NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

10 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Genuinely interested in your thoughts on the window thus far Disco but this has sent me. :lol:

Largely the same as everyone else who hasn’t lost the plot. We have two positions that we want filled and ideally would be already but I don’t think that was likely given the international tournaments.

Thus far we haven’t managed it but given we’re seemingly going for genuine game changers, made harder by not being in Europe. Let’s hope we get them filled and if not get at least one sorted to a really high level. There’s still absolutely loads of business to be done by most teams in the league, frustrating but that’s the way it is. Saying that if we signed no one (don’t think it’d happen) I’d be canny vexed. 

If nowt else it’s extremely telling all the players were being more seriously linked with all have the same profile. Right footed centre back who’s quickish and decent on the ball, lefty who plays off the right drifting in. If nothing else, it suggests things are fairly joined up. 

Obviously still being hampered massively with outgoings due to our horrific starting position of what was taken over plus needing to gamble that winter too but that’s slowly being fixed. 

For reasons unknown I seem to be able to detach arsedness about the transfer windows and the bullshit within these days too which helps x100%

Mitchell signed Disasi at Monaco and will have a lot of info on him from his time there.

Apparently Disasi also spoke with Mitchell ahead of joining Pochettino at Chelsea, due to the Mitchell and Pochettino relationship.

47 minutes ago, Pata said:

Joelinton - damage.

FFS :lol:

It's pretty clear he means the June panic sales, to be fair to him, rather than Joelinton being the damage.

Not that I was/am in favour of selling him. To me a big question is how much we would've got for him - I'm not certain it would've done the trick for us anyway, to be honest.

Tapsoba would be an impressive coup. Would be very nice to add a title winner too, especially one that managed it at an unfancied club for the first time, against the odds. Could do with that experience!

As a defender, really like how he defends. Very very smooth. Always makes it look easy.

Tapsoba is clearly the best option out of all the ones rumoured.

Disasi would be okay as well, I think people would be far more in favour of him if he were coming straight from Monaco rather than via Chelsea. Especially knowing Mitchell's links there. 

I reckon a deal for Disasi is probably quicker to get done as well which may be something the club need to think about. Plus there's a chance Chelsea could be open to a loan instead.

Interestingly, Leverkusen have had a £25 million deal for Van Den Berg from Liverpool accepted as of yesterday. Centre back that did well on loan at Mainz last season.

The timing could be significant if they are expecting to lose one of their centre backs.

3 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Tapsoba is clearly the best option out of all the ones rumoured.

Disasi would be okay as well, I think people would be far more in favour of him if he were coming straight from Monaco rather than via Chelsea. Especially knowing Mitchell's links there. 

I reckon a deal for Disasi is probably quicker to get done as well which may be something the club need to think about. Plus there's a chance Chelsea could be open to a loan instead.

Yeah, agree on Tapsoba. He is the most gifted of the centre backs we've been linked with this summer. The title winning experience is also massive.

I also agree on Disasi. He's got ability, and looked really good at Monaco. Just needs a bit of refining. I think he's likely the fall back option if Guehi and Tapsoba fall through.

4 hours ago, Lotus said:

It’s a complete fallacy to suggest we have to pay through the nose for players who would improve the squad and have genuine potential to develop into very, very good players.

The fact that we did it twice with Bruno and Botman, good age, plenty of experience and good ceiling (it’s more than possible we didn’t expect Bruno to become the monster he’s become) proves this.

It depends what your aims are? Apart from Leicester, nearly every team that has won a trophy has paid through the nose for players. At some point you need to take that leap or else you just plateau and won't win anything. Yes, you can find bargains but you can't do that across the whole team. A good example of the mix you should aim for is say Ferdinand & Vidic with regards to transfer fees. 

6 hours ago, Pata said:

Joelinton - damage.

FFS :lol:

Is Zero implying that keeping Minteh and Anderson would have better than selling Joelinton?

Assuming clubs were in for Joelinton at the right price with only 18 months left on his deal, of course. Plus the injury. 

Is that the ‘damage’ being referred to?

Said in other thread, red flag for me if we’re even genuinely considering Diasi, as that’s just Mitchell going with someone he knows. Never go for previous players you’ve worked with. 

Going to be a right shit show these next 10 days. RW links have gone altogether, so that’s Almiron and Murphy for the season.

3 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

Said in other thread, red flag for me if we’re even genuinely considering Diasi, as that’s just Mitchell going with someone he knows. Never go for previous players you’ve worked with. 

Going to be a right shit show these next 10 days. RW links have gone altogether, so that’s Almiron and Murphy for the season.

Why? Eddie's done okay with Callum Wilson thus far when he's been available.

1 minute ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Why? Eddie's done okay with Callum Wilson thus far when he's been available.

More for DoF. When they go to targeting players from ex clubs, dealing with connections from previous clubs, it’s a red flag for me. 

Chelsea for example have signed a silly amount of players from clubs people in their boardroom have connections with.

19 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

RW links have gone altogether? I’ll reserve judgement until the window shuts.