NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

2 hours ago, dcmk said:

Our biggest transfers recently have been Botman, Isak, Bruno and Tonali.

All from Europe. No PL experience .

Isak and Tonali only. Gordon and Barnes cost more than Bruno and Botman. 

15 minutes ago, clintdempsey said:

Tbf he had that last season as well. (Available players) Didn’t really work out though.

Strong disagree on this, CM for example was a mess basically all season.

We had to play the same side over

league and CL games for about 4-5 weeks in a row.  We were actually comfortable until Pope got injured despite the other issues going on 

Am I missing any players we’ve officially bid for?

Rejected:

Trafford (GK) - Championship

Kilman (CB) - Premier League

Tosin (CB) - Premier League

Olise (RW) - Premier League

DCL (ST) - Premier League

Accepted

Greek Guy (GK) - Premier League

Ruddy (GK) - Championship

Kelly (CB) - Premier League

Osulu (ST) - Championship 

Scouting far and wide :D 

7 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Don't think we'd have considered Kilman and DCL if we weren't trying to resolve our PSR issues.

Or the Greek keeper. 

29 minutes ago, Pata said:

Strong disagree on this, CM for example was a mess basically all season.

I probably should have added “at the start of the season” which is what I thought you were talking about. ie where we’re at now. 

First game we hade Bruno, Joelinton, Tonali, Anderson and Longstaff all involved. 

This year we’ll have the above plus Willock minus Tonali and Anderson?

2 hours ago, St1pe said:

Had to be there to remember what that hype was like when that picture came out. 

Just remembered how long I've been on this forum. I'm sure I was on here when Michael Jackson died 😂

3 minutes ago, Izakaya said:

Just remembered how long I've been on this forum. I'm sure I was on here when Michael Jackson died 😂

Mate, I was on this forum when he'd just fondled his first bairn.

10 minutes ago, clintdempsey said:

I probably should have added “at the start of the season” which is what I thought you were talking about. ie where we’re at now. 

First game we hade Bruno, Joelinton, Tonali, Anderson and Longstaff all involved. 

This year we’ll have the above plus Willock minus Tonali and Anderson?

Yeah and we won 5-1 against the team that finished fourth and Tonali is back after two games this season and Willock is streets ahead of Anderson. This bed wetting needs to stop, there are still two weeks left of the window and either way we have at the very least stood still from the start of last season and injuries aside it would have been a very successful season as I am sure it will this season

I'd happily go through the season with the squad we have and minimal injuries so would be good to see some ££ spent there.

That being said, I'm just enjoying my football again. I don't need Champions League just yet, as exciting as it was, and appreciate it's going to take longer than expected due to obvious restraints.

I do of course stilI a juicy signing :pedro:

9 minutes ago, Vaj said:

Yeah and we won 5-1 against the team that finished fourth and Tonali is back after two games this season and Willock is streets ahead of Anderson. This bed wetting needs to stop, there are still two weeks left of the window and either way we have at the very least stood still from the start of last season and injuries aside it would have been a very successful season as I am sure it will this season

I’m not disputing that. IMO we don’t have a squad that is ahead of what we had last season. Not with the injuries (Lascelles, Botman, Miley and Wilson) we have and we really aren’t in a position to hope/expect for an injury-free season with our history.

Again, IMO, we’re a couple of quality additions away from giving ourselves the best possible chance of top 5 (if that’s indeed the goal). Don’t really see what’s bed wetting about that?

Edited by clintdempsey

6 minutes ago, clintdempsey said:

I’m not disputing that. IMO we don’t have a squad that is ahead of what we had last season. Not with the injuries (Lascelles, Botman, Miley and Wilson) we have and we really aren’t in a position to hope/expect for an injury-free season with our history.

Again, IMO, we’re a couple of quality additions away from giving ourselves the best possible chance of top 5 (if that’s indeed the goal). Don’t really see what’s bed wetting about that?

2 new starters at RW and CB I think we’re looking at 4th or 5th. The squad as it is with inevitable injuries (hopefully nowt like last season) I think we’re looking at 5th to 7th.

Edited by ExiledGeordie

18 minutes ago, clintdempsey said:

Might have been strong on you and I apologise for that. Just seems to be all doom and gloom from a few people when in reality you look at our starting eleven and bench and there is a lot of quality in there. 

I do agree that we need one or two signings, but I’m sure they will come

and if not our team is good enough for CL already IMO

15 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

I think the BBC has us finishing 9th, which would mean goodbye to Eddie, Bruno and maybe Gordon and Isac. Hope not.

Which would mean the project has essentially failed. 

13 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Major worry is that things just go stale with current squad, history shows you need to keep moving forward and vital to freshen things up every summer with new faces.

Aye, always remember the Bowyer summer.

9. Newcastle 

Last season: Seventh

Strange summer at Newcastle United, with churn backstage caused by the departure of Amanda Staveley from the boardroom and the arrival of Paul Mitchell as sporting director following Dan Ashworth's move to Manchester United.

The European football Newcastle thought they had was taken away by Manchester United's FA Cup final win over Manchester City, while profit and sustainability rules (PSR) meant the reluctant sales of Elliot Anderson to Nottingham Forest and Yankuba Minteh to Brighton respectively.

And then came the revelation that the departure of last season's star man and England winger Anthony Gordon to Liverpool had even been discussed to raise funds until other players left.

Throw in the speculation linking manager Eddie Howe with England and it has hardly been plain sailing on Tyneside.

However, if Newcastle can get a deal for Crystal Palace defender Marc Guehi, arguably England's best player at Euro 2024, over the line then the club and the Toon Army will feel a lot better about themselves.

Top 10 but still some uncertainty at Newcastle United.

Newcastle United fan writer Charlotte Robson on BBC Sport's Newcastle page:

"I think Newcastle will finish fifth and secure European football for another season. My hope is that we finish fourth and get back into the Champions League, and that we get to one cup final this time around. We were depleted last season as we dealt with an unprecedented injury crisis, but we now have depth back in the squad."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cdrlyg088r5o

Edited by Matt1892

27 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Major worry is that things just go stale with current squad, history shows you need to keep moving forward and vital to freshen things up every summer with new faces.

I'd be shocked if we don't see movement in the next couple of weeks.

12 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

9. Newcastle 

Last season: Seventh

Strange summer at Newcastle United, with churn backstage caused by the departure of Amanda Staveley from the boardroom and the arrival of Paul Mitchell as sporting director following Dan Ashworth's move to Manchester United.

The European football Newcastle thought they had was taken away by Manchester United's FA Cup final win over Manchester City, while profit and sustainability rules (PSR) meant the reluctant sales of Elliot Anderson to Nottingham Forest and Yankuba Minteh to Brighton respectively.

And then came the revelation that the departure of last season's star man and England winger Anthony Gordon to Liverpool had even been discussed to raise funds until other players left.

Throw in the speculation linking manager Eddie Howe with England and it has hardly been plain sailing on Tyneside.

However, if Newcastle can get a deal for Crystal Palace defender Marc Guehi, arguably England's best player at Euro 2024, over the line then the club and the Toon Army will feel a lot better about themselves.

Top 10 but still some uncertainty at Newcastle United.

Newcastle United fan writer Charlotte Robson on BBC Sport's Newcastle page:

"I think Newcastle will finish fifth and secure European football for another season. My hope is that we finish fourth and get back into the Champions League, and that we get to one cup final this time around. We were depleted last season as we dealt with an unprecedented injury crisis, but we now have depth back in the squad."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cdrlyg088r5o

Oh I hope Eddie hangs that in the dressing room. What a slap in the face.