NUFC Transfer Rumours

1 minute ago, christ said:

If PSR is a big concern you’re not waving the fat end of £70m under Crystal Palace’s nose IMO. 

I think the fact of the matter is they’ve spotted an opportunity to get the player they wanted above everything else, believed they could get a deal done and simply ran out of road.

The next 24 hours will be interesting. You’d hope there’s some alternative names and they’ll move quite quickly to try and get at least a body in. 

33 hours. Every little helps [emoji38] 

1 minute ago, Big River said:

wey, at least the Stack is finally open

:eales:

The club should be laser focused on the team's best performance and doing everything to enable that. Not fucking off half way across the world to pick up a handful of new supporters and a few million quid in Australia and Japan, at the potential expense of our performance in the league. There is too much of a feel of marketing men justifying their own existence around the club at the moment.

Just now, Jackie Broon said:

The club should be laser focused on the team's best performance and doing everything to enable that. Not fucking off half way across the world to pick up a handful of new supporters and a few million quid in Australia and Japan, at the potential expense of our performance in the league. There is too much of a feel of marketing men justifying their own existence around the club at the moment.

So, just a Premier League club being a Premier League club then? :lol: 

Can't wait for the 'rate the transfer window' thread :lol:

They may still pull a couple of rabbits out of the hat in the next 36 hours but Kelly, Vlac, Hall permo, Ruddy, Pivas and Osula whilst losing Anderson and Minteh is looking bleak as fuck tbph. I'd be struggling to give it more than a 2/10 at this point and that's only because I think Kelly and Osula may be pretty decent for us this season. Throw in the fact we've not managed to shift much of the dead wood to anyone means that some people are going to be put on the spot and asked why this has happened. It's dreadful

1 minute ago, midds said:

They may still pull a couple of rabbits out of the hat in the next 36 hours but Kelly, Vlac, Hall permo, Ruddy, Pivas and Osula whilst losing Anderson and Minteh is looking bleak as fuck tbph. I'd be struggling to give it more than a 2/10 at this point and that's only because I think Kelly and Osula may be pretty decent for us this season. Throw in the fact we've not managed to shift much of the dead wood to anyone means that some people are going to be put on the spot and asked why this has happened. It's dreadful

I mean rating a window in which we don’t make any meaningful improvement is always going to be tricky. I was assuming we’d get at least Guehi in. 

1 minute ago, midds said:

But not loosing Isak, Wor Anthony or Bruno is looking fucking epic [emoji38]

1 minute ago, 54 said:

So, just a Premier League club being a Premier League club then? :lol: 

Doesn't mean we should follow that template. Winning matches in the league playing good football will do infinitely more for our profile than marketing people and overseas tours ever could.

5 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

Doesn't mean we should follow that template. Winning matches in the league playing good football will do infinitely more for our profile than marketing people and overseas tours ever could.

Both can happen, man. [emoji38] Our revenue is tapped out with your non marketing approach, so the best way to open up more opportunities for growth is entering other markets. We need money because the fat bastard that owned us previously didn’t bother diversifying our commercial ventures beyond his own benefits. 

It sucks, brother, I know!

1 minute ago, The Bonk said:

Both can happen, man. [emoji38] Our revenue is tapped out with your non marketing approach, so the best way to open up more opportunities for growth is entering other markets. We need money because the fat bastard that owned us previously didn’t bother diversifying our commercial ventures beyond his own benefits. 

It sucks, brother, I know!

I'm not saying don't market but the performance of the team should be the No.1 priority, that is the most powerful marketing tool we have by a mile.

were an injury or two away from disaster IMO. And no Dummett to call on this season (can't beleive I just typed that!!) I'm all for the manager getting what he wants, but to not get it, and then not ensure we have sduitable cover is suicidal.

We have 2 CB's with long term injurys, and 2 CBs that are older and slower. If Schar or Burn gets an Injury, were in real trouble, and this time it will 100% be the club's fault.

Just now, RobS said:

were an injury or two away from disaster IMO. And no Dummett to call on this season (can't beleive I just typed that!!) I'm all for the manager getting what he wants, but to not get it, and then not ensure we have sduitable cover is suicidal.

We have 2 CB's with long term injurys, and 2 CBs that are older and slower. If Schar or Burn gets an Injury, were in real trouble, and this time it will 100% be the club's fault.

Yeah but Krafu and Kelly

:howe: