since I do not know the budget we have I'd not make that move unless the budget was zero. Flash will be a center piece next year.

18 minutes ago, Shak said:

FWIW I've a friend from Turkey (named Emre, funnily enough) who is hugely into football and he's been of the opinion since last summer that the Madrid move was too early for Guler.

Top talent but a couple of years of having the team built around him would have been better than going to Madrid and trying to work his way into one.

Anyway, hard to see any way that Madrid let him go. Maybe a loan.

A sale with buy back option might suit them. Say 5Om (they triple their money inside a year) with a 100m buy back option. Might suit all parties if Guler was interested.

Ah, who am I kidding? No chance whatsoever.

Sell Gordon. The idea is not that far fetched it sounds like we considered it already. Upgrade our CB options with a high class eventual replacement for Schar. Buy Raphinha or Madueke or someone similar for RW and replace Wilson with some young high potential striker. Probably still have some money left to avoid having to sell someone we don't want to lose next June. Not ideal for sure but we do appear to have serious PSR issues and will continue to do so going forward.

9 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

If we fail to qualify for the CL this season I can see quite a few of our purples wanting out.

We were told the same this summer. Though, I have feeling this could be our last season of Bruno regardless.

25 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

Would rather play Gordon on the right, get a cheap CB back up option, then buy an RW and CB next summer. 

21 minutes ago, gbandit said:

The issue with that is that Gordon is already an extremely good LW but has the potential to become top five in the world due to his pace and his improvement in finishing last season. Barnes, while he can improve, is a lot more limited. Gordon will be worth more next season as well than he is right now 

God a hate Southgate, fucking 3 subs left at the end of the Spain game. 

(A bit off topic like)

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Would rather play Gordon on the right, get a cheap CB back up option, then buy an RW and CB next summer. 

Not against that option at all, however Howe doesn't appear keen on Gordon playing RW and Barnes apparently can't play there.

32 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

Good players that you are having to convince to join your club tend to say no if they see you selling your better players.

2 minutes ago, Ikon said:

No, don’t think so,  just tagging him to look important I guess. 

I just had a look through the comments and apparently he said it on his podcast.

Not gonna stoop to actually listening through a Romano podcast though.